Pearl Thusi Biography
Pearl Thusi is a South African actress, model, radio, and television personality, known for her portrayal of Patricia Kopong in The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Dayana Mampasi in the ABC thriller Quantico and Samkelo in the romantic drama film Catching Feelings. She is the host of Lip Sync Battle Africa on MTV and e.tv, as well as talk show Moments, on EbonyLife TV and also co-owns Black Pearl Hair Care Collection in collaboration with Afro-botanics.
Pearl Thusi Age
Pearl was born on 13th May 1988 in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. She is 30 years old as of 2018.
Pearl Thusi Family
Born Sithembile Xola Pearl Thusi in South Africa her father’s name is Bhekizizwe Thusi. Not much is known about her mother apart from that she passed on a while back. She has two sisters : Prunella Thusi and Pamela Thusi.
Pearl Thusi Baby Father | Daughter
She was in a relationship with sports presenter Walter Mokoena with whom she has a daughter, Thandolwethu Mokoena.
Thusi Pearl Boyfriend
She was in a relationship with SuperSport and SABC sports journalist Robert Marawa but the two shocked their fans when Marawa confirmed of their breakup in August 2017. The actress set tongues wagging on social media in January 2018 after hinting that she has found love again. “Just when I said I couldn’t be bothered with love, I end up falling for someone bomb…” she tweeted. She has however not revealed his identity.
Pearl Thusi Career in Modelling
Her career in modelling began in her early days in school. She participated in pageants in her “township” of kwaNdengezi, KwaZulu Natal in South Africa. This built her confidence infront of the camera. While in high school she continued with her passion for modelling that saw her clinch the title of the First Runners-up in Miss SA Teen in 2003 and in 2005 she was named Miss KZN.
She has graced the cover of the most high profile magazines such as City Press’ iMag, Blaque, Gaschette, Destiny Hair, Bona Magazine, True Love, Dossier, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Grazia and numerous editorials on some of these titles.
Thusi Pearl Acting Career
- She has made appearances in Zone 14, Soul City, Rhythm City, Family Bonds, Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency and Jacobs Cross.
- She’s worked on leading role on Isidingo playing Palesa Motaung.
- She had a lead role in the film Kalushi- The Story of Solomon Mahlangu.
- She has also acted on two international movie roles Tremors: Bloodlines (Universal Pictures 2015) and Rosa (Germany).
- She has also acted on a romantic comedy ‘Feelings’ with famed comedian Kagiso Lediga and Akin Omotoso.
- She is also featured on the second season of ‘Quantico’ in New York.
Pearl Thusi Hair
Pearl Thusi Career as a media personality
Her first on-screen job was as a host on iCrew, a live show on SABC3.
She entertained audiences on The Real Goboza before she moved on to South Africa’s biggest music show, LiveAmp, while, simultaneously doing Tropika Island of Treasure 5, which was shot in Jamaica, as a contestant and was later asked to host the 6th iseason of the show as the host in Mauritius.
She later moved to host ‘Moments’: South Africa, A talk show broadcasting on Ebonylife TV and Lip Sync Battle Africa on MTV and eTV.
Pearl has hosted & guest presented at events for Elle, GQ, The Metro FM awards, Simon Sabela Awards, MTV Africa Music Awards, South African Film & Television Awards, South African Music Awards to mention just a few. She has also hosted music festivals & other music events around the country.
Pearl Thusi Nominations and Awards
- Nominated for Best Actress in the supporting role at the SAFTAs for her role as as Samkelisiwe on ZONE 14.
- Nominated as YOU Spectacular most stylish female celebrity.
- Nominated as the best female host/ presenter.
- Nominated as the Best Actress for her captivating performance in Kalushi: The story of Solomon Mahlangu by the Inaugural Rapid Lion Film Festival.
- In 2015, she was voted as one of the Coolest Female Celebrities at the Sunday Times Generation Next Awards.
- She was hailed as the Fag Hag of the year by the Feather Awards.
Pearl Thusi Book
She is currently writing a book sharing her experiences as a young mother navigating her way through life as a young career woman in efforts to inspire and educate mothers around the country.
Emtee Pearl Thusi | Pearl Thusi Emtee
Pearl Thusi Quantico
Pearl Thusi Facebook
Pearl Thusi Twitter
Pearl Thusi Instagram
Pearl Thusi Twerking Video
Pearl Thusi News
Pearl Thusi is a warrior princess in new Scorpion King trailer
Published: August 20, 2018
Cape Town – Universal Pictures has released the trailer for the fifth installment in the Scorpion King franchise, Scorpion King: Book of Souls, starring Pearl Thusi.
Sharing the trailer on Instagram, Pearl writes: “Another one. Are you ready?”
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
In the movie, the Scorpion King (Zach McGowan) teams up with a female warrior named Tala (Pearl Thusi), who is the sister of the Nubian King. Together they search for a legendary relic known as The Book of Souls, which will allow them to put an end to an evil warlord.
While visiting the set on location in Cape Town in December, Channel24 asked Pearl,why viewers should watch the movie, to which she responded: “You’re going to get a fast-paced, younger and edgier version of the Scorpion King franchise. It’s a good story with beautifully structured characters. For women, men and young children.”
In the trailer the former Quantico actress shows off her staff wielding skills and impressive combat moves.