Nina Dobrev Biography
Nina Dobrev born Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva is a Canadian actress born in Sofia Bulgaria in January 9, 1989, she moved to Canada at the age of two, where she was raised in Toronto, Ontario, her hometown. She has an older brother, Aleksandar Dobrev. Her father is a computer specialist, and her mother, Michaela Dobreva, is an artist.
She attended Vradenburg Junior Public School and J. B. Tyrrell Sr. Public School, where she started ballet and jazz classes, and competed in rhythmic gymnastics. She also took acting classes at Armstrong Acting Studios in Toronto. Dobrev subsequently attended the arts program at Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts in Scarborough until her graduating year.
She joined Ryerson University in Toronto for her post-secondary studies, majoring in Sociology, though her pursuit of an acting career prevented her from graduating.
Nina Dobrev Age – Nina Dobrev Birthday
She was born on 9th January 1989. The amazingly talented actress is 29 years old.
Nina Dobrev Brother
She has one older brother named Alexander Dobrev.
Nina Dobrev Relationship – Nina Dobrev Boyfriend
In 2010, she dated Ian Somerhalder but they split in 2013. She then dated actor Austin Stowell from April 2015 to February 2016. Currently she is dating Hidden Figures star Glen Powell since December 2017.
Nina Dobrev and Ian Dobrev Relationship
Dobrev, 28, and Somerhalder, 38, met on the set of TV’s “Vampire Diaries” in 2009 and dated for over three years, calling it quits in 2013.
Nina Dobrev Body Measurements
Height: 5 ft 6½ (169 cm)
Weight: 56 kg (123.5 pounds)
Race / Ethnicity: White
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Nina Dobrev Career
Dobrev’s first major acting role was as Mia on the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation, a role she played for three seasons starting in 2006. She Later appeared in several feature films in the mid-2000s, including Fugitive Pieces and Away from Her. Dobrev also headlined a number of television films, including Sci Fi Channel’s Never Cry Werewolf,MTV’s The American Mall,and two Lifetime original movies.
In 2007 she appeared in the music video of “You Got That Light” performed by Wade Allain-Marcus and David Baum. The actress subsequently left Degrassi in 2009 to star in the CW’s supernatural drama series The Vampire Diaries, a television adaptation of the book series by the same name, playing the lead role of Elena Gilbert. Dobrev also played a series of doppelgangers of Elena on the series, most prominently 500-year old vampire Katherine Pierce.
She crossed over to The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals, as a doppelganger character Tatia, in an episode in 2014. In April 2015, Dobrev announced via Instagram that she would be leaving The Vampire Diaries after portraying Elena for six seasons. In January 2017, it was announced that Dobrev would return as Elena in The Vampire Diaries series finale.
The talented actress then had a minor role in the erotic thriller Chloe,theatrically released by Sony Pictures Classics on March 26, 2010. The film had enjoyed commercial success and became director Atom Egoyan’s biggest moneymaker ever. She also had a small role in the 2011 film The Roommate. Dobrev was cast as Candace Kelmeckis in the film adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, in April 2011. In August 2014, she starred alongside Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr. in the 20th Century Fox comedy Let’s Be Cops.
Dobrev played the role of Vicki Summers in the 2015 horror comedy film The Final Girls. In September 2015, Dobrev was cast in the film Arrivals, opposite Asa Butterfield and Maisie Williams, portraying the role of flight attendant Izzy; the film was later retitled Departures, and was scheduled to go into production in April 2017. The same year, she was cast in the romantic comedy Crash Pad, alongside Domhnall Gleeson and Christina Applegate, which began filming in Vancouver in fall 2015.
In January 2016, it was announced that Dobrev was in talks to join the cast of the action film sequel xXx: Return of Xander Cage, opposite Vin Diesel and Samuel L. Jackson; the film was released January 20, 2017, with Dobrev playing the role of weapons specialist Becky Clearidge. In April of the same year, she was announced to be joining the 2017 film remake of Flatliners, opposite Ellen Page, playing the role an overachiever named Marlo.
