Davido Biography | Davido Adedeji Adeleke
Davido is an American-born Nigerian recording artist, performer, songwriter and record producer. He first rose to fame with his 2011 single “Dami Duro” which was well received throughout Nigeria. Over the years he has released numerous hit songs making him an international artist with performances all over the world.
He co-owns HKN Music (a record label home to Sina Rambo, B. Red and DeeKay), alongside his elder brother Adewale Adeleke. He has since produced music for artists like Naeto C, Skales, Tiwa Savage and Sauce Kid. He signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria in April 2012 and also partnered with Guinness Nigeria for the “Guinness World of More” concert in 23rd October, 2013.
For his education, the musician attended the British International School in Lagos. He also studied Business Administration at Oakwood University prior to relocating to Nigeria. His interest in music began during his time at Oakwood University. He bought musical equipments and started making beats, in addition to recording vocal references. He dropped out of Oakwood University when he started getting bad grades and relocated to London, where he focused more of his energy towards vocals as opposed to production.
When he went back to Nigeria in 2011, his music career was sidelined after he agreed to honor his father by enrolling at Babcock University. In July 2015, the artist earned a music degree from Babcock after his father paid the university to erect a music department for an inaugural class of one.
He released his debut album, Omo Baba Olowo, in 2012 which was supported by the singles “Back When” featuring Naeto C, “Dami Duro”, “All of You”, “Overseas” featuring Sina Rambo, “Ekuro”, “Gbon Gbon” and “Feel Alright” featuring Ice Prince. Between 2013 and 2015, he released the singles “Gobe”, “One of a Kind”, “Skelewu”, “Aye”, “Tchelete (Goodlife)”, “Naughty”, “Owo Ni Koko”, “The Sound” and “The Money”. The aforementioned singles were reportedly intended to be singles off the album, The Baddest.
In January 2016, the singer announced via Twitter that he had signed a record deal with Sony Music. His announcement was met with mixed reactions which led the record label to put out a press release to confirm the deal. Few months after signing with Sony, the singer started his own label, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW). Dremo and Mayorkun are currently signed to the label. In July 2016, he again signed a record deal with Sony’s RCA Records.
The talented singer was born on November 21, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. He is 25 years old as 2018.
Davido Family | Davido Brothers And Sisters | Davido Siblings
The singer was born David Adedeji Adeleke and he comes from a wealthy family with his father Dr. Adedeji Adeleke, being a famous businessman and investor. His mother, Dr. Veronica Adeleke died in 2003. She was a university lecturer. The hitmaker has three siblings: two sisters and a brother. Sharon Adeleke, Coco Adeleke and Adewale Adeleke.
Davido Wife | Davido Girlfriend
The singer is currently in a relationship with his university course mate, Chioma Avril. The two can be seen spending lots of time together even during the singer’s tours to perform. He recently began calling her his wife, making it known on his Insta stories as he wrote boldly the words “I miss my wife,” with a sad smiley. He also has two baby mamas although their relationships are over.
Davido Daughters | Davido Children
The Nigerian singer has two daughters. The first daughter is Aurora Imade Adeleke, born on 14th May 2015. Her mother is Sophie Momodu. His second daughter is Hailey Veronica Adeleke. Her mother’s name is Amanda, born on 9th of May 2017 in the USA.
- Omo Baba Olowo 2012
- Best of Davido 2015
- The Baddest 2015
- Son of Mercy – EP 2016
Davido Music | Davido Songs
Some of his songs include:-
- My Story
- Fall (Snippet)
- New York City (Leak)
- Biggest BackSide (feat. B-Red)
- Coolest Kid In Africa (feat. Nasty C)
- How Long (feat. Tinashe)
- Maga To Mugu (feat. Simi)
- Gbagbe Oshi
- Dami Duro
- The Money
- Owo Ni Koko
- Fans Mi
To download any of his songs in Mp3 format, click here.
Davido Concert | Davido Tour
2018 Upcoming concerts
- Friday 31 August 2018
House of Blues Boston Presented By Cricket Wireless, Boston, MA, US
- Saturday 01 September 2018 – Sunday 02 September 2018
Made in America Festival 2018
Philadelphia, PA, US
Made In America Festival: 2 Day Pass 2018
Ben Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA, US
ONE LOVE ONE HEART REGGAE FESTIVAL 2018
Yolo County Fairgrounds, Woodland, CA, US
- Tuesday 04 September 2018
Irving Plaza, New York, NY, US
- Thursday 06 September 2018
The Fillmore Silver Spring, Silver Spring, MD, US
- Saturday 08 September 2018
One Musicfest 2018
Central Park, Atlanta, GA, US
- Saturday 08 September 2018 – Sunday 09 September 2018
One Music Fest 2018
Central Park, Atlanta, GA, US
- Thursday 13 September 2018
The Ballroom at Warehouse Live, Houston, TX, US
- Friday 14 September 2018
The Bomb Factory, Dallas, TX, US
- Tuesday 18 September 2018
The Novo by Microsoft, Los Angeles, CA, US
- Thursday 20 September 2018
August Hall, San Francisco, CA, US
- Sunday 27 January 2019
The O2 Arena, London, UK
To get tickets for the concerts, click here.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Davido Phone Number
The singer has a height of 5 feet 7 inches (170cm).
