Carol McGiffin Biography and Wiki
Carol McGiffin (b. Carol Deirdre McGiffin 18 Feb 1960) is a British journalist who was born in London and brought up in Maidstone, Kent England. McGiffin is famous for serving as a regular panelist in the talk show Loose Women. She is popular for her funny tales and candid views. Carol made a return to the Loose Women in 2018 after a five-year break.
Read on for Carol McGiffin Bio-Wiki-Age-Husband-Mark Cassidy-Wedding-Net Worth-Chris Evans-Salary-Sisters-Loose Women-Partner-Height, and more.
Carol McGiffin Age
How Old Is Carol McGiffin? Moving on to her age, Carol McGiffin is 60 years of age as of 2020, she was born on 18 Feb 1960, in London, England. She celebrates her birthday on 18 Feb every year and her birth sign is Aquarius. McGiffin will be 61 years old on 18 Feb 2021.
Carol McGiffin Height
Carol stands at a height of 5’9″ (1.75 m). However, McGiffin’s other body measurements are currently not publicly available.
Carol McGiffin Education
Carol attended Oxford Road where she used to have free school meals McGriffin dropped out from school at the age of 16 as a result of poor grades. Despite dropping out, Carol did not despair in pursuing her dreams and interests to be a radio and TV broadcaster.
Carol McGiffin Family
Carol McGiffin Parents and Sister
Carol was born to both parents in London, England. Her father John McGiffin worked as a food chain manager while details about her mother Heather Barham are not available. However, McGiffin was raised alongside her three siblings, sisters Kim and Tracy, and a brother called Mark. Carol was raised through hardships and had a very hard relationship with her sisters, nevertheless, the McGiffin’s sisters and family have a healthy relationship to date. However, Carol’s sister died in Jan 2017.
Furthermore, Carol revealed that her parents moved around frequently which made it difficult for them to settle down and make friends. However, their father left her mother thus Carol and her sisters and brothers were forced to be raised in the ‘Maidstone Borough Council’ house. McGiffin is the second sister to her mother and explains her life as a second sister in her book Oh, Carol!
Carol McGiffin Husband Mark Cassidy and Wedding
Carol is happily married to her loving husband Mark Cassidy. Mark Cassidy married McGiffin in Thailand in 2018 in a private blissful wedding ceremony. Furthermore, the couple did not invite any family members or friends to their wedding. the couple got engaