Bob Uecker Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Bob Uecker Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Bob Uecker
- 3 Bob Uecker Age
- 4 Bob Uecker Height
- 5 Bob Uecker Education
- 6 Bob Uecker Family
- 7 Bob Uecker Wife
- 8 Bob Uecker Salary
- 9 Bob Uecker Net Worth
- 10 Bob Uecker Measurements and Facts
- 11 Bob Uecker Major League
- 12 Bob Uecker Health issues
- 13 Bob Uecker Miller Lite
- 14 Bob Uecker Front Row
- 15 Bob Uecker Hall of Famer
- 16 Bob Uecker Commercial
- 17 Bob Uecker Quotes
- 18 Bob Uecker TV Show
- 19 Frequently Asked Questions About Bob Uecker
- 20 Bob Uecker Contacts
- 21 Related Biographies.
Bob Uecker is an American former Major League Baseball (MLB) player who was born and brought up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as Robert George Uecker. He now serves sportscaster, comedian, and actor who was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as
Facetiously dubbed “Mr. Baseball” by TV talk show host Johnny Carson, Uecker has served as a play-by-play announcer for Milwaukee Brewers radio broadcasts since the year 1971. He was honored by the National Baseball Hall of Fame with its 2003 Ford C. Frick Award in recognition of his broadcasting career.
10 Quick Facts About Bob Uecker
- Name: Robert George Uecker
- Age: 88 years old
- Birthday: 26 January
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Sportscaster, comedian, and actor Former Major League Baseball (MLB) player
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Salary: $2 Million dollars
- Net worth: $10 million dollars as of 2022
Bob Uecker Age
Uecker is 88 years old as of 2022, he was born on 26 January 1934 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He celebrates his birthday on January 26 every year, and his birth sign is Aquarius.
Bob Uecker Height
Uecker stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch.
Bob Uecker Education
Uecker studied at Bradley Tech High School.
Bob Uecker Family
Uecker was born and raised by his parents August Uecker (father) and his Mary Schultz(mother) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He grew up watching the minor-league Milwaukee Brewers at Borchert Field. He has three siblings, Steve Uecker, Sue Ann Uecker and Leann Uecker.
Bob Uecker Wife
Uecker was married to Joyce Uecker. The couple got married in 1956 and divorced later in 1975. Then he married Judy Uecker from 1976 to 2001.
Bob Uecker Salary
Uecker receives an estimated salary of $2 Million dollars. He currently works as a play-by-play announcer for Milwaukee Brewers radio broadcasts since 1971. In recognition of his broadcasting career, he was honored by the122 National Baseball Hall of Fame with Ford C. Frick Award in the year 2003.
Bob Uecker Net Worth
Uecker has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a former Major League Baseball (MLB) player and current sportscaster, comedian, and actor.
Through his various sources of income, Bob has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Bob Uecker Measurements and Facts
Bob Uecker Wiki
- Full Names: Robert George Uecker
- Popular As: Former Major League Baseball (MLB)
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Former Major League Baseball (MLB) player and current sportscaster, comedian, and actor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: To be updated
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Bob Uecker Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 88 years old as of 2022
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Date of Birth: 26 January 1934
- Place of Birth: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Birthday: January 26
Bob Uecker Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 1 inch
- Weight: 86 kg
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Bob Uecker Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): August Uecker
- Mother: Mary Schultz
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Steve Uecker, Sue Ann Uecker and Leann Uecker
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Judy Uecker (m. 1976–2001), Joyce Uecker (m. 1956–1975)
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Steve, Bob Jr.) Daughter(s) (Sue Ann, Leann)
Bob Uecker Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $10 million dollars as of 2022
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Major League Baseball (MLB) player and current sportscaster, comedian, and actor
Bob Uecker Major League
Uecker also worked as the running commentator for televised games of Major League Baseball. In the 1970s, he served for the ABC’s Monday Night Baseball, while in the 1990s he served for NBCs. He starred in guest roles in a couple of more television sitcoms including ‘Who’s the Boss?’, ‘D.C. Follies’, and ‘LateLine’.
Furthermore, he made cameo appearances in films such as ‘O.C. and Stiggs’ and ‘Fatal Instinct’ as well as starred in the role of Harry Doyle, broadcaster of the Cleveland Indians in the Major League film trilogy. He made his presence felt in the world of books and by penning two books – an autobiography, ‘Catcher in the Wry’ and ‘Catch 222’.
