Pete Edochie Biography
Pete Edochie is a Nigerian actor. Edochie descends from the Igbo people in Nigeria and is a Catholic. He is considered one of Africa’s most talented actors by both Movie Awards and Movie Magic’s Africa Magic Cable network.
Pete Edochie Age
Pete Edochie was born on 7 March 1947 in Enugu, Nigeria. He is 71 years old as of 2018.
Pete Edochie Family
Pete Edochie has a younger brother called Tony Edochie. His brother Tony Edochie is married to Rita Edochie who is a Nollywood actress and television personality. Pete is married and has six children.
Pete Edochie Wife
He is married to Josephine Edochie. Josephine Edochie is a computer engineering graduate. His wife likes to stay away from media fame. She likes to spend most of her free time with her grandchildren. She is generally a simple but hardworking woman who has contributed a lot to the success of his family.
Pete loves his wife very much. Once, when he was asked whether he wanted to have another woman since it had been such a long-lasting marriage that he might have considered start looking for someone else out there. He answered that he did not want anyone else whatsoever.
He said “I married early and had remained married since then. Why am I looking for a second wife? I married a woman who gave me six children, what could I possibly be looking for in another woman that I didn’t get from this woman? There is no reason for it”.
Pete Edochie Son
According to NaijaGists.com, the number of Pete Edochie’s sons and daughters is six. All of them are university graduates with close to 8 grandkids to date. According to RazzleDazzle, the veteran Nollywood star’s children may have given birth to at least 8 children.
Like their father, Pete’s two sons, Linc Edochie and Yul Edochie, also recognized the actor in Nollywood, are wedded their wives and have managed to get children. The marital status of his one daughter is, however, unknown.
Pete Edochie Career
He got into radio broadcasting in 1967 at the age of 20 as a junior program assistant after which he was elevated to the level of a Director. He was the director of programs, but doubling sometimes as Deputy Managing Director and occasionally acting as Managing Director. He quit ABS because the government decided to politize the affairs of their FM station, thereby resulting in the entire management being asked to move out, including him. He was to be the immediate successor to the MD but had to leave and enroll in the movie industry.
He came into prominence in the 1980s when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s all-time best selling novel, Things Fall Apart and had won an International Award. The BBC flew into Nigeria to interview him for his role in Things Fall Apart.
In 2005 the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria placed Pete Edochie and several other actors, including Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Nkem Owoh, Ramsey Noah, Stella Damasus Aboderin, and Richard Mofe Damijo on a one-year ban from filming after they were said to have been collecting huge fees from producers due to their A-list celebrity status. The ban placed on these actors was seen as doom in the Nigerian film business, but currently, the actors are back in filming.
Pete Edochie Dead
NaijaGists.com reported the death of Chief Pete Edochie on 3rd January 2013. According to this network, the legendary Nollywood actor had died in Australia earlier that day while in a place called Kitzuhel, filming a movie.
Other sources reported the opposite news. As a result, the fans of Nollywood movies were left to wonder he was indeed dead or not.
According to the Australian police sources, Edochie met his death when he fell from a 50 feet mountain in the course of filming a movie. To date, no report confirmed this incident.
Pete Edochie Burial
Here are the pictures illustrating the purported burial of Pete Edochie. I should note that the pictures are not true because, by the time I write this article, Pete is alive and well.
Pete Edochie Movies
- Heavy Battle
- Test Your Heart
- Greatest Harvest
- Secret Pain
- Fair Game
- Holy Cross
- Living with Death
- Passage of Kings
- Simple Baby
- Baby Girl
- End of Money
- Living in Tears
- Never End
- No More War
- Ola… the Morning Sun
- Price of Ignorance
- The Price of Love: Life Is Beautiful
- Sacred Tradition
- The Tyrant
- Across the Niger
- Dogs Meeting
- Dons in Abuja
- The Heart of Man
- King of the Jungle
- Love from Above
- My Desire
- Negative Influence
- The Staff of Odo
- St. Michael
- Above Death: In God We Trust
- Billionaires Club
- Egg of Life
- Love & Politics
- Miserable Wealth
- The Omega
- Onunaeyi: Seeds of Bondage
- Rejected Son
- Selfish Desire
- Super Love
- Tears in the Sun
- Tunnel of Love
- When God Says Yes
- Battle Line
- My Love
- Tears & Sorrows
- Greedy Genius
- Holy Ghost Fire
- Terrible Sin
- Chain Reaction
- Lost Kingdom
- Narrow Escape
- Living in darkness
- “Things Fall Apart”
- Last Olalla
- Lion throne
- Lion of Africa
- Evil men
- Monkey chop banana
- 50 days with Christ
- The Egg
Pete Edochie Proverbs and Quotes
- You can keep the sound and get the money if sell your drum to your village.
- “When the mouse laughs at the cat, there is a hole nearby.”
- The dowry your father paid to your mother was a waste if someone has to give details of the meaning of a proverb to you.
- A goat can be taken to the market even if it frowns.
- Man cannot find worms in salt even if the world degenerates to the lowest point possible.
