Charles Ampofo is the Chairman and Founder of Kampac Group, which is headquartered in the business hub of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The Group engages in various activities and operates Kampac Oil as its primary business. Ampofo is said to have made his fortune through Kampac Oil, an oil and gas firm based in the business hub of Dubai.
Other companies under the Group includes Kampac Properties, Kampac Travels, Kampac Flora, Kampac Telecom and Kampac Resources.
Kampac International PLC was founded in 1988 in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates with additional offices in the United Arab Emirates, Ivory Coast, the United Kingdom, Greece, Jordan, Nigeria, Senegal, Venezuela, Canada, Ghana and South Africa.
In 1999, Charles Ampofo founded Universal Transfer Service as a Financial Services and Funds Transfer company which went on to build an entire multi-banking network in Côte D’Ivoire which consisted of 24 banks. Under his leadership, the company has post growth of more than 30% over the last 10 years.
Charles Ampofo has created the largest energy city in the world in the Philippines and upon completion the company will be one of the top 50 oil companies in the Far East. He is a member of the Global Fortune Forum since 2005.
Charles Ampofo Family
Ampofo was born in 1960 to a goldsmith father and house wife mother in Juaso, Asante Akyem District, Ghana. At the age of six, he lost his father and life become so hard for his mother to look after seven children, the hard situation forced him to begin working at the early age and he went through childhood difficulties just like any other African child.
As life went on, Charles Ampofo became hard working thus helping his mother to look after his other siblings as well as continuing with his education, he attended his O-level secondary school at Abuakwa State College and his A-level at Ahmadiyya College, finally he went abroad in United States and UK for his University education.
Things You Absolutely Don’t Know About Charles Ampofo
1. Charles Ampofo is his name.
2. Charles Ampofo is worth $ 1.46 billion.
3. Mr. Ampofo is the chairman and founder of Kampac Group headquartered in the business hub of Dubai in the UAE with presence in 22 countries.
4. Kampac groups’ primary business are in the oil and gas industry.
5. Over the last five years, the company has average yearly revenue of over $ 1 billion with consolidated annual revenue of $ 3.4 billion.
6. Charles Ampofo was born in Juaso in the Asante Akyem District of Ghana to a goldsmith father and a ‘housewife’ mother.
7. The billionaire Ahmadiyya College for his “A” Level.
8. In 1999, Charles Ampofo founded the Universal Transfer Service in Ivory Coast which built a whole multi – banking network consisting 24 banks.
Management Team of Kampac Group formed by Charles Ampofo
Kampac Oil Middle East FZCO Board of Directors currently includes Charles Ampofo, Rodney Whitney and Pekka Rautimo. The Board of Directors is elected by the shareholders. The primary role of the Board is to assume overall responsibility for the stewardship of the Company and overseeing the activities of management in order to ensure that the Company and the investors’ long-term interests are being served.
1. CHARLES AMPOFO is Chairman and founder of Kampac Group. Mr. Ampofo has over 30 years of business experience. His educational background includes a B.Sc. in Mathematics, and MBA in Business Administration.
2. RODNEY C. WHITNEY SR. is Executive Vice-President of Business Development. He has 33 years of experience in the petrochemical industry. Mr. Whitney is also a member of the Management Team.
3. PEKKA RAUTIMO is Board Member of Kampac Oil and Chief Executive Officer of International Infrastructure Development. Mr. Rautimo holds a MSc in Architecture from Oulu University in Finland. His experience spans over 40 years.
4. EMEKA OKAFOR is the Managing Director of Exploration and Production for Kampac Oil. Mr. Emeka Okafor joined Kampac in 1999. He is a highly experienced and skilled explorationist with a very broad and holistic understanding of the entire oil industry.