Bob Uecker Health issues
Uecker reported that he was going to miss 10–12 weeks of the 2010 baseball season because of heart surgery on 27 April 2010. His aortic valve, as well as a portion of his aortic root, were successfully replaced four days later, and he returned to broadcasting for the Brewers on July 23.
The Brewers announced Uecker would again undergo heart surgery, this time to repair a tear at the site of his valve replacement on 14 October 2010.
Bob Uecker Miller Lite
Uecker also performed in a series of Miller Lite commercials starting in the 1980s. He received the role not because of his broadcasting history with the Brewers but because of his popular Miller Lite commercials.
Bob Uecker Front Row
Uecker pompously remarks, “I must be in the front row”, which became another of his catchphrases. The punch line was that Uecker’s seat was actually in the nosebleed section. Since then, the farthest seats from the action in some arenas and stadiums have been jokingly called “Uecker seats”.
Bob Uecker Hall of Famer
Perhaps the biggest highlight of Uecker’s career was when he hit a home run off future Hall of Famer Sandy Koufax, after which Uecker joked that he always thought that the home run would keep Koufax from getting into the Hall of Fame.
Bob Uecker Commercial
Uecker also appeared in a series of commercials for the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League in the mid-1990s, including one in which he re-designed the team’s uniforms to feature a garish plaid reminiscent of the loud sports coats synonymous with Uecker in the 1970s and 1980s.
In February 2006, the Admirals commemorated those commercials with a special event in which the players wore plaid jerseys during a game. The jerseys were then auctioned off to benefit charity.
Bob Uecker Quotes
- The way to catch a knuckleball is to wait until it stops rolling and then pick it up.
- I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture.
- In 1962, I was named Minor League Player of the Year. It was my second season in the bigs.
- Sporting goods companies pay me not to endorse their products.
- I had slumps that lasted into the winter.
- I set records that will never be equaled. In fact, I hope 90% of them don’t even get printed.
- Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker TV Show
- Mr. Belvedere – 1985 – 1990
- Sunday Afternoon Baseball – 1977 – 1987
- 1997 National League Championship Series
- 1996 American League Championship Series
- War of the Stars
Frequently Asked Questions About Bob Uecker
Bob Uecker enjoys a special place in the world of baseball. Starting off his career as a baseball player, he soon grew up to serve as a baseball commentator, television host, wrestling ringside announcer, comedian as well as a television and film actor.
Uecker is an American national born on 26 January 1934 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Uecker stands at a height of 1.85 m.
Yes, Uecker was married to Joyce Uecker. The couple got married in 1956 and divorced later in 1975. Then he married Judy Uecker from 1976 to 2001.
Uecker has an approximate net worth of $10 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the sports industry.
Uecker receives an estimated salary of $2 Million dollars.
Price is a resident of Toronto, Las Vegas, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Uecker is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Uecker is a former Major League Baseball (MLB) player and current sportscaster, comedian, and actor.
Bob Uecker Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Featured Sports Personalities
- Al Hrabosky
- Barry Larkin
- Bill Elliott
- Bob Uecker
- Brian Jordan
- Brittany Force
- Bryton Myler
- Buddy Stephens
- Caleb Pressley
- Charlie Manuel
- Charlie Villanueva
- Chase Elliott
- Chiney Ogwumike
- Chris Bumstead
- Chris Carpenter
- Colton Herta
- Cynthia Cooper
- David Castro
- David Dellucci
- David Rodriguez
- Devon Larratt
- Earl Campbell
- Eric Johnson Tight End
- George Gervin
- Hailey Ostrom
- Hailie Deegan
- Jacob Fatu
- Jason Taylor
- Jess Lockwood
- Jimmy Connors
- Johnny Newman
- Josh Bridges
- Justin Pugh
- Katelyn Runck
- Keith Hernandez
- Kevin Rooney
- Kirk Gibson
- Kiyan Carmelo Anthony
- Kristen Graham
- Lisa Leslie
- Mallory Pugh
- Mike Powell
- Mike Rashid
- Mike Schmidt
- Natalie Decker
- Nick Bollettieri
- Noah Gragson
- Rob Machado
- Roger Craig
- Ronnie Lott
- Sandy Koufax
- Scott Stallings
- Shirley Muldowney
- Simona Halep
- Stan Smith
- Tim Mccarver
- Tristyn Lee
- Tyrus Wrestler
- Vince Sant