Andy Stanley Biography
Andy Stanley (born as Charles Andrew Stanley) is an American communicator, author, and pastor born on 16th May 1958 in Atlanta, Georgia, US. He is the founder of North Point Ministries and the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, Browns Bridge Church, Gwinnett Church, Woodstock City Church, and Decatur City Church.
Stanley has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Georgia State University and a master’s degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. In 1995 Stanley started the Atlanta-based North Point Ministries, the ministry has grown up to six churches in the Atlanta area and a network of more than 70 churches around the world that collectively attend to nearly 118,000 people weekly. Andy was recognized as one of the top 10 most influential living pastors in America by Outreach Magazine.
Before establishing North Point Community Church in 1995 he served as an Associate Pastor and Minister to Students at First Baptist Atlanta for many years. Buckhead Church was starred in a 2006 article in USA Today about its innovative use of high-definition video in the place of a live speaker.
Stanley is the Founder of North Point Ministries, Inc (NPM). and Senior Pastor of North Point Community Church, a multi-site church based in Alpharetta, Georgia. Before founding North Point Community Church, Andy was the Associate Pastor and Minister to Students at First Baptist Church in Atlanta.
10 Quick Facts About Andy Stanley
- Name: Charles Andrew Stanley
- Age: 64 Years (As of 2022)
- Birthday: 16 May
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 meters)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Communicator, Author, and Pastor
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: $3 Million
- Net worth: $40 Million
Andy Stanley Age
Andy is 64 years old as of 2022, he was born on 16 May 1958, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 16 May every year and his birth sign is Taurus.
Andy Stanley Height
Andy stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m).
Andy Stanley Weight
Andy Weighs 77 kg (169.4 lbs).
Andy Stanley Education
Andy attended Georgia State University, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. He then enrolled at Dallas Theological Seminary, graduating with a master’s degree.
Andy Stanley Family
Andy was born to his parents Charles Stanley and Anna j. Stanley in Atlanta. He spent his childhood with his sibling sister named Becky Stanley Brodersen. His father Charles is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, and the founder and president of In Touch Ministries.
His parents divorced in 2000 after several years of separation. The divorce caused a minor controversy in the Southern Baptist Convention as Charles had said that he would resign as a pastor if he became divorced.
Andy Stanley Wife, Sandra Stanley
Andy is currently married to his wife Sandra Stanley, who also graduated from Georgia Tech the same year. The couple tied the knot in 1998, and they have three children named Garrett, Allison, and Andrew.
Together they founded North Point Ministries. Sandra has a passion for promoting foster care in the local church and spends most of her days in seminary classes through Dallas Theological Seminary, working on various writing projects, and continuing her involvement with Fostering Together – the foster care initiative at North Point Ministries.
Andy Stanley Wife Age, Sandra Stanley Age
Sandra is 56 years old as of 2022, she was born on May 31, 1966, in the United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on 31st May every year and her birth sign is Gemini.
Andy Stanley Children
Andy, together with his wife Sandra, has three children Andrew Stanley, Garrett Stanley, and Allie Stanley.
Andy Stanley Net Worth
Andy has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a communicator, author, and pastor. Through his various sources of income, Stanley has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Andy Stanley Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Andy Stanley.
Andy Stanley Wiki
- Full Names: Charles Andrew Stanley
- Gender: Male
- Profession: Communicator, Author, and Pastor
- Nationality: American
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Andy Stanley Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 64 years (2022)
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Date of Birth: 16 May 1958
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Birthday: 16 May
Andy Stanley Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
- Weight: 77 kg (169.4 lbs)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Andy Stanley Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Charles Stanley
- Mother: Anna j. Stanley
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Becky Stanley Brodersen
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Sandra Stanley
- Children: Andrew Stanley, Garrett Stanley, and Allie Stanley
Andy Stanley Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $40 Million
- Salary: $3 Million
- Source of Income: Ministry, Book Sales
Andy Stanley House and Cars
- Place of living: Milton, Georgia, USA
Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
In 2012 his show ‘Your Move with Andy Stanley’ premiered on NBC after Saturday Night Live and on CBS after The Late, Late Show with James Corden in 2017, giving him an even wider audience with which to share his culturally relevant, practical insights for life and leadership.
Andy Stanley Books
- 2018: Guardrails Study Guide, Updated Edition: Avoiding Regret in Your Life
- 2017: How to Get What You Really Want (10-Pack)
- 2017: Address the Mess
- 2017: Killin’ It
- 2015: The New Rules for Love, Sex and Dating
- 2015: What Makes You Happy
- 2015: Why in the World Participant’s Guide: The Reason God Became One of Us
- 2015: Future Family (Groups)
- 2015: Starting Point: A Conversation about Faith
- 2014: Ask It! The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions
- 2014: Follow Participant’s Guide: No Experience Necessary
- 2013: How to Be Rich: It’s Not What You Have. It’s What You Do With What You Have.