- 2012 – Kora Awards – Best Newcomer Award
- 2014 – BET Awards – Best International Act: Africa
- 2014 – Ben TV Awards – Music Video of the Year
- 2011 – Dynamix All Youth Awards – Promising Youth Artiste
- 2011 – Dynamix All Youth Awards – Song of the Year
- 2014 – African Muzik Magazine Awards – Best Male West Africa
- 2014 – African Muzik Magazine Awards – Artist of the Year
- 2014 – MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Male
- 2014 – MTV Africa Music Awards – Artist of the Year
- 2012 – Channel O Music Video Awards – Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year
- 2014 – Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – Best Afro Pop Video
- 2012 – Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – Best Video By A New Artiste (Live Beats Choice)
- 2014 – Ghana Music Awards – African Artiste Of The Year
- 2014 – City People Entertainment Awards – Musician Of The Year (Male)
- 2014 – The Headies – Artiste of the Year
- 2014 – The Headies – Song of the Year
- 2013 – The Headies – Hip Hop World Revelation
- 2013 – The Headies – Best R&B/Pop Album
- 2012 – The Headies – Next Rated
- 2014 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Hottest Single of the Year
- 2014 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Male Artist of the Year
- 2014 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Collaboration
- 2013 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year
- 2012 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Hottest Single of the Year
- 2012 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best New Act of the Year
- 2012 – Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Collabo of the Year
Davido Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be about $14 million.
Davido Father Net Worth
In 2015, Davido’s Father’s Net Worth was over 360 million dollars. In 2017, his net worth increased to over 700 million dollars, according to Forbes.
Davido Latest Music | Davido Nwa Baby
Olamide And Davido
Album: The Baddest
Nominations: Soul Train Music Award for Best International Performance
Skelewu Davido | Davido Skelewu Video
Album: Queen of Katwe (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Nominations: MTV Africa Music Award for Song of the Year
Davido How Long
Featured artist: Tinashe
Album: Live the Music (Gold Edition)
“I will never leave Africa for anywhere” [Full Interview]
“I love this my African thing. I love it. I will never leave Africa for nowhere. Ever!” – Davido
The DMW boss who signed to Sony Music in January 2015, is working on releasing his debut EP, “Son Of Mercy”, which is now available for pre-order on iTunes. A single off the EP ‘Gbagbe oshi’ is currently being promoted for the local market, and he talks to Pulse about his new phase so far.
The conversation which took place at the premiere of his new video, has been transcribed and edited below.
On Absence From Music:
Why are people saying it’s taken forever, infact, shey na only me never drop? Abeg, make them free me.
I was cool, I was travelling, I doing things, I was recording, I was living life, I was in America. It kind of was very fast for me, because I was moving so much, I was just setting up plays. I was setting up plays for the future.
On Sony Music Deal:
I was hyped that they came to me. When they told me that this is going to happen, it’s a sacrifice that I had to make. I did so much in four years, I did a lot, every award, I have it.
You will see, I can’t explain, you gotta see the work. At least I don’t have to pay for my videos again. I’m always thinking: ‘spending $250,000 on one video, that’s what I’ll never do. That’ll just take it to another level.
I have creative control, it’s a joint thing. Most times, whatever I send them, they are ready to go.
On “Son Of Mercy” EP:
The point of the EP is just to put out as much music as possible. Anyway I can put out music, I will do it. Before you drop albums, they allow you drop the EP, so I said ‘Yo let’s do it’. I had options to just wait, drop the single, then drop the EP. I was like ‘no let me just drop the EP’.
All of my international collaborations Usher, Future, Popcaan, Young Thug, and more are on the album. Everything is on the album. Think about it, the end of the year is here. Why release all my missiles now, and the next year everybody turns over a new leaf?
So I’m coming, doing my African thing for now, giving them the Tinashe record, so let them feel that for now, next year, just come through. That’s why I had to do this EP. I can’t do what they are doing better than them, and they can’t do what I am doing better than me. So I just have to do this EP, and drop it down.
On African Music International Spotlight:
I think a lot of people are going to get signed, coming soon. But trust me, there’s work ahead of us. It’s like I’m starting again. That’s how it feels, that’s what they keep telling me. They say: ‘Yo David, we understand that you have this and that, and you are big. But you gotta start again.’ When they are interviewing me, they aren’t saying ‘Yo Davido’, they are asking ‘What’s your name? Explain Afrobeats to me?’. So it’s like starting again.
But it’s cool, Im just 23 years.
On Starting Davido Music Worldwide:
I needed a new space, found these new boys, and I’m like, let’s go. Do far, it’s been lovely. I’m proud of them, they are doing so well.
On Judging His Success As A Person:
(I was successful) since last year! From last year I dey think all those ones. I bad!
For me it’s just to keep going, help other people, drop the album, destroy. I love this my African thing. I love it. I will never leave Africa for nowhere. Ever!