Wendy Luhabe Biography
Wendy Luhabe (Wendy Yvonne Nomathemba Luhabe) was born on 29th May 1957 in Daveyton, Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa. She is a South African businesswoman, social entrepreneur and author.
Wendy Luhabe Education Background
- 1977 – 1981: Bachelor of Commerce -Accounting and Marketing at the University of Lesotho.
- Management Advancement Programme, University of the Witwatersrand – Wits Business School.
- Honorary Degree – Commerce, University of Stellenbosch.
Wendy Luhabe Career
- May 2016 – Present: Independent Director of World Rugby Execurive
- 2014 – Present: Member of the Board, The Abraaj Group.
- 2009 – Present: Board Member of IMB.
- February 2004 – Present: Founder and Chair person of Women Private Equity Fund
- 1999 – September 2009: Chairperson of Industrial Development Corporation of SA Ltd. (IDC)
- 2002 – 2009: Founder and Chairperson of International Marketing Council of South Africa.
- 2000 – 2006: Chairperson of Vodacom.
- 1993 – 2000: Founding President of Women Investment Portfolio Holdings.
- Member of International Council on Women’s Business Leadership
- Member of Club of Rome.
- Founding board member, Patrons for Student Sponsorship Program
- Patron, Junior Achievement South Africa
- International Trustee of Duke of Edinburgh’s Award International Foundation
- Defining Moments, 2002
Wendy Luhabe Awards
- Woman of Worth from the Jewish Achievers Awards in South Africa
- Award in Recognition of Championing Women Empowerment, Black Management Forum
- One of 50 Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World
- Global Leader for Tomorrow, World Economic Forum
- Leadership in Practice, Unisa Business Leadership School
- The Outstanding Young Person, Osaka Jnr Chamber
She is married to Mbhazima Shilowa, a South African politician, and they have four children.