KC Concepcion Biography, Music, Family, Net Worth and Awards
Maria Kristina Cassandra “KC” Cuneta Concepcion (born April 7, 1985) is a Filipino actress and singer. KC Concepcion is also a National Ambassador Against Hunger of the United Nations’ World Food Programme.
KC Concepcion Personal life
KC Concepcion is the daughter of singer-actress Sharon Cuneta and actor Gabby Concepcion, and the adopted daughter of Senator Francis Pangilinan following her mother’s marriage to him. She reconnected with her father after thirteen years since her parents’ annulment and his immigration to the United States in 1995.
KC Concepcion graduated grade school at Saint Pedro Poveda College in Mandaluyong. In 2003, she graduated from the International School Manila, and in 2007, graduated with a bachelor’s degree in International Corporate Communications with a minor in Theatre Arts from the American University of Paris.
KC Concepcion Career
KC Concepcion made several guest appearances in her mother’s concerts and television shows. In 2003, she became a product endorser both on television and in print ads. She also became an MTV Asia VJ.
On the April 11, 2010 episode of The Buzz, it was announced that Concepción had been chosen to be the replacement co-host after Ruffa Gutierrez’s departure.
In her 2010 studio album titled KC, she sang “Girl Most Likely To” by Skye Sweetnam from the soundtrack of Mattel’s 2006 film The Barbie Diaries.
In 2010, KC Concepcion joined Star Magic, but after a year, she left Star Magic and joined Viva Artists Agency, a talent management of Viva Entertainment, where her mother Sharon Cuneta came from.
In 2008, KC Concepcion give a first and debut movie in first Star Cinema movie directed by demand Bb. Joyce E. Bernal of her biggest showbiz career with Kapuso Leading Man Richard Gutierrez.
After that she given again a movie under GMA Films and Regal Entertainment reunion with Richard Gutierrez
In 2009, she starred opposite Piolo Pascual and Zanjoe Marudo, in the Philippine remake of her first primetime drama series Lovers in Paris as a kapamilya.
In 2010, she returned to do a film with Star Cinema with her first movie with her father Gabby Concepcion for Father’s Day, I’ll Be There (2010 film) directed by Maryo J. de los Reyes
In 2011, she made another film with Star Cinema, a romantic, drama film Forever and a Day (2011 film) starring Sam Milby, and Rayver Cruz. And directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina.
In 2012, KC Concepcion was chosen as the Host of The X Factor Philippines along with Gary Valenciano, Charice, Martin Nievera, and Pilita Corrales.
In 2013, she starred in her first lead antagonist role in Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala, a short-lived drama series made acclaimed for Judy Ann Santos and Sam Milby. She was busy to do an action drama movie Boy Golden: Shoot to Kill, the Arturo Porcuna Story opposite ER Ejercito the entry for the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival this marks as her 1st Metro Manila Film Festival entry season.
In 2014, she starred a lead role as Natalia in the second season of the period drama series Ikaw Lamang, starring Coco Martin and Kim Chiu.
In 2015, she returned and starred a lead role as Anna in Christmas Special Series of ABS-CBN, Give Love on Christmas with Paulo Avelino.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
In 2016, she returned as the host in Binibining Pilipinas 2016 along with co-host and actor Xian Lim. She was also the host of Binibining Pilipinas 2011 five years ago with co-host and actor Derek Ramsay.
KC Concepcion took a step back from showbiz for a while to focus as being the Ambassador of World Food Programme for Hunger and made a online shop website KC’s Closet and reached 1,000,000 pesos and being donated in Public School in Maguindanao.
And in 2017, she will return again and handpicked as the Host of Binibining Pilipinas 2017 this coming April. But a week after, she announced on her Twitter account that she will not return as the Host, and she was replaced by Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach.
KC Concepcion Music
2008-2009: a.k.a Cassandra
In 2008, KC Concepción released her first studio album on July 15, 2008 entitled “a.k.a Cassandra”, on the Sony BMG Philippines label, which ranked number 1 based on total album sales in all Odyssey Record Bar branches nationwide. In fact, 1,102 copies of the album were sold in all Odyssey branches alone.
KC Concepción made Philippine music history with her lead single “Imposible” during that year. KC has the most number of music downloads in the Philippines in the same year, which marked 1 million downloads online. KC Concepción thought that she would just perform her newest single, “Doo Be Doo”, on the noontime TV show Wowowee on ABS-CBN Channel 2 on November 15, 2008. However, she was surprised when she was given a Platinum Record Award for her album “a.k.a. Cassandra”.
In, 2010 KC released her Second Studio Album entitled KC, KC ranked number 3 based on OPM charts, in Astrovision Stores the album KC reached number 1. KC was launched on ASAP XV. KC was released on March 24, 2010, under the Sony Music label. she also set KC Mall Tour to promote KC album.
