Olamide Adedeji popularly known as Olamide Baddo, is a Nigerian hip hop recording artist. Olamide was born in Bariga, Lagos State on the 15 March 1989.
He records mostly in Yoruba, his native tongue. In 2000, he decided to pursue a career in music. When asked why music, he said: “I found out I was gifted in it so I had to explore it, it’s my life, my hustle, my world”. In 2010, Olamide performed at The Hip Hop World Awards. He studied at Tai Solarin University of Education.
In 2011, he released his debut studio album Rapsodi while signed to Coded Tunes. YBNL, his follow-up album, was released under his label imprint YBNL Nation. The album was supported by the singles “First of All”, “Voice of the Street”, “Stupid Love”, and “Ilefo Illuminati”. On 7 November 2013, he released his third studio album Baddest Guy Ever Liveth. The album’s singles include “Durosoke” and “Yemi My Lover”. On 17 July 2013, Olamide became the first Nigerian to sign an endorsement deal with Cîroc.
He was born on 15 March 1989.
Olamide Son – Olamide Wife
He has a son by the name Batifeori Maximilliano Adedeji. Maximilliano was born on January 31st and is the first child of the rapper and his long term girlfriend Adebukunmi Aisha Suleiman.
The couple kept the child’s pregnancy very quiet but made a splash for their first child’s naming ceremony which was attended by Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola.
Olamide has won several music awards, including:-
- 2016 – Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEAs) – Album of the Year
- 2016 – – Rap Act of the Year
- 2015 – City People Entertainment Awards – Rap Artist of the Year
- 2015 – The Headies 2015 – Best Street-Hop Artiste
- 2015 – The Headies 2015 – Artiste of The Year
- 2015 – The Headies 2015 – Best Pop Single
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Certified Banger of The Year
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Video Wonder of The Year
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Artiste of The Year
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Male Artiste of The Year
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Best Hip-Hop Track
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Mixtape of The Year
- 2015 – TooXclusive Awards 2015 – Album of The Year
- 2014 – The Headies 2014 – Best Rap Album
- 2014 – The Headies 2014 – Album of the Year
- 2014 – 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards – Most Gifted West
- 2013 – Nigeria Music Video Awards – Best Afro Hip Hop Video
- 2013 – The Headies 2013 – Best Street Hip-Hop Artiste
- 2013 – The Headies 2013 – Best Rap Album
- 2013 – The Headies 2013 – Album of the Year
- 2013 – 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Indigenous Artiste
- 2013 – 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Collabo
Olamide Music List – All Olamide Songs
Rapsodi Album (2011)
- Eni Duro
- Apa It Jabo
- Young Erikina
YBNL Album (2012)
- Ilefo Iluminati
- First of all
- Stupid Love
- Voice of the Street
Baddes Guy Forever Liveth Album (2013)
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Yemi My Lover
Street OT Album (2014)
- Story for the Gods
- Up in the Club
Eyan Mayweather Album (2015)
- Lagos Boy
- Melo Melo
Olamide Adedeji Phone Number
Email: [email protected]
Source: Vanguard Nigeria
Former YBNL artiste, Xino, has taken a bold swipe at his former boss, Olamide, aka ‘Baddoo’, calling him an immature and inexperienced record label CEO who needs to up his ante on the business aspect of music and artiste management. In an exclusive chat with Showtime, he picketed Olamide for lacking managerial experience, saying, it was one of the reasons he parted ways with YBNL.
“YBNL management and other labels in Nigeria need to adopt an entrepreneurial system that focuses on artiste development because there is zero fan base in Nigeria. Once any new sensation comes out we all switch to that one. Olamide and other CEOs need to grow up business-wise. Beyonce’s husband, Jayz, is an undisputed boss because he understands this concept and creates acts that last to create others too”, he blurted out.” The fearless singer later corrected the impression that his music career is dying because he left the Olamide’s record label, YBNL. “I’m engaging in other money-making options, music is just an option and one that I love very much; I never asked to be signed on to YBNL, so I’m not bothered as much. But for the sake of those who dig my songs I’m coming with something soon, something cooking with Kiddominant is dropping soon”, he revealed.