- 2013: Community Conversation Guide: Starting Well in Your Small Group
- 2013: Christian Study Guide: It’s Not What You Think
- 2012: Christian: It’s Not What You Think
- 2012: Deep and Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend
- 2011: Enemies of the Heart: Breaking Free from the Four Emotions That Control You
- 2011: When Work and Family Collide: Keeping Your Job from Cheating Your Family
- 2011: Guardrails Participant’s Guide: Avoiding Regrets in Your Life
- 2010: The Grace of God
- 2010: Staying in Love: Falling in Love Is Easy, Staying in Love Requires a Plan
- 2010: Your Move: 4 Questions to Ask When You Don’t Know What to Do
- 2009: Faith, Hope, and Luck: Discover What You Can Expect from God
- 2009: Five Things God Uses to Grow Your Faith
- 2008: The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- 2008: Twisting the Truth: Learning to Discern in a Culture of Deception
- 2008: Starting Point: Find Your Place in the Story
- 2007: Making Vision Stick
- 2006: Communicating for a Change: Seven Keys to Irresistible Communication
- 2006: It Came from Within! The Shocking Truth of What Lurks in the Heart
- 2006: IMarriage Study Guide: Transforming Your Expectations
- 2005: Go Fish Study Guide: Because of What’s on the Line
- 2005: Life Rules Study Guide: Instructions for the Game of Life
- 2005: It Came From Within: The Terrifying Truth of What Lurks in the Heart
- 2004: Louder Than Words: The Power of Uncompromised Living
- 2004: Seven Practices of Effective Ministry
- 2004: Fields of Gold
- 2004: Creating Community: Five Keys to Building a Small Group Culture
- 2004: The Best Question Ever
- 2004: Discovering God’s Will: How to Know When You Are Heading in the Right Direction
- 2004: Parental Guidance Required Study Guide: How to Enhance, Advance, and Influence Your Children’s Relationships
- 2004: Max Q Student Journal
- 2004: Max Q for Youth Leaders
- 2003: How Good Is Good Enough?
- 2002: Choosing to Cheat: Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
- 2002: Can We Do That? Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church
- 2002: Next Generation Leader
- 2001: The Seven Checkpoints for Youth Leaders
- 2001: The Seven Checkpoints Student Journal
- 1999: Visioneering: God’s Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Personal Vision
- 1997: Like a Rock: Becoming a Person of Character
Andy Stanley Controversies
“Saved By The Church”
In March 2016 Andy came under fire for his remarks during in a February 28 message titled “Saved By The Church” in which he made a ‘stinking selfish’ parent comment. Stanley was addressing a hypothetical parent who refused to attend a larger church for the sake of student ministry options for their kids.
” When I hear adults say, “Well I don’t like a big church, I like about 200, I want to be able to know everybody,” I say, “You are so stinking selfish. You care nothing about the next generation. All you care about is you and your five friends.
You don’t care about your kids [or] anybody else’s kids” … If you don’t go to a church large enough where you can have enough middle schoolers and high schoolers to separate them so they can have small groups and grow up the local church, you are a selfish adult.
Get over it. Find yourself a big old church where your kids can connect with a bunch of people and grow up and love the local church. Instead… you drag your kids to a church they hate, and then they grow up and hate the local church. They go to college, and you pray that there will be a church in the college town that they connect with. Guess what? All those churches are big.”
“Aftermath: Not Difficult”
In September 2018 Stanley came under fire due to his sermon where he said Christians were not required to obey any of the commandments from the Old Testament.
“(First Century) Church leaders unhitched the church from the worldview, value system, and regulations of the Jewish scriptures, Peter, James, Paul elected to unhitch the Christian faith from their Jewish scriptures, and my friends, we must as well.”
After he was criticized due to his statement he later said he was misunderstood saying, “I never suggested we ‘un-hitch’ from a passage of Scripture or a specific biblical imperative.”
During an interview with Relevant Magazine, he said that instead of criticizing him leaders should have taken the opportunity to learn and listen to his message in its entirety.
“The folks in our churches understood the point I was making. Anyone who listened to all three parts of the series probably understood the point I was making. Anyone who heard my Christmas or Easter message understood the point I was making, so I guess the point I’m making is that anyone who really wanted to know what I meant by what I said could figure that out pretty easily. But it might require listening to more than one message!
I approach a message series like a single sermon, I don’t try to cover everything in 35 minutes. I’m not that good. So, if you want to criticize my approach to preaching, fine. I would love to talk about that. But don’t criticize a statement in a sermon if you aren’t willing to spend the time necessary to appreciate the context.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Andy Stanley
Andy Stanley is an acclaimed communicator, author, and pastor. He is the founder of North Point Ministries and the senior pastor of the largest church in Georgia.
Stanley is an American national born on 16th May 1958, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Stanley stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 meters).
Yes, Stanley is married to Sandra Stanley. They got married in 1998 and together they have three children named Garrett, Allison, and Andrew.
Stanley has an approximate net worth of $40 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Stanley has an approximate salary of $3 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Stanley is a resident of Milton, Georgia, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Stanley is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Andy Stanley Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Stanley Johnson
- Stanley Johnson Basketball
- Andy Banker
- Andy King
- Jd Greear
- Andy North
- Sandra Stanley
- Charles Stanley
Featured Famous Pastors and Preachers
- Adrian Rogers
- Alistair Begg
- Allen Jackson
- Alvin Love Ii
- Andrew Wommack
- Bill Johnson
- Bishop Dale Bronner
- Carroll Roberson
- Cathe Laurie
- Charles Stanley
- Chris Hodges
- Chuck Smith
- Costi Hinn
- Daniel Kolenda
- Dave Meyer
- David Ring
- Dodie Osteen
- Donnie Swaggart
- E Dewey Smith
- Eva Rodriguez
- Gabriel Swaggart
- Gloria Copeland
- Gregory Dickow
- Jack Hayford
- Jack Hibbs
- James Merritt
- Joel Osteen
- John Ramirez
- Joyce Meyer
- Kathryn Kuhlman
- Kay Arthur
- Lester Sumrall
- Lori Bakker
- Marilyn Hickey
- Mark Finley
- Matthew Hagee
- Michael Beckwith
- Michael Todd
- Morris Cerullo
- Pastor Calvin Roberson
- Paul Washer
- Perry Stone
- Pete Wilson
- Rance Allen
- Robert Madu
- Robert Morris
- Samuel Rodriguez
- Shawn Bolz
- Thomas Wesley Weeks Iii
- Tony Campolo