Farid Kamil Biography
Farid Kamil (Farid Kamil Bin Dato’ Dr. Zahari) is a Malaysian actor, director, screenplay writer and former model born on 5th May 1981 in Alor Star, Kedah, Malaysia. He was guided by in acting by known actor; Ahmad Yatim which has given him an edge as a method actor.
In 2010 he graduated from Universiti Teknologi MARA with Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) in Performing Arts.
Farid Kamil Career
Farid Kamil began his career as a model in 1999 to support his tuition fee – some of the companies he worked for during this early period were Dunhill, Pringles and TM Net.
In 2000 Farid Kamil was discovered by Abdul Razak Mohaideen, a very popular director during that time, and was cast as a minor character in his film ‘Mistik’. His performance attracted the attention of local directors and film makers and in 2013 he was cast alongside Erra Fazira in Cinta Kolestrol, playing her younger brother.
By 2004, Kamil’s popularity soared. He continued to appear not only in films alongside prominent names such as Erra Fazira in Hingga Hujung Nyawa and Kuliah Cinta in a supporting role and a leading man debut in a thriller movie titled Tujuh Perhentian . In the same year, Farid Kamil also appeared alongside Datuk Siti Nurhaliza for a Hotlink advertisement campaign. The campaign itself helped Kamil to be recognised as well as becoming a fan favourite.
Farid Kamil starred mainly in Abdul Razak’s movies until 2006, where Kamil joined forces with a different director; Ahmad Idham in his movie Remp- It not only as the lead actor, but also the screenwriter, at the behest of the producer.
In 2008 he appeared in Osman Ali’s Anak Halal, which is one of his most challenging roles. His appearance in the movie as well as in Mamat Khalid’s Kala Malam Bulan Mengambang made him one of the most sought actors during that time.
In 2008 Farid Kamil was nominated for Best Actor for his portrayal in Anak Halal and best supporting actor for his role in Kala Malam Bulan Mengambang in the 21st Malaysia Film Festival.
In 2010, Farid Kamil was entrusted to direct the third and final movie in the Remp-It series. However, the movie snowballed bad publicity due to perceptions that it had glorified mat rempit culture which was very prevalent in TV dramas and movies at that time, much to the Government’s chagrin. The movie was subsequently retitled V3-Samseng Jalanan.
Farid Kamil Family
He is the eldest son of Dato’ Dr. Zahari Che and Datin Sharifah Bardah Syed Abdillah. He has four siblings Fadzil Zahari, also an actor, Anis Anwar, Azman Aizuddin and Nurnadiah.
Farid Kamil Wife and Children
On 3rd November 2012 Farid Kamil married Diana Danielle, a Malysian actress, and they have two children together Muhammad bin Farid Kamil and Nur Aurora binti Farid Kamil.
Farid Kamil Movies/ Drama
- 2003: Mistik as Jeffrey
- 2003: Cinta Kolesterol as Saiful
- 2004: Kuliah Cinta as Amirul
- 2004: 7 Perhentian as Amir
- 2004: Tangkai Jering as Amirul
- 2005: Potret Mistik as Zack
- 2005: Cinta Fotokopi as Zahid
- 2005: Anak Mami Kembali as Farid
- 2006: Remp-It as Madi
- 2006: Main-Main Cinta
- 2007: Chermin as Yusof
- 2007: Anak Halal as Indra Putera Hisham
- 2008: Kala Malam Bulan Mengambang as Jongkidin
- 2008: Evolusi KL Drift as Sham
- 2008: Apa Kata Hati as Aidil Fitri
- 2008: I’m Not Single as Adam
- 2009: Papadom as Hisham Hashim
- 2009: Lembing Awang Pulang Ke Dayang as Awang
- 2009: Duhai Si Pari-parin as Sports car Owners
- 2010: V3 Samseng Jalanan as Ahmad Asrudy@Rudy
- 2010: Evolusi KL Drift 2 as Sham
- 2010: Semerah Cinta Stilleto as Sulaiman Toyol aka Leman Toyol aka Leto Ahmad
- 2010: Lagenda Budak Setan as Kasyah
- 2010: Cuti-Cuti Cinta as Omar Rudy
- 2010: Estet as Farid
- 2010: Aku Masih Dara as Zachery
- 2011: Kongsi as ASP Khamis
- 2011: 3,2,1 Cinta as Nazril
- 2012: 3 Temujanji as Farid
- 2012: Hantu Gangster as Ewan
- 2012: PE3 as Megat
- 2012: Lagenda Budak Setan 2: Katerina as Kasyah
- 2013: Dampak as Giran
- 2013: Bencinta as Faizal
- 2014: Apokalips X as X
- 2014: Pengantin Malam as Razif
- 2014: Anak Jantan as Darin
- 2014: Kaki Kitai as Detective Inspector Farid
- 2014: Lagenda Budak Setan 3: Kasyah as Kasyah
- 2015: Love Supermoon as Razak
- 2015: Abang Lejen as Ajim
- 2015: Hantu Bungkus Ikat Tepi as Farid
- 2016: Langit Cinta as Budiman
- 2017: J Revolusi as Andra
- 2017: Tombiruo: Penunggu Rimba as Amiruddin
- 2017: Pinjamkan Hatiku as Dr. Hasnan
- 2009: Mata Di Jiwa as Jeffrey
- 2011: 7 Lagu as Farhan
- 2012: Apa Dah Jadi?