- Today, boys just remove earphones when they want to greet the elders, unlike in the past when they used to take off their hats.
Facts About Pete Edochie
- Pete received an award for his lead role in Chinua Achebe’s TV Drama series – Things Fall Apart. Because of that, the BBC flew down to Nigeria to interview him for his great performance in the play.2. Pete is a very devout Christian from Anambra state. He was born on the 7th of March, 1947.3. He got married at the tender age of 22 and he is blessed with 6 children who are all graduates. According to him, he bought a car for each of them. He also has 5 Grandchildren.4. Two of his sons – Linc Edochie and Yul Edochie are both talented actors in Nollywood. His brother’s wife – Rita Edochie is also a veteran actress in the Industry5. Edochie is very strict in nature just like his roles in movies. He is also known for his usage of African Proverbs in movies.
Pete Edochie secrets of strong relationships
Pete Edochie opened up about his marriage once, revealing his secrets of happiness. He gave Nigerians who have married some advice on preserving love and admiration:
- You should always ask your partner about their day. Soon enough, it will become a habit, which will bring you closer because sharing everything with each other is important. The partners have to trust each other.
- Quarrels are acceptable between people who are together, but they should not be destructive. People cannot agree on everything, and they may have arguments, but it does not mean that you should leave this person. Always look for peaceful solutions to every conflict.
- Every relationship is a great responsibility, and sometimes you will have to overcome your own unwillingness to do something if this is what your partner wants to do. A strong relationship is where both partners care about the other’s happiness and well-being. However, be honest with each other – if you feel uncomfortable with something, just tell your partner about it honestly and openly.
- You and your husband or wife should both have friends. These do not need to be your mutual friends. Each one of you needs your own people to talk to and to hang out with. You do not have to do everything together and communicate with the same people.
- Kiss each other often, especially before going somewhere or when you finally meet after a busy day. Pete Edochie says that he always kisses his wife goodbye when he is going to work in the morning, and when he comes home in the evening.
- You should not attend all the possible parties and events, especially if this is not what you want. Sometimes, you have to find some time to spend with each other, without anyone else. It will make you confide in each other more.
- Treat each other’s families like your own, and reach out to them. Your partner will be extremely pleased if you treat his or her family with love and respect.
- Often say “I love you” because the power of these three words is great. It can make your partner’s day and bring a smile on their face.
- Take care of your beloved person during sickness. Everyone will appreciate when their partner is trying to ease their pain.
- If your partner is busy, you should help them out with household chores. This way, your loved one will also help you when you are busy. The mutual help is a solid background for a strong relationship.
- Being rude and making fun of each other, especially in public, is a certain no. People who are in a relationship have to be respectful of their second half.
- Try to be punctual and avoid arriving late for the dates and meetings. Coming late without a valid reason is a clear disrespect for your partner’s time.
- When you are going traveling together, try to reduce complaints about minor things, and stay positive. It would be much better if you turned every negative moment in a long-lasting joke instead of arguing with each other and ruining your companion’s mood. Small moments are not worth growing into big quarrels.
- Always protect your beloved person whenever someone is saying something bad about them. In Pete Edochie’s case, many people who were jealous of him or did not know him well said some unpleasant things about him, and his wife instantly pointed out that they were wrong.
Pete Edochie News
Updated: MARCH 10, 2018
It was not coincident when NTA started showing again the film adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s best selling novel, “Things Fall Apart”, several years after it was yanked off the air.
The showing of the all-time production collided with the celebration of Pete Edochie’s 71st birthday. He was born on March 7, 1947.
The veteran actor turned 71on Wednesday and NTA like other Nigerians rolled out the drums to celebrate the man popularly known as ‘Ebubedike following the role he played in the 1987 NTA adaptation of Achebe’s Things Fall Apart” as Okonkwo. However, apart from NTA, many corporate organizations and individuals took the time to put to pay tribute to the screen icon. Also, some of his colleagues in the movie industry were not left out as they sent their congratulatory messages to him via social media. One of them was the President of Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ejezie Emeka Rollas. In his birthday message, Rollas prayed that God should grant the ‘Ebubedike of Nollywood’ many more years of fruitfulness.
“We cannot quantify the contributions of our father towards the continuous development of the industry. He is a great man and as a great man, he has and still doing great things both individually and collectively. His fatherly role on and off-screen cannot be over-emphasized. We pray that the Almighty grant him many years of fruitfulness in good health and in his lifetime will witness the greatness of the industry he strove to build. Happy birthday,” he wrote.
Also, in his Instagram post, Pete Edochie’s son, Yul described his father as a “ true legend”, praying that God will continue to strengthen you, every new day.
Pete Edochie shot into prominence in 1987, when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s bestselling novel, “Things Fall Apart.” He has since featured in over 200 movies and has won many national and international awards.
Thank you God for the lives of our brothers Enebeli Elebuwa and Pete Eneh. Grant them eternal rest. Amen.
— Pete Edochie (@PeteyEdochie) January 22, 2013