Nina Dobrev Hair
- Straight Hair, Don’t Care
She was often seen sporting this simple look at red carpet events and on the hit show .
- Classic Ponytail
This slicked-back look was no exception. Her hair was teased on top for added volume, and wrapping hair around the base of the ponytail made the look just a touch fancier for the red carpet.
- Fishtail Braid
Although not a stranger to braid. Here, her darker-than-ever hair was slicked back into a thick and complicated fishtail braid. It was the perfect complement to her smoky eye and little black dress.
- Messy Side Braid
She had some fun sporting a messy rope braid at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards. The loose waves not only added texture to the look but also helped to show off her great auburn highlights and lighter ends.
- Unicorn Braid
Not one to miss out on any hair trend, she took on the unicorn braid. She looked particularly flirty in this half-up style with soft curls.
- Messy Top Knot
This hair look gives some serious messy bun envy! To achieve the look yourself, slick your hair back and secure it into a high ponytail. Wrap your hair into a loose bun around the base of your ponytail, and secure with bobby pins. Tug at the sides of your bun, even pulling some strands of hair loose for more of an undone look.
- Sophisticated Updo
She could fit in at any prom or wedding party with this classic updo. The twists and low bun looked perfectly elegant while the loose, wispy curls at each side of her face added a bit of femininity and charm.
Nina Dobrev Fansite
Nina Dobrev Twitter
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Nina Dobrev Instagram
Nina Dobrev Quotes
- Running is my solo time; working my muscles outside in fresh air is therapeutic.
- Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.
- Girls’ weekend with the ‘Vampire Diaries’ girls has become a big deal! It’s our quality time. It’s so much fun to unload and not feel guilty complaining or talking about your insecurities or bonding over things that you thought you were on your own about.
- I like to keep some things to myself, because its called a private life, not public.
- My love can’t be purchased… Best gifts have been well-thought-out surprises.
- I went on a date once with a police officer, unbeknownst to me. I thought he was a regular guy. And when I found out that he was a police officer… I wasn’t so into it. I got paranoid that I would illegally cross the street and get a ticket for jay walking.
- There’s just something about vampires that’s sexy. It’s the same reason why women go for the bad boy – you want them but you shouldn’t have them.
- I don’t like any kind of negativity. I try to be good to everyone, whether it’s a love, a friend, an ex. I’ll always try to treat people the way I want to be treated.
- I want to open my own yoga studio. Planning construction and looking at properties is fun.
- I literally pass out when I see blood.
- I mean everybody’s got ex-boyfriends and girlfriends. Everybody’s got baggage.
- To be honest, I don’t watch a lot of TV. It’s kind of ironic because I’m on TV.
- Even though my grandparents live overseas and are so far away and we talk as much as we can, we don’t see each other that often.
- Exercising gives me endorphins and energy. I do it four days a week.
- I try not to read best-dressed lists or anything like that. For every good thing, there will often be a not-so-nice thing people would say.
- When I work out, I feel happy, confident, and accomplished..
- I have a giant baking book, so I close my eyes and pick a random page. Whatever it is, I try to bake it!
- Savasana is the easiest and most important yoga move because it’s so simple. Lying there is meditative.
- Over the holidays is when I have the most occasions to cook and bake.
- I mean everybody’s got ex-boyfriends and girlfriends. Everybody’s got baggage.
Nina Dobrev Home
She was reportedly eyeing a two-bedroom, two-bathroom $2.15 apartment on the Lower East Side.
Nina Dobrev Religion
She is a Russian Orthodox member. She hasn’t spoken about her religion other than tweeting about celebrating her “Name Day.” This is a Bulgarian, Eastern Orthodox holiday where people of a certain name are celebrated if they share their name with an Orthodox saint.
Nina Dobrev In Xxx
After coming out of self-imposed exile, daredevil operative Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) must race against time to recover a sinister weapon known as Pandora’s Box, a device that controls every military satellite in the world. Recruiting a new group of thrill-seeking cohorts, Xander finds himself entangled in a deadly conspiracy that points to collusion at the highest levels of government.