- 2014: Misteri Bulan Madu as Farid
- 2014: Sayang Awak Sangat-sangat as Iman
- 2014: Kem Cuci Tangan (Kecut) as Joe
- 2014: Tolong Aku Nak Puasa! as Amir
- 2016: Sedikit Waktu as Farid
- 2017: Syukur Syawal as Syukur
Farid Kamil TV Shows
- 2001: Fakulti
- 2004: Begitulah Cinta
- 2008: Takdir Yang Terindah
- 2008: Enigma
- 2009: Tiga Janda
- 2009: Cinta Tikar Sejadah
- 2009: Mertua vs Menantu session 2
- 2010: Lagenda Budak Setan – The Series as Kasyah
- 2010: Lu’lu
- 2010: Korban 44 as Bah Raden
- 2011: Wasiat as Izran
- 2013: Jodoh Itu Milik Kita as Aariz Danial
- 2016: Qanun 99 as Khalil
- 2018: Lafazkan Kalimah Cintamu as Tengku Ryan Ameer
Farid Kamil Instagram
Farid Kamil News
Popular actor Datuk Farid Kamil, who was recently embroiled in a drug and assault controversy, confessed that he had currently hit the lowest point in his life.
“My world has certainly changed for the worst due to a series of unfortunate factors,” he said during a Press conference in Setia Alam here, yesterday.
He admitted that his credibility and name as an actor, celebrity and member of society was tarnished by the various challenges that he had to endure in the past couple of months.
“I’m at the lowest point in my life. Photos (of him being remanded in a police lockup) that were distributed online were very embarrassing. Especially when I have a wife and kids. I really regret that all of these had to happen, now that I’m a family man,” said the 36-year-old father of two young children.
Despite all that had taken place, Farid added that he felt extremely thankful and blessed that his wife, actress Datin Diana Danielle, and his family had been very supportive throughout his ordeal.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
When asked about the status of the Datukship award he received from the Sultan of Pahang last December, Farid said: “I’m aware that certain quarters have criticised me on the matter but I hope the public will not speculate any further.
He added that he was very grateful and honoured to be bestowed with the title.
“As for myself, I have yet to receive any official feedback on the status of the Datukship that was awarded to me or the possibility of it being revoked,” he said.
In January, the Regent of Pahang Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah was reported to have expressed his regret with certain individuals and artistes with titles who had fallen on the wrong side of the law.
During the Press conference, Farid, who was accompanied by his three lawyers, also revealed that he was considering taking legal action against a production company after alleging that his leg was injured during the filming of a drama series.
The actor said that he could not wear trousers for 10 days due to the injuries he sustained at the time.
Photocopies of his affected leg which was covered in small cuts and scabs were displayed as he explained his affliction, which was allegedly caused by the use of dirty water during a scene.
The J Revolusi and Tombiruo: Penunggu Rimba star also claimed that the production company did not provide any safety gear or protective attire during the shooting of certain action sequences.
His lawyer, Faizul Mohd Nasir, said: “As an actor, his physical appearance, which includes his body and face, and health as well, are all very important assets that enable him to earn a living.”
“That said, Farid was very professional in his conduct and carried out his responsibilities well.”
“We have served a notice to the production company and hopefully we’ll be able to discuss the matter soon. I would welcome a decision to resolve this matter outside of court if that is what they wish to do,” said Faizul.
Source: nst.com (March 2018)