Pearl Thusi Biography
Pearl Thusi born Sithembile Xola Pearl Thusi is an actress, model, radio and television presenter. She was born on 13th May 1988 in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. She is the host of Lip Sync Battle Africa. She co-owns Black Pearl Hair Care Collection in collaboration with Afro-botanics.
Pearl Thusi Career in Modelling
Her career in modelling began in her early days in school. She participated in pageants in her “township” of kwaNdengezi, KwaZulu Natal in South Africa. This built her confidence infront of the camera. While in high school she continued with her passion for modelling that saw her clinch the title of the First Runners-up in Miss SA Teen in 2003 and in 2005 she was named Miss KZN.
She has graced the cover of the most high profile magazines such as City Press’ iMag, Blaque, Gaschette, Destiny Hair, Bona Magazine, True Love, Dossier, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Grazia and numerous editorials on some of these titles.
Pearl Thusi Acting Career
- She has made appearances in Zone 14, Soul City, Rhythm City, Family Bonds, Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency and Jacobs Cross.
- She’s worked on leading role on Isidingo playing Palesa Motaung.
- She had a lead role in the film Kalushi- The Story of Solomon Mahlangu.
- She has also acted on two international movie roles Tremors: Bloodlines (Universal Pictures 2015) and Rosa (Germany).
- She has also acted on a romantic comedy ‘Feelings’ with famed comedian Kagiso Lediga and Akin Omotoso.
- She is also featured on the second season of ‘Quantico’ in New York.
Pearl Thusi Career as a media personality
Her first on-screen job was as a host on iCrew, a live show on SABC3.
She entertained audiences on The Real Goboza before she moved on to South Africa’s biggest music show, LiveAmp, while, simultaneously doing Tropika Island of Treasure 5, which was shot in Jamaica, as a contestant and was later asked to host the 6th iseason of the show as the host in Mauritius.
She later moved to host ‘Moments’: South Africa, A talk show broadcasting on Ebonylife TV and Lip Sync Battle Africa on MTV and eTV.
Pearl has hosted & guest presented at events for Elle, GQ, The Metro FM awards, Simon Sabela Awards, MTV Africa Music Awards, South African Film & Television Awards, South African Music Awards to mention just a few. She has also hosted music festivals & other music events around the country.
Pearl Thusi Nominations and Awards
- Nominated for Best Actress in the supporting role at the SAFTAs for her role as as Samkelisiwe on ZONE 14.
- Nominated as YOU Spectacular most stylish female celebrity.
- Nominated as the best female host/ presenter.
- Nominated as the Best Actress for her captivating performance in Kalushi: The story of Solomon Mahlangu by the Inaugural Rapid Lion Film Festival.
- In 2015, she was voted as one of the Coolest Female Celebrities at the Sunday Times Generation Next Awards.
- She was hailed as the Fag Hag of the year by the Feather Awards.
Pearl Thusi Age
She was born on 13th May 1988.
Pearl Thusi Baby Father
She was in a relationship with sports presenter Walter Mokoena with who she had a daughter, Thandolwethu Mokoena.
Pearl Thusi Boyfriend
She is in a relationship with SuperSport and SABC sports journalist Robert Marawa.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Pearl Thusi Family
She has a young daughter whose name is Thando. Her fiancee is Robert Marawa who is a broadcaster.
Pearl Thusi Parents
Information about her parents will be updated soon.
Pearl Thusi Book
She is currently writing a book sharing her experiences as a young mother navigating her way through life as a young career woman in efforts to inspire and educate mothers around the country.