Jennifer Musisi Biography, Law, Family and Awards
Jennifer Semakula Musisi is a Ugandan lawyer and public administrator. She is the executive director of the Kampala Capital
City Authority. She was appointed to that position in April 2011. She assumed office on 15 April 2011. On 27 February 2014, the President of Uganda re-appointed her for another three-year term, effective 14 April 2014. Her contract was renewed in April 2017, to run from 15 April 2017 until 14 April 2020.
Jeniffer Musisi Background and education
Musisi was born in Mukono District in the Central Region of Uganda, during the 1960s. She attended Tororo Girls School in Tororo District for her O’ Level education (S1 – S4). She then transferred to King’s College Budo in Wakiso District for the last two years of her high school education (S5 – S6). She graduated from Budo in 1982, at the top of her class. She served as deputy head prefect during her time at the mixed, boarding high school.
In 1982, she entered Makerere University, Uganda’s oldest university, where she studied law. She graduated in 1986 with the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB). The following year, she obtained the Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre in Kampala, the capital of Uganda. Later, she obtained the degree of Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Makerere University. She also has qualifications in management, taxation, and law from several institutions including Harvard Law School and George Washington University in the United States.
Jeniffer Musisi Career
Jennifer Semakula-Musisi is a lawyer, advocate of the High Court of Uganda and seasoned administrator with a strong legal, administrative and leadership background. She trained at Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda as well as numerous other institutions including The George Washington University, Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School.
Musisi earlier worked for Makerere University as a Legal Adviser and was then appointed Commissioner Legal Services, and subsequently Commissioner Legal Services and Board Affairs in Uganda Revenue Authority. Musisi was involved in the Institutional Reforms and Restructuring Programme at URA.
In URA, Musisi was involved in Policy formulation, legislating amendments and policy implementation at the Executive and Board levels as well as Financial Planning and Management. Her role as Commissioner Legal Services and Board Affairs involved working closely with the Commissioner General and the Senior Management Team, the Board of Directors and various stakeholders including Government Ministries, Tax Appeals Tribunal and personnel at the Uganda Judicial System.
Musisi also worked with senior managers from the various countries forming the East African Community.
Musisi worked with Uganda Revenue Authority. She was involved in improving taxpayer compliance and proposing revenue related policies and practices.
In 2011, Musisi was appointed by the President of Uganda as the first Executive Director of the Kampala Capital City Authority and has been at the head of the transformation of the City Administration from a Local Government to a Corporate Entity under the Central Government.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Jeniffer Musisi Awards
Jennifer is a member of the Uganda Law Society and has received awards in recognition of her work:
- Inspirational Woman of Uganda Award for Exemplary Leadership 2013,
- Kings College Budo Medal of Achievement Award
- Paul Harris Awards 2013 and 2014 from The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International in appreciation of tangible and significant assistance given for the furtherance of better understanding and friendly relations among peoples of the world
Certificate of appreciation for partnership and courtesies extended to the Rotary Club of Kampala East
- Golden award 2013 for Distinguished Service rendered to Kampala Capital City by Kamwokya Primary School,
- Airtel Woman of Substance Award 2013 for Outstanding Contribution to Uganda’s Public Service
- Certificate of Appreciation for Inspirational Work from Inspirational Development Uganda,
- Vocational Award 2012/13 for Dedicated and Selfless Service towards the Restoration of the Pride of the City of Kampala from the Rotary Club of Sunrise Kampala,
- Performance Achievement Award in appreciation of selfless service in restoration of Kampala City from Rotary Club of Bugolobi,
- Certificate of Appreciation for Ensuring Civil and Social Rights for the People of Kampala City from Civil & Social Rights Awareness (U)
- Nsangi Medal 2013 for Excellent Services to the People of Uganda
- Certificate of Distinguished Services as Executive Director of Kampala Capital City Authority 2013 from Bwanika Zone L.C.1 Kampala
- Philadelphia City Award presented by the Mayor of Philadelphia Michael A Nutter August/ Sept 2 2012.
- ESQR’s Best Quality Leadership Award 2014
- Global Salutation Award for Dedication and Exemplary Service for the Citizens and Residents of Uganda
- World Savers Excellence Award – Woman of the Year 2014
- Recognition as the Biblical Deborah of our time for braving the storms and excelling in turning around the face of the City from the Leadership of The National Fellowship of Born Again Pentecostal Churches – 2014
- Selected as one of the 100 Exceptional Leaders in The Commonwealth 2014-15
Country Winner (Agencies and Regulatory Authorities Sector)
- CEO Global’s Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government Awards; 2015/16
- Regional Winner (Agencies and Regulatory Authorities Sector) CEO Global’s Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government Award 2015/16
- Winner of the Socrates Award – Rome Italy 2015; International Aristotle Committee
Jeniffer Musisi Personal life
Musisi is a married mother.
Jeniffer Musisi Recognition
In December 2014, she received the Quality Leadership Award 2014, awarded by the European Society for Quality Research.