Zizan Razak Biography
Zizan Razak (Mohammad Razizan Abdul Razak) is a Malaysian comedian, television host, actor and singer born on 15th April 1984 in Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia. In 2007 he won the second position in the first season of Raja Lawak.
Zizan Razak Career
When Zizan Razak completed his secondary education he enrolled for a culinary arts course. His first job was working in a hotel kitchen where he earned RM600 a month.
Zizan Razak auditioned to be in a singing talent competition ‘Akademi Fantasia’ but he didn’t get through.
“I went for the audition in Kuala Terengganu. I made it through several stages. Finally, they gave me a piece of paper and asked me to wait for the producers to call.”
Zizan said he was hopeful for a call back. Three months later, he saw an episode of Akademi Fantasia on television and realised that he was never going to be on the show.
“Actually, my plan was to audition and meet a few friends to form a group like KRU. Except, we’d have more members and call ourselves FRU (Federal Reserve Unit),” Zizan deadpanned, perhaps hinting that he has gotten over the disappointment.
Zizan Razak had enrolled in a theatre workshop for some exposure in performing arts. After the failed Akademi Fantasia audition, his focus shifted towards the thriving oil and gas industry in Dungun.
“I was in the midst of signing up for an engineering course when I received a phone call from Astro. They said I was not meant for Akademi Fantasia and told me to audition for Raja Lawak instead.”
In 2007 Zizan Razak was a contestant on the first season of Raja Lawak in 2007.
According to Zizan Razak, the critics were not impressed with his earlier material. This led him to believe that the audience was not ready for his style of self-deprecating humour.
“I assumed that if the judges didn’t like my material, then the audience must have hated it too. I was really demotivated.”
Then one night, while dining at the mamak, something changed his outlook. He watched an episode of Raja Lawak on television and saw the results of votes from home viewers. To Zizan’s surprise, he was in the lead. He eventually won second place.
Zizan Razak was also a participant in Maharaja Lawak (Emperor of Comedy), which was a second series of competitions for the finalists of each season of Raja Lawak. In the show, he was paired (as a team) with Johan Raja Lawak. They were known as “Jozan”. They came first in the series. Zizan also won the reality show Super Spontan Superstar twice.
Zizan Razak also scored several lucrative hosting gigs for TV shows like Melodi and Akademi Fantasia as well as live events like Anugerah Industri Muzik. When he’s not acting or hosting, Zizan can be heard on the airwaves with pop-rap singles such as Bawaku Pergi, Infiniti Cinta and Cobaan.
Zizan Razak Movies and TV Shows
- 2009: Duhai Si Pari-Pari as Penyamun
- 2010: Lu Pikirlah Sendiri De Movie as Himself
- 2010: Kapoww!! at Atoi
- 2011: KL Gangster as Fadil
- 2011: Hantu Bonceng as Amran
- 2012: Cinta Kura Kura as Nico
- 2012: Jangan Pandang-Pandang as Ajis
- 2012: Uncle Usin as Spy 13
- 2012: Jalan Kembali: Bohsia 2 as Ejan
- 2012: Mael Lambong as Mael Lambong
- 2012: Baik Giler!! as Afiq
- 2012: Hantu Kapcai as Ajib
- 2012: Untuk Tiga Hari
- 2012: Ghost Buddies
- 2013: KL Gangster 2 as Fadil
- 2013: KL Zombi as Nipis
- 2013: Tokan as Mat Lobe
- 2013: Bikers Kental as Bidin Al-Zaifa
- 2014: Abang Long Fadil as Fadil
- 2015: Werewolf Dari Bangladesh as Pilun
- 2015: Cicak Man 3 as Man/Cicak Man
- 2015: Polis Evo as Inspector Sani
- 2015: Rembat as MR Baby
- 2017: Abang Long Fadil 2 as Fadil
- 2008: Joe & Farida
- 2009: Geng Raya Zizan as Himself
- 2010: Nak Balik Raya
- 2010: Odisi Raya MJ
- 2011: Drogba & Rooney as Rooney
- 2012: Usin Bunga
- 2013: Karlos Bolos
- 2013: Nama Aku Beng as Beng
- 2013: Oh My English!: Oh My Ganu!
