Lira whose real name is Lerato Moipone Molapo was born on 14th March 1979 in Daveyton, South Africa. She is a South African musician.
She began writing songs and performing at the age of 16 years. She was discovered and signed to 999 in the year 2000. She released her debut album ‘All My Love’ in 2003.
In 2006 she was signed to Sony Music and released three albums, Feel Good, Soul in Mind and Return.
In 2010 she performed at the FIFA World Cup Kick Off concert along international artists. The same year she released the first live DVD, Live in Concert. The DVD was certified 4* platinum and replaced Celine Dions’s ‘Live in Las Vegas’as number 1 on the DVD saless charts.
The same she went on to make her cinematic debut that year as the support lead in the Italian/ South African co-produced feature film, The Italian Consul.
In 2012 she was named one of the Five unique artists to Change Music by Essence Magazine.
She has produced a documentary series ‘Lira , Dream Chaser’ which details the release and touring of her Rise Again album in North America.
She is married to Robin Kohl since 2009. Robin is Lira’s manager and the couple often travel together for her shows, and work commitments.
Lira’s Husband Age – Robin Kohl Age
Information about Lira’s Husband Age will be updated soon.
Lira started dating Robin Kohl in march 2004. Her wedding was held on September 9, 2009 in Mauritius. The wedding was is said to have been attended by 15 immediate family members.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Feel Good (Sony/BMG Africa, 2006)
- Soul in Mind (Sony/BMG Africa, 2008)
- Lira Live in Concert: A Celebration (Sony/BMG Africa, 2009)
- Return to Love (Sony/BMG Africa, 2011)
- The LIRA EP (9 August 2011)
- Rise Again (Shanachie Records, 2014)
- Born Free (Otarel Music, 2016)
- Wa Mpaleha
- Soul in mind
- With my eyes
- As Mascaras
- Eduze Kwami
- Be About It
- Rhythm of your heart
- Dance of life
- Valley of Darkness
- Rise Again
- All my love
- Feel Good
- U and I
- Tell me what it means
- Let go sometimes
- Stay in my company
- Call Me
- What you love
- Joy inside my tears
- Brave Heart
She was choosen as Johnnie Walkers campaign ambassador- The Joywalker for Southern Africa.
She is the first South African influencer to collaborate with the Cosmetic house in a campaign tittled ‘Bobbi*LIRA’.
Lira Family Parents
Her parents are Buyi Radebe Lichaba and Khanyapa Molapo.