Nadeem Shravan Biography, Music, Family, Net Worth, Awards And More!
Nadeem Shravan (sometimes credited as Nadeem Shravan) are a music director duo in the Bollywood film industry of India. The duo derives its name from the first names of its two principals, Nadeem Akhtar Saifi (b. 6 August 1954) and Shravan Kumar Rathod (b. 13 November 1954). They were accused of plagiarism of at least 49 songs from Pakistani Film songs. Most of them were copied from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and M. Ashraf. They, followed by Anu Malik, pioneered the art of plagiarism in India.
Nadeem Shravan’s Music Career
The association of Nadeem Saifi Ashfaq and Shravan dates back to
1973 when they met each other at a function. Their first film assignment was Dangal, a Bhojpuri movie in 1973 (released in 1975). Their first Hindi movie assignment was Maine Jeena Seekh Liya in 1981 sung by Amit kumar.
In 1989, their three big movies were released: Ilaaka, Hisaab Khoon Ka and Lashkar. In 1985, the duo composed music for a commercial project called Star Ten. Ten Hindi actors (Mithun, Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor, Sachin, Danny, Vijendra, Sulakshana Pandit, etc.) sang some songs with lyrics by Anwar Saagar.
Nadeem Shravan’s Rise to Fame
Aashiqui (1990) brought Nadeem- Ashfaq–Shravan into the limelight. Gulshan Kumar gave them the break . Their success continued with Saajan, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, Sadak, Sainik, Raja, Dilwale, Raja Hindustani and Phool Aur Kaante. Whether it was “Chehra Kya Dekhte Ho” (Salaami), “Adayein Bhi Hain” (Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin) “Sochenge Tumhe Pyar” (Deewana), “Tujhe Na Dekhu Toh Chain” (Rang), they all had the distinct stamp of Nadeem Ashfaq Shravan.
They have composed all kinds of music, be it fast-track, sentimental or dance numbers. But their forte was always melody. Most of their compositions were inspired from old time ghazals, westerns and other charts.
When Pardes soundtrack was released, the tracks had different varieties of songs; songs (“I Love My India” and “Meri Mehbooba”), love songs (“Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain”) and qawwali (“Nahin Hona Tha)” pop (“My first day in America”), pain (“Ye Dil Deewana”). Planet Bollywood started the review by saying, “The music for Pardes is Nadeem-Shravan’s best ever.”
They have worked with lyricists like Anand Bakshi, Faaiz Anwar, Hasrat Jaipuri, Rani Malik and many others. When they arrived on the music scene, Laxmikant-Pyarelal and Anand Milind were at the top. But subsequently their hard worked paid and they gave various hits in a row.
Their songs often contain Jhankaar, Conga, Bongos, Electronic drum fusion beats. They have insisted on sticking to lyricist Sameer and male singers Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan and female singer Alka Yagnik for most of their compositions.
Aashiqui has been rated the 4th best soundtrack ever by Planet Bollywood on their “100 Greatest Bollywood Soundtracks”. Others soundtrack by them include Saajan (16), Sadak (51), Raja Hindustani (56), Dhadkan (73), Deewana (79).
After being inactive for sometime, Nadeem–Shravan made a comeback of sorts with films like Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa, Ek Rishta, Kasoor, Hum Ho Gaye Aapke, Raaz, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Qayamat, Hungama, Andaaz, Bewafaa, Tumsa Nahi Dekha, Barsaat, Dosti and Do Knot Disturb.
Nadeem remained in the UK and despite the distance between England and India, he and Shravan continued to make music together. But they later split after Dosti.
Nadeem Shravan In Gulshan Kumar Murder
Gulshan Kumar, the Owner of T-Series, was shot dead outside the Jeeteshwar Mahadev Mandir, a Hindu mandir dedicated to Lord Shiva of which he attended daily in Jeet Nagar, Andheri West suburb of Mumbai, on 12 August 1997. The police accused Nadeem Saifee of having paid for the murder due to a personal dispute and fled the country after the murder.
According to the police, Nadeem hatched the conspiracy in Dubai in May with Anees Ibrahim Kaskar, the brother of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar and Dawood’s associates Abu Salem and Kayyum.
Crime branch sources said Nadeem has been out of Bombay since Gulshan Kumar died. During the interrogation of the arrested gangsters, the police reportedly learnt that Nadeem had organised a “secret” music function in June for Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar in Dubai. Many wellknown Bollywood personalities, the police claim, were present.
Nadeem Shravan’s Split
In 2005, the duo split. Dosti was their last movie together. Nadeem started his own perfume and bag company and was also involved in solo compositions. Shravan was uninterested in continuing with his music, and instead focused on the music careers of his sons (Sanjeev–Darshan) and movie production. Another reason cited is probably the growing distance between the two.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
In an interview, Nadeem stated that there wasn’t any conflict between him and Shravan. In late 2013 it was announced that the duo would work together again on the sequel of Deewana but they later split due to personal conflicts again as a result of which Nadeem decided to return as a solo composer for Ishq Forever in 2015.
Comeback of Nadeem Saifee without his Partner Shravan Rathod
In 2016, Nadeem Saifi-Akhtar made his comeback with lyricist Sameer (lyricist) in the film Ishq Forever. He has split with his partner Shravan and worked on the film as a solo composer. The film features ten songs.. In the year 2017 to continue his musical carrier in the film Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha as a solo composer and film is produced and directed by Suneel Darshan.
Nadeem Shravan’s Awards
Nadeem- Ashfaq–Shravan have won several awards during their music career.
- 1991 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Aashiqui
- 1992 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Saajan
- 1993 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Deewana
- 1996 – Special Award London (UK) For Movie Raja – Raja
- 1997 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Raja Hindustani
- 1997 – Star Screen Best Music Director Award – Raja Hindustani
- 1998 – Star Screen Best Music Director Award – Pardes
- 2003 – Zee Cine Best Music Director – Raaz
Nadeem Shravan’s Nominations
- 1992 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Phool Aur Kaante
- 1994 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke
- 1996 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Raja
- 1998 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Pardes
- 2001 – Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Dhadkan
- 2001– Star Screen Best Music Director Award – Dhadkan
- 2001– IIFA Best Music Director – Dhadkan
- 2003– Filmfare Best Music Director Award – Raaz
- 2004– Zee Cine Best Music Director – Andaaz