KC Concepcion Acting
- 2003, The Little Mermaid
- 2005, Beauty and the Beast
- 2008, Katy, the Musical Concert
KC Concepcion Endorsements
List of TV commercials endorser
- Globe Telecom (2006-2008)
- Century Tuna
KC Concepcion Discography
a.k.a Cassandra (2008)
KC Concepcion Soundtrack
- For the First Time (2008)
- When I Met You (2009)
- Forever and a Day (2011)
10 Things to Know About KC Concepcion
- KC Concepcion used to pick fights with her parents’ partners. “Ang dali-dali kong awayin ‘yung mga girlfriend ni Papa dati [pati] ‘yung mga boyfriend ni Mama dati pero I don’t think meron akong nabastos kasi strict ‘yung Mommy ko sa part na ‘yun. Lagi niya ‘kong pinagsasabihan and in-e-explain niya na, ‘Hindi na kami magkakabalikan. It has nothing to do with you but let’s respect their lives. And those women are probably taking care of him so they love your papa the same way that you love him.’ So if only for that, naka-relate pa ko sa women na, ‘Ah kakampi kita kasi love mo rin si Papa.’”
- Sharing her parents’ reunion with the public was her “biggest fear of the year apart from being on The Buzz.” After years of silence between her annulled parents, the two together with KC will be seen talking and joking around on the June 13 episode of Sharon. KC Concepcion and Gabby are Sharon’s guests promoting their first movie together, I’ll Be There. “I really believe there’s a purpose why we all met again and we’re here on a show. ‘Cause at the end of the day, I only had a show and I waited all my life for it to happen. It’s kind of a sad thing that it ended in a day. It’s just a couple of hours on a show. Everyone’s going to see it as entertainment but from a natural point of view, it was also a reunion. It was also a way for us to resolve things and be at peace finally, officially.”
- Sharon gave KC Concepcion the silent treatment before the guesting. Well, it was just the guesting itself they didn’t talk about. “It was very professional, actually. Walang nag-te-textan na, hala, anong mangyayari. We knew naman that the episode would be so real and personal. We didn’t want to pre-empt the moment,” KC says.
- KC Concepcion wants to be Kris Aquino’s personal assistant (PA). Adventurous girl that she is, KC wants to know how hard a PA’s life is. She chose the dubbed Queen of All Media Kris Aquino “because she’s interesting. I think she has a very colorful life. I think she’ll have colorful demands.”
- Surprise visits, not text messages, are the way to KC’s heart. KC Concepcion admits she has no time for a love life but she appreciates “the chosen few” who visit her on set. “Ang sarap lang na you know you don’t have to lift a finger because if they really want to see you, they’ll see you. Hindi ko nga masyado na-che-check ang telepono kasi matutulog nalang ako kaysa naman mapagod pa ang mata ko sa pag-te-text di ba? So ‘pag biglang sumusulpot, alam mong nag-research siya, nagtanong sa PA, manager or staff. Mas masarap ‘yung ‘pag hindi ikaw ‘yung nagsabi kung nasaan ka at kung hindi ikaw yung humihingi.”
- KC Concepcion wants to get married in five years. “[My mom] has been pushing me to get married since I was born. [But I’d like to get married] maybe my late twenties, like 29. And a half. Or maybe 30… I’ve always wanted to be a young mom but I changed my mind. There’s so much I can still do.”
- K is for keloidal. “We are keloidal. Eh ako pa naman ma-motor, ma-jet ski. Ice skating pa lang, nagkakasugat na talaga ako. I have a really long scar on my knee from a motorbike accident. It’s been there for 11 years and it gets really red. It’s really gross. Nagke-keloid. Namamaga siya.”
- The LRT reminds her of Paris. Not because the LRT evokes romantic feelings like the City of Lights is known for but because it reminds her of her student days in Paris when she rode public trains. For Simply KC, she rode the whole length of the LRT Line 1 from Baclaran to Monumento. “That was a favorite [episode].”
- KC Concepcion eats dried seaweed for protein and cayenne pepper for energy. An Eastern medicine doctor coaches her on healthy eating and advises her to take cayenne pepper instead of energy pills. She shares the benefits and the art of eating dried seaweed: “Protein-wise, it gives you as much protein as beef. Basta you have to wash it three times kasi ‘pag once lang, lasang tubig dagat. It becomes like seaweed salad. I eat it with tuna siomai that I get from a Japanese store.”
- KC Concepcion has “come full circle.” She says, “I started out doing commercials, musical theater, singing, acting and dancing all at the same time when I was 16. Now that I’m doing talk shows, this is the most me that I can get. So if you ask me how I’ve changed, I’ve really become more open and I allow myself to feel things.”