- 2014: Hantu Selfie as Saleh
- 2015: Hantu Wefie as Saleh
- 2015: Strawberi & Karipap Hello Gold Coast
- 2016: Oh My English!: Oh My Ganu! 2
- 2016: Angin Cinta
- 2017: Jula Juli Bintang Cinta as Dani
- 2017: Jula Juli Bintang Putus Cinta as Dani
- 2017: Baby Bro as Sham
- 2010: Chapalrela as Anjang Merah.
- 2018: Misteri Maria as Ilham
Zizan Razak Television Hosts
- 2008 – 09: Bolos as Host
- 2009 – 11: Jozan Show as Host with Johan
- 2009: Funniest Pets & Peoples as Host
- 2010 – 14: Melodi as Host with Dira Abu Zahar (2010 – 2012) Awal Ashaari (2012 – 2017)
- 2011: Zizan Show as Host
- 2011: Konsert Lawak as Guest with Johan
- 2011: Ketuk Ketuk Ramadhan 11 as Guest
- 2013: Akademi Fantasia 2013 as Host with Hanis Zalikha
- 2014: Akademi Fantasia 2014 as Host with Faizal Ismail
- 2015: Akademi Fantasia 2015 as Host with Faizal Ismail
- 2015: Anugerah Industri Muzik ke-21 as Host with Faizal Ismail
- 2015: Ketuk Ketuk Ramadhan 15 as Guest
- 2016: Akademi Fantasia 2016 as Host with Alif Satar
- 2017: Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian
- 2017 Festival Filem Malaysia Ke-29 as Host with Siti Elizad
Zizan Razak Songs
- 2017: Baby Bro
- 2013: Bawaku Pergi
- 2017: Chentaku
- 2014: Infiniti Cinta
- 2017: Kaki Licik
- 2018: Kita OK
- 2014: Adiwira
Zizan Razak Girlfriend
Zizan Razak was once rumoured to be dating actress Juliana Evans with whom he co starred in two films: Hantu Bonceng and Mael Lambong.
He was also dating actress Emma Maembong and were rumoured to live together although he rubbished the rumours.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Zizan Razak said he was surprised with a portal which quoted his neighbour as saying that he and Emma were co-habitating.
“I know my neighbour and we are friendly. I don’t think my neighbour would do such a thing. I admit that Emma has come to my house but this happens only when my mother and brother are around. It is impossible for her to come by when no one is around. We do no such thing (live together) because the public knows us,” he said.
In 2015 Emma broke up with him after two-year relationship. It was rumored that the breakup was attributed to Zizan’s close relationship with another woman.
Zizan Razak Twitter
Terfikir suatu hari saya akan ada anak. Ya sure saya nak jadi ayah yang terbaik buat anak saya. Saya nak anak saya jadi anak yang terbaik buat saya. Jadi apa persiapan saya. Saya usaha… https://t.co/Ea0QNPa9AW
— zizan razak (@zizanrajalawak) July 12, 2018
Zizan Razak Instagram
Zizan Razak News
Zizan Razak denies distancing himself as a comedian
Comedian, actor and host Zizan Razak has denied that he is disinterested in continuing his career as a comedian, in fact, he says that he wants to expand his comedic scope even more so.
“I am still the same Zizan, it’s just that I would want to improve myself and do something different and yet still maintain the comedy element.”
“Even via my acting I still do make jokes despite my role not being a comedic one, and to improvise with the genre is really important,” he was quoted as saying to mStar.
This was successfully portrayed by Zizan via his film, Polis Evo where he had ventured out of his comfort zone by delivering a different brand of comedy.
The 32-year-old also said that it is important to continue making improvements as this will help him stay relevant in the industry where there are many new comedians being introduced.
Zizan however says that this does not faze him as the talented newcomers are a positive thing for the industry.
He also expressed that he is thankful that his presence in the acting and comedy world is still high in demand from producers and directors, thus giving him the encouragement he needs to keep delivering his best.
Source: malaymail.com (July 2016)