Kaye Cal Biography, Music, Family and Awards
Kaye Cal is the lead vocalist of the Filipino group Ezra Band. The group gained fame appearing on Pilipinas Got Talent. She is also a successful solo musician and released her self-titled debut solo album in 2017.
Kaye Cal Early Life
Ezra Band, formed out of her hometown, Davao Del Sur, made their debut in the 2010 album Pinoy You Got It.
Kaye Cal Career
She has her own self-titled YouTube channel where she has earned more than 140,000 subscribers by posting acoustic covers of popular songs.
Kaye Cal Personal Life
Her birth name is Karen Jade Cal. She hails from Davao Del Sur.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Kaye Cal Music
She has met and worked alongside other fellow Filipino singers like Kyle Echarri.
Things To Know About Kaye Cal
- Kaye’s full name is Karen Jade Cal, and her hometown is Davao Del Sur. Her bandmates, as well, were from the same province.
- Her unique, soulful voice was one of the major factors of Ezra Band’s entry to the Pilipinas Got Talent competition. The judges commended the striking performances of her and the rest of the band.
- Kaye Cal, along with the Ezra Band, was included in the PGT album “Pinoy You Got It” released in 2010 under Star Records and Sony Music.
- Ezra Band has been in hiatus for a few years now. However, Kaye Cal remains active in her solo music career.
- She regularly uploads her own covers of popular songs in her Youtube channel. Her cover of Up Dharma Down’s “Tadhana” has over half a million views.
- Recently, Kaye released her single “Isang Araw”, which is included in Star Music’s OPM Fresh album featuring other budding singers of today’s generation.
- Kaye performed “Isang Araw” during her guesting on the Roadshow. Apart from this, she also sang Ezra Band’s popular 2010 hit, “Walang Iba,” and her rendition of the songs “Sweat” and “Missing You.”
An important update on Kaye Cal you should not miss is her nominations in the Wish 107.5 Music Awards. Her “Isang Araw” single has been nominated as Best WISHclusive Performance by a Female Artist, Wish Ballad Song, and Wish Original Song. Vote for her here. Polling period ends on 12 noon on the same day of the WMA on January 26, 2016 at the SMART Araneta Coliseum.