Amr Khaled Biography
Amr Khaled Mohamed Helmi is an Egyptian Muslim activist and television preacher. He was born on 5 September 1967 in Alexandria, Egypt. He was chosen as one of the world’s 100 most influential people by Time Magazine. His primary audience consists of Arabs ages fifteen through thirty-five.
He graduated from Cairo University in 1988 with a degree in Accounting. In 2001, he received a diploma from an Islamic Studies Institute. He received his Ph.D at the University of Wales, Lampeter in May 2010 with a grade of A. He began preaching in mosques in 1990 while still working as an accountant.
In 1998, he moved to fulltime preaching, primarily on satellite television. His popular lectures, which can be seen on the Iqraa TV channel via the Nilesat direct broadcast satellites, are also distributed over the Internet and on audio and video cassette tapes.
He rejects extremism and strongly denounces the actions of Osama bin Laden. He announced that Arab Muslims want to live peacefully in coexistence with the West. His main teachings remain the same as those before him in more modern media, talking about everyday actions to get closer to Allah such as honesty, humbleness, and being polite.
He believes that for society to improve it must change from the grassroots. He promotes community development in the Arabic and Muslim nation based on what he terms Faith Based Development. The idea is for people to develop their communities and countries with faith as their motivator and guide.
Amr Khaled Age
He was born on 5 September 1967 in Alexandria, Egypt. He is 51 years old as of 2018.
Amr Khaled Wife
He is married to Ola Abdul-Latif. He keeps his personal life private and has kept his family out of the limelight hence less is known about them.
Amr Khaled Books
- حكم تتخطى الزمن Timeless Wisdoms
- Prophet Muhammad’s (s) Caliphs خلفاء الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم2005
- Co-existence with other faiths
- women in islam book 1
- Marine Geophysical Applications for Detecting Seabed Features: Basics, Acquisition, Processing and Interpretation
- Computational Immunology: Prediction of Antigenic Conformational Epitope Patches and Residues on the Protein 3D
Amr Khaled Facebook
Amr Khaled Instagram
Amr Khaled Twitter
Amr Khaled Kissas Al Koran
Amr Khaled Qasas Al Quran
Amr Khaled News
Amr Khaled in hot water over chicken advertisement
Updated: May. 19, 2018
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
CAIRO – 19 May 2018: Well-known Egyptian preacher Amr Khaled is in hot water because of an advertisement video posted on Facebook featuring him calling to eat Alwatania brand chicken to perform better in prayers.
Khaled became the laughing stock of social media after he linked between eating this chicken and piety in prayers. He stressed that the brand of chicken will help Muslims be in good health and thus maintain their piety through the prayers.
A video posted on the Facebook page of the poultry company has provoked a wave of protest and criticism over the credibility of the preacher. Dozens of jokes have been posted on Facebook about the poor advertisement and the fake performance of Khaled. With the attack on Khaled, the company was forced to delete the video from its Facebook page.
Earlier, Khaled was shown in video performing Hajj (pilgrimage) rituals in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The video, which went viral, showed Khaled praying for his followers on social media, a matter which raised a lot of questions and mocking, as many people saw the Egyptian preacher as only seeking to obtain more followers and “likes”.
Khaled was criticized and accused of acting and using the religion for personal gain by some social media users.
Amr Khaled Makes Public Apology For El-Wataneya Chicken Ad
Updated: May 20, 2018
Ramadan is the time for fasting, spirituality, humbleness and memes. One man who has found himself the center of every post on social media is Amr Khaled.
In an unexpected religious twist, the Muslim activist and television preacher starred in an ad alongside chef Assia Othman for Al-Wataniya chicken. Khaled claimed that in Ramadan we all need healthy recipes to elevate our spiritual experience. While going healthy is a no-brainer, everyone managed to turn the ad into a joke, and claimed that Khaled is using his religious influence for marketing.
The ad was immediately retracted and the Islamist preacher courageously admitted he was wrong in a social media public apology. It’s only the fourth day of Ramadan and celebrities are making public apologies. Social media is ruthless.
Amr Khaled Quotes
- The reasonable among us must be heard and our voices must come out clearer than the voices of the extremists.
- I was greatly encouraged to launch this initiative after 93 per cent of some 80,000 Muslim youths polled opted for a dialogue with the Danish people.
- The Danish government should do a lot of things. The government should apologize.
- Dialogue and many practical common projects are more important. We came here to build bridges but it must be two-way bridges.
- We feel there are forces of extremism which are aiming to light fires and transform Denmark from a peaceful country to a country which will suffer from conflicts.