Byron Katie Biography
Byron Katie born (Byron Kathleen Mitchell) is an American speaker and author. She initially illustrates a method of self-inquiry referred to as “The Work of Byron Katie” or commonly as “The Work.” Katie is the founder of Byron Katie International, an organization that includes The School for the Work and Turnaround House in Ojai, California.
10 Quick Facts About Byron Katie
- Name: Byron Katie
- Age: 80 Years Old
- Birthday: December 6th
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: Around 5 feet 6 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Inspirational speaker and author
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $1.5 MILLION
Byron Katie Age
Byron Katie is 80 years old as of 2022. She was born on December 6, 1942,Breckenridge, Texas. Katie celebrates her birthday on December 6 every year. Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
Byron Katie Height
Katie stands at an average height and has moderate weight. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Byron Katie Parents, Family, and Siblings
Katie was brought up in Barstow, California. Her father served as a train engineer. Further, Katie’s mother was mostly a housewife. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Katie’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Byron Katie First Husband
Katie was previously married when she was 19 years old. She was married to her high school sweetheart. In 1986, Katie was 43 with three children and unhappily married to her second husband. She experienced depression, agoraphobia, overeating, and addiction to codeine and alcohol.
Byron Katie Husband Stephen Mitchell
Moving on to her love life, Katie is currently married to Stephen Mitchell. Stephen is a writer and translator and they occasionally co-author.
Byron Katie Children
She is the proud mother of three children Roxann Burroughs, Ross Robinson, and another son whose name is undisclosed. Her Roos is a famous record producer. He has discovered acts such as Korn, At the Drive-In, Glassjaw, The Blood Brothers, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit.
Byron Katie Net Worth
Byron Katie has an estimated net worth of $1.5 MILLION as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an author and inspirational speaker. Through her various sources of income, Byron has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Byron Katie Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Byron.
Byron Katie Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Byron Kathleen Mitchell
- Popular As: initially illustrates a method of self-inquiry commonly known as “The Work.”
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Inspirational speaker and author
- Nationality: Author
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Byron Katie Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 80 years old (2022)
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Date of Birth: December 6, 1942
- Place of Birth: Breckenridge, Texas
- Birthday: December 6
Byron Katie Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Under review
- Weight: Under review
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Grey
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Byron Katie Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Name Not Known
- Mother: Name Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Stephen Mitchell
- First Husband: Name undisclosed
- Children: three children Roxann Burroughs, Ross Robinson, and another son whose name is undisclosed.
Byron Katie Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1.5 MILLION (2020)
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: As an inspirational speaker and author
Byron Katie The Work
The Work started on a February morning in 1986. Katie describes her process of self-inquiry as “The Work.” During the time Katie was suffering from depression, agoraphobia, and overeating. She became addicted to codeine and alcohol. She asked her insurance company for help but was referred to Hope House in Los Angeles, a women’s counseling center that has since closed.
Two weeks later, she reportedly underwent an epiphany in her thinking which created a way for her to challenge and lessen the harmful effects of long-held beliefs. She attributed the epiphany, which was later named “The Work”, to a consequent weight loss and other declines in bad habits.
She later founded Byron Katie International, an organization that includes The School for the Work and Turnaround House in Ojai, California.
Byron Katie 4 Questions
” The Work” is a way of recognizing and questioning any stressful thoughts. It consists of four questions and a turnaround.
The four questions include:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
- How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
The next step of The Work, the turnaround, is a way of experiencing the opposite of the believed thought. For example, the thought “My husband should listen to me,” can be turned around to “I should listen to my husband,” “I should listen to myself,” and “My husband shouldn’t listen to me.”
Then one finds specific examples of how each turnaround might be true.
Byron Katie Podcast
She also owns a podcast on Apple Podcast. The Work of Byron Katie has one job: to teach people how to end their own suffering. As she guides people through the powerful process of inquiry she calls The Work.
Byron Katie Books
- The Work of Byron Katie – 2004
- Loving what is – 2002
- I Need Your Love – Is That True? – 2005
- A Mind at Home with Itself: How Asking Four Questions Can Free Your Mind, Open Your Heart, and Turn Your World Around – 2017
- A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are – 2007
- The Four Questions: For Henny Penny and Anybody with Stressful Thoughts – 2016
- Who would you be without your story? – 2008
- Question Your Thinking, Change The World – 2007
- Tiger-Tiger, Is It True? – 2009
- Loving What Is Card Deck: 52 Meditations on Reality – 2011
- The End of Suffering – 2001
- A Friendly Universe: Sayings to Inspire and Challenge You – 2013
- A Mind at Home with Itself: Finding Freedom in a World of Suffering – 2017
- Peace in the Present Moment – 2010
- Inner Work – 2012
- Loving What Is: Meditation Cards – 2002
- Katie on Work and Money – 2006
- On Love, Sex, and Relationships – 2005
- Katie on Health, Sickness, and Death – 2006
- Katie’s “Katieisms” Inner Wisdom Cards – 2013
- Katie on Parents and Children – 2006
- The Work on Relationships – 2002
- My Mother Is… – 2004
- The Truth Behind Addiction – 2004
- Your Inner Awakening: The Work: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life – 2006
- Being Gay Is Unnatural: Is It True – 2011
- The End of Suffering: An Introduction to the Work Katie – 1998
- Making Your Thoughts Work for You – 2007
- All War Belongs on Paper: The Manual for the Work of Katie – 2000
Byron Katie Coronavirus
Katie wrote an e-book on her website about tips on how to manage your anxiety around the Coronavirus. For information on this please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Byron Katie
Katie is an American speaker and author. She initially illustrates a method of self-inquiry referred to as “The Work of Byron Katie” or commonly as “The Work.”
Katie 80 years old as of 2022. She was born on December 6, 1942, in Breckenridge, Texas. Katie celebrates her birthday on December 6 every year.
Katie has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Katie is currently married to Stephen Mitchell. Stephen is a writer and translator and they occasionally co-author.
Katie has an estimated net worth of $1.5 MILLION as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an author and inspirational speaker.
His salary is undisclosed.
She is a resident of Ojai, CA, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Katie is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick although she was once diagnosed with cancer and later recovered.
Byron Katie Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Featured Famous Models
- Alison Roman
- Amor Towles
- Anne Marie West
- Berniece Baker Miracle
- Bill Bryson
- Connie Willis
- Craig Johnson
- Dave Canterbury
- Delia Owens
- Doreen Virtue
- Douglas Murray
- Dr Joe Dispenza
- Dwayne Wayans
- Elizabeth Kloepfer
- Faye Resnick
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- Gigi Graham
- Gordon Keith
- Heather Lindsey
- Henry Lee
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Jen Wilkin
- Jentezen Franklin
- Jonathan Cahn
- Justine Musk
- Keith Ablow
- Lisa Harper
- Lori Gottlieb
- Lysa Terkeurst
- Mark Hemingway
- Marni Kinrys
- Mitch Glazer
- Molly Jong Fast
- Nancy Brinker
- Neal Barnard
- Patrick Madrid
- Paul Tassi
- Philip Yancey
- Reeve Lindbergh
- Rich Lowry
- Rich Wilkerson Jr
- Roderick Spencer
- Sandra Walker
- Sidra Smith
- Stormie Omartian
- Tara Westover
- Ted Williams
- Tiffany Cross
- Victor Davis Hanson
- Victoria Osteen