Initial release: 5 January 2017 (Mexico City)
Director: D. J. Caruso
Budget: 85 million USD
Producers: Vin Diesel, Samantha Vincent, Jeff Kirschenbaum, Joe Roth
Production companies: One Race Films, Paramount Pictures, Revolution Studios
Nina Dobrev Vampire Diaries
A few months after their parents are killed in a tragic car accident, Elena Gilbert and her brother, Jeremy, are trying to come to terms with their grief. For Elena, formerly popular and involved with school and her friends, it’s a struggle to hide her sadness. She finds herself drawn to a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan, unaware that he is a centuries-old vampire doing his best to live peacefully among humans. His brother, Damon, however, is the embodiment of vampire stereotypes, including violence and brutality, and the two brothers wage a war for the souls of Elena and everyone else in her small Virginia town. `The Vampire Diaries’ is based on the series of novels by L.J. Smith.
First episode date: 10 September 2009
Final episode date: 10 March 2017
Theme song: The Vampire Diaries Theme Song
Spin-off: The Originals
Nina Dobrev Degrassi
The young lives on Degrassi Street are always rife with problems. Whether it’s about sexuality, growing up, drugs or parents, there’s always something going on in the high school and at their homes. The long-running, multiple award-winning series follows the characters in a soap opera-type format as they endure the pangs of transitioning from childhood to adulthood.
First episode date: 14 October 2001
Final episode date: 2 August 2015
Theme song: Whatever It Takes
Networks: MTV, TeenNick, CTV Television Network, Much, Family Channel
Nina Dobrev Movies and TV Shows
- Degrassi (TV Show)
- The Vampire Diaries (TV Show)
- The Originals (TV Show)
- Let’s Be Cops (Movie)
- Degrassi (TV Show)
- The Roommate (Movie)
- Teen Choice 2010 (TV Show)
- Eleventh Hour (TV Show)
- Chloe (Movie)
- Fugitive Pieces (Movie)
- American Mall (TV Show)
- Too Young to Marry (TV Show)
- Chloe (TV Show)
Nina Dobrev Baby
Nina Dobrev Pregnant?
Canadian tabloids recently reported Nina Dobrev was pregnant after she sported what some interpreted to be a ‘baby bump’. According to the report, a source close to the couple confirmed they were expecting a child.
Is Nina Dobrev about to be a mom to a little boy or girl?
Speculation is rampant that the actress best known for her roles in The Vampire Diaries or Let’s Be Cops is expecting a baby with long-time partner after she was spotted with a prominent stomach bulge on Tuesday evening (August 21, 2018), during romantic dinner date nearby her place.
Another source revealed that “she TWICE made toasts … by drinking water instead of wine,” adding that it is “highly unusual” to “toast with anything but a full glass of wine.” (In case you weren’t aware, pregnant ladies aren’t supposed to drink alcohol.)
Twitter reacts to Nina Dobrev pregnancy rumor
The actress’s rep told journalist, “I do not comment on her personal life,”… and therefore has neither confirmed nor denied. This has caused multiple stories about the alleged pregnancy to make their way through bulletin boards and other social media sites during the past 24 hours, just following engagement rumors earlier this week.
Now we’ll have to wait and see if that ‘baby bump’ and that ‘high-profile wine-voidance’ are the key clues that ultimately lead to the Best Famous Baby News of the year.
Nina Dobrev Paul Wesley
Nina Dobrev & Paul Wesley Have ‘Vampire Diaries’ Reunion!
Updated:17 MAY 2018
Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley reunite (again)!
The 29-year-old xXx: Return of Xander Cage actress and the 35-year-old Smallville actor – who co-starred on The Vampire Diaries – shared a hug in a photo Nina posted on Twitter on Thursday (May 17).
“Ran into this guy who looks exactly like my old costar @paulwesley ! Wait…” she captioned it.
She posted the same photo in black-and-white on Instagram, writing, “Excuse me sir, you look familiar. I feel like we’ve met before. Maybe in a past life?”
The duo also got together back in December during the New York City snow showers. Paul and their other co-star Ian Somerhalder had a reunion in February as well.
Nina and Paul starred on the CW series together for six seasons before Nina left the show in 2015.