Amr Diab Biography
Amr Diab (Amr Abd El-Basset Abd El-Azeez Diab) was born on October 11, 1961.He is an Egyptian vocalist and writer. He was born in Port Said, Egypt. According to a research by Michael Frishkopf, he has created his style termed as “Mediterranean Music”, a blend of Western and Egyptian rhythms. By 1992, he became the first Arabic-speaking artist to start making high-tech music videos. Amr Diab was born into an artistic family. His father, Abdul Basset Diab, worked for the Suez Canal Corporation and was the chairman of Marine Construction & Shipbuilding in Suez Canal.
His father played a huge role in igniting the early sparks of musical inspiration in the early stages of Diab’s professional music career. Diab, at the age of six, had his first shot at fame when he sang the Egyptian National Anthem “Bilady, Bilady, Bilady” at the annual 23 July Festival in Port Said in the presence of the late Gamal Abdel Nasser. As a result, he was rewarded with a guitar from the governor of Port Said, and began to become recognised nationally. Diab graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Arabic Music from the Cairo Academy of Arts in 1986.
Amr Diab Wife
In 1989 he married Sherine Reda and later divorced in 1992. He later remarried. In 1994 he married Zinah Ashour.
Amr Diab Height
He is 1.8 meters tall.
Amr Diab Family
He is son to Roqiyya Mohammad Mahmoud Fouad, mother and Abdel-Baset Diab, father. He is also brother to Imad Abdel Baset Diab.
Amr Diab Children
He has five children, four daughters and one son. They are:
- Jana Diab, daughter
- Nour Diab, daughter
- Karma Diab, daughter
- Kinzy Diab, daughter
- Abdallah Diab, daughter
Amr Diab Music Career
He’s released his first album entitled Ya Tareeq in 1983. Diab’s second album, Ghanny Men Albak (1984), was the first of a series of records he released with Delta Sound, including Hala Hala (1986), Khalseen (1987), Mayyal (1988), Shawa’na (1989), Matkhafesh (1990), Habibi (1991), Ayyamna (1992), Ya Omrena (1993), Weylomony (1994), and Rag’een (1995). In 1996 Diab released his first album with Alam El Phan entitled Nour El Ain, which proved an international success and gained Diab recognition beyond the Arabic speaking world.
His recorded four more albums on the Alam El Phan label including Amarain (1999) on which he collaborated with Khaled (on the song “Alby”) and with Angela Dimitriou (on the song “Bahebak Aktar”). In the summer of 2004 Diab, having left Alam El Phan, released his first album with Rotana Records, Leily Nehary, which he followed up with the hugely successful Kammel Kalamak (2005), and El Lilady (2007). September 2011 saw the release of his album Banadeek Taala, produced by Rotana. In February 2011, Amr Diab released his hit single “Masr Allet” (Egypt spoke).
In 2012, Diab hosted the first Google Hangout in the Middle East during his performance in Dubai. In October 2014, Amr Diab released his album “Shoft El Ayam” which topped his last album “El Leila” and again became the best selling album in Egypt in iTunes and Rotana. In July 2015, Amr Diab released the music video from his song “Gamalo” from his album “Shoft El Ayam.”in March 2016 he released his last and current album “Ahla w ahla” which was produced for the first time by “Nay Records”, after leaving Rotana Music.His new album “Maadi el Nas” was released in July 2017 with “Nay Records”
Wayah (With [Her]) was released for sale on the internet on 27 June; however, the album was leaked online and was downloaded illegally amid complaints of slow download speed on the official site. Diab’s fans initiated a massive boycott of the sites with the illegal copies. On 18 October 2009 Amr Diab won four 2009 African Music Awards in the following categories: best artist, best album, best vocalist and best song for “Wayah”; Amr Diab had been nominated by the Big Apple Music Awards. Amr Diab Will Release His New Album Named Kol Hayaty on September 10 2018.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
He is known as the father of Mediterranean Music. David Cooper and Kevin Dawe refer to his music as “the new breed of Mediterranean music”. According to author Michael Frishkopf, Diab has produced a new concept of Mediterranean music, especially with his international hit, “Nour El Ain”.
He is one of the first singers to popularize music videos in the Arab world and the first Egyptian singer to appear in music videos.
Amr Diab Net worth
He is an Egyptian singer and composer who has a net worth of $45 million.
Amr Diab Albums
- 1983: Ya Tareeq (يا طريق – O Road)
- 1984: Ghanny Men Albak (غنّي من قلبك – Sing From Your Heart)
- 1986: Hala Hala (هلا هلا – Welcome, Welcome)
- 1987: Khalseen (خالصين – We’re Even)
- 1988: Mayyal (ميّال – In Love)
- 1989: Shawaana (شوقنا – Missing You)
- 1990: Matkhafeesh (متخافيش – Don’t Worry)
- 1991: Habiby (حبيبي – My Love)
- 1992: Ayamna (أيامنا – Our Days)
- 1992: Ice Cream Fi Gleam (أيس كريم في جليم – Ice Cream In Gleam)
- 1993: Ya Omrena (يا عمرنا – Our Life)
- 1993: Zekrayat (ذكريات – Memories)
- 1994: W Ylomoony (و يلوموني – And They Blame Me)
- 1995: Ragaeen (راجعين – We’ll Be Back)
- 1996: Nour El-Ain (نور العين – Light Of The Eye)
- 1998: Awedoony (عوّدوني – They Got Me Used To)
- 1999: Amarein (قمرين – Two Moons)
- 2000: Tamally Maak (تملي معاك – Always With You)
- 2001: Aktar Wahed (أكتر واحد – The Most One)
- 2003: Allem Alby (علم قلبي – Teach My Heart)
- 2004: Leily Nahary (ليلي نهاري – My Night, My Day)
- 2005: Kammel Kalamak (كمّل كلامك – Keep Talking)
- 2007: El Leila De (الليلا دي – This Night)
- 2009: Wayah (ويّاه – With Him)
- 2010: Aslaha Btefre’ (اصلها بتفرق – Because She Makes A Difference)
- 2011: Banadeek Ta’ala (بناديك تعالى – I’m calling you, come )
- 2013: El Leila (الليلة – Tonight)
- 2014: Shoft El Ayaam (شفت الأيام – Seen The Days)
- 2016: Ahla w Ahla (أحلي و أحلي – More & More Beautiful)
- 2016: Mn Asmaa Allah Al Hosna
- 2017: Maadi El Nas
- 2018: Kol Hayatti
- 1984: Forsan Asia ( Asia Horsemen – فرسان آسيا )
- 1986: Menin Ageeb Nas (Where Can I Get People – منين أجيب ناس ) – ( Yanabee’ El Nahr TV Series – مسلسل ينابيع النهار )
- 1986: Ya Helwa ( Sweetie – يا حلوة )
- 1987: Assef ( Sorry – آسف ) – ( Assef la yogad hal akhar TV Series – مسلسل آسف لا يوجد حل آخر )
- 2004: Amr Diab Greatest Hits (1986–1995)
- 2005: Amr Diab Greatest Hits (1996–2003)
- 2005: Mateftekrish ( Don’t Even Think – ماتفتكريش )
- 2016: Ahla Ma Ghanna Amr Diab 2004–2015 ( The best of Amr Diab 2004–2015 – أحلى ما غنى عمرو دياب
2016 Ahla wa Ahla -أحلي و أحلي 2017 meaddy El Nas -معدي الناس 2018 Kol hayaty -كل حياتي
Amr Diab Mp3
To get all his latest music and download click here
Amr Diab Tamally Maak
Amr Diab Nour El Ain
Amr Diab 2017
Amr Diab Arena
Your place to talk about Amr 24/7! Discuss away or post articles and pictures and share your thoughts. To get all information click here
Amr Diab Youtube
Connect to his official Youtube channel click here
Amr Diab Ahla W Ahla
Amr Diab 2015
Amr Diab New Album
His latest album is called Meaddy El Nas.
Habibi Amr Diab
Best Of Amr Diab
- Tamally Ma3ak
- Nour El 3ain
- Leily Nhary
- Ne2oul Eih
- Ana 3ayesh
- Ya Gamal Eyoun
- Wala 3ala Baloh
- El Leila
- We Malo
Amr Diab Rasmaha
Amr Diab Matkhafeesh
Amr Diab Ragea
Amr Diab Awedony
Amr Diab Allem Alby
Allem Alby, is a studio album by Amr Diab, and was released on 18 February 2003. Following the big success of the previous album Aktar Wahed, it contains 12 tracks, as the head of the album was Allem Alby.
Amr Diab Facebook
Amr Diab Twitter
Amr Diab Instagram
Kenzy Amr Diab
Amr Diab Wahashtiny
Amr Diab Amentak
Amr Diab Amarain
Amr Diab Dubai 2017
Amr Diab Tickets
Amr Diab concert on the 30th of August at Golf Porto Marina. To book his tickets and know when he will be performing near you click here
Amr Diab News
Amr Diab to release new album after World Cup.
Updated on: Tue, Apr. 24, 2018
CAIRO – 24 April 2018: Egyptian superstar singer Amr Diab is currently preparing for his upcoming album, which is scheduled to be released next summer directly after the World Cup.
The album will witness Diab’s cooperation with a notable group of songwriters, including Ayman Bahgat Qamar, Tamer Hussein, Nader Abdelallah, Khaled Tag, Ahmed Malky and others, as well as composers, such as Amr Moustafa, Mohamed Rahim, Waleed Saad, Khaled Ezz, Ahmed Hussein and others.
Diab announced a surprise on his official Facebook page, stating that the upcoming album will include his old successful song “Al Fakrenek” (They Thought That You Are My Lover), which he sang in a concert performed at the American University Cairo in 2008. “Al Fakrenek” achieved booming success at that time but wasn’t included in any of Diab’s previous albums.
Diab will perform a concert in St. Petersburg, Russia on June 18. This concert is tailored to back the Egyptian national team, who will be participating in the World Cup in Russia at the same time. Egypt will face Russia on June 19. The concert will take place under the tagline “Egypt celebrates the World Cup”.
Tickets are available now and booking will be open until mid-May. In addition to a group of his famous songs, Diab is expected to perform his famous song “Al-Farha El-Leila” (Tonight’s Happiness) at the concert, which he composed right after the Egyptian national team qualified to the World Cup. St. Petersburg is the second largest city in Russia after Moscow.
Diab, born in Port Said in 1961, has risen to fame in the Arab world over the past two decades. He continues to break sales records, according to a BBC report and his official Facebook page.
His most famous album is “Nour el-Ain” (Our Eyes Beam), which brought him to the international scene and earned him the title of “The Father of Mediterranean Music” for his style of blending Egyptian and western rhythms.
The mega star, who founded the record company Mediterranean Music, has had his songs translated into seven languages.
Diab received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Big Apple Music Awards in 2009. At the 2014 World Music Awards, Diab was also awarded Best Egyptian Artist, Best Male Arab Artist, and World’s Best Arab Male Artist Voted Online.
Diab’s first album was titled “YaTareeq” (The Path) and was released in 1983. His most recent album, “Meaddy El-Nas” (Surpassing People), was released in July 2017 following a major viral promotion campaign across Cairo sponsored by Egypt Linx.