DJ Zinhle Biography
DJ Zinhle whose real name is Zinhle Jiyane is a South African DJ. In 2016, she was named as the 4th Most Powerful Celeb in South Africa by Channel 24.
She never planned to be a DJ as she wanted to be a TV presenter. Her brother Zak owned a company that hired out sound equipment and he had so much love for music that he would always de-stress through mixing vinyls at home. One day he showed her how to mix.
Her first proper gig happened when she was helping her brother set up for an event. The DJ was late and she stepped in.
She later got her big break with the dance show Jika Majika a youth show that showcases the latest dance moves and airs in SABC 1. She was a resident DJ for the show from 2006 to 2009, this pushed Zinhle into the spotlight and made her a household name.
DJ Zinhle – DJ Academy
In 2009, DJ Zinhle partnered with Nomndeni Mdaki to launch The Firm Understanding of Sound Entertainment Academy (FUSE), the first DJing academy in South Africa that specifically targets female DJs.
FUSE Academy aims to empower young talented females in becoming DJ’s and the approach adopted by FUSE is a holistic one aimed at identifying and nurturing talent.
FUSE Academy encapsulates the many challenges that females are faced with within the entertainment industry. It provides training, mentoring, and tutoring to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to succeed in the entertainment industry.
Dj zinhle Age
She was born on December 30, 1983.
Dj Zinhle Baby – Dj Zinhle and AKA Baby
She is a mother of one beautiful daughter Kairo Owethu Forbes aka Baby K, who she got from her past relationship with rapper AKA.
Dj Zinhla Boyfriend
Dj Zinhla boyfriend is Brendan Naidoo.
DJ Zinhle Achievements
- In 2009, Mail & Guardian nominated her as one of the 300 “Young South African You Have to Take to Lunch”.
- She is a SAMA 19 song of the year nominee, 12th Metro FM Awards song of the year nominee and a Channel O Awards nominee.
- In 2014, Bona Magazine named her as one 10 of SA’s Most Influential Women.
- Oprah Magazine named her as one of 21 Powerful African Women In 2014.
- In 2016, Channel 24 named as the 4th Most Powerful Celeb in South Africa.
- She is Glamour Magazine’s Woman of Year for 2016.
- In 2016, she was ranked as the second MOST INFLUENTIAL YOUNG SOUTH AFRICAN in an annual awards and ranking scheme for young South African Achievers between 15-40 years.
- In 2017, she designed and showcased a fashion line alongside a young designer Chesney Williams at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Joburg.
DJ Zinhle Career
DJ Zinhle has DJ-ed or has been a key note speaker at the following events:
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
- SAMA Awards, Channel O Awards and Gauteng Sports Awards.
- Miami Music Conference and Southern African Music Conference. – Durban July and SA Fashion Week.
- Common Weath Games South Africa after party in Glasgow.
- Swaziland MTN Bushfire.
- Nedbank Talk for Success.
- ESSENCE Festival.
- Working Mother’s Expo