Alan Autry Bio
Carlos Alan Autry is an American actor, politician, and former National Football League (NFL) football player. He was born on July 31, 1952 in Shreveport, Louisiana, to Carl and Verna Autry.
In high school, he was a star quarterback for the Riverdale Cowboys. He received an athletic scholarship to the University of the Pacific, Stockton, California, where he was a second-string tight end in his senior year for the Tigers. In 1975, he was drafted by the Green Bay Packers, where he ended up in 1976, as the starting quarterback for three games. His football career ended quickly when he was cut from the team by then Coach Bart Starr. He then went to Hollywood to become an actor.
He made his film debut in the 1978 motion picture Remember My Name. He is best known for his role as Captain Bubba Skinner on the television series In the Heat of the Night; he also has been in numerous movies and other television shows. After nine years in Hollywood, he returned home and left his career.
In November 2000, he was elected mayor of Fresno, California, serving for two 4-year terms, through January 2009. As of September of 2008, Autry has been hosting a radio news talk show on KYNO 1300 AM in Fresno.
Alan Autry Age
He was born on July 31, 1952.
Alan Autry Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $3 Million.
Alan Autry Wife
By 1986, he was divorced and became a born-again Christian and began to devote much of his time to working with charitable causes. He is married to his second wife, Kimberlee Autry; the couple have three children.
Alan Autry Movies and TV Shows
Alan Autry Movies
- Roadhouse 66 (1984)
- O.C. and Stiggs (1985)
- Eagle and the Bear (1985)
- Brewster’s Millions (1985)
- Nomads (1986)
- House (1986)
- Blue de Ville (1986)
- At Close Range (1986)
- Proud Men (1987)
- Destination America (1987)
- Amazing Grace and Chuck (1987)
- World Gone Wild (1988)
- Street of Dreams (1988)
- The Big One: The Great Los Angeles Earthquake (1990)
- Intruders (1992)
- The Legend of Jake Kincaid (2002)
- Forgiven (2011)
- Victory by Submission (2016)
- Remember My Name (1978)
- North Dallas Forty (1979)
- Rage! (1980)
- Southern Comfort (1981)
- Dangerous Company (1982)
- Popeye (1980)
- 1988–95 – In the Heat of the Night
- 1995–96 – Grace Under Fire
- 1998 – Style & Substance
- 1999 – Sons of Thunder
- 1983 – Cheers -The Boys in the Bar
- 1983 – The Mississippi – Murder at Mt. Parnassus
- 1983 – Labor Pains
- 1986 – Quarterback Sneak
- 1984 – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke
- 1981 – 10 Million Dollar Sheriff (Parts 1&2)
- 1984 – Hunter – High Bleacher Man
- 1986 – Newhart – Will the Real Dick Loudon Please Shut Up?
- 1986 – St. Elsewhere – Out on a Limb
- 1988 – The Facts of Life – Peekskill Law
- 1979 – Hello, Larry – The Final Papers
- 1982 – Seven Brides for Seven Brothers – Gold Fever
- 1982 – Best of the West – The Funeral
- 2015 – Hart of Dixie
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take collective measures to the best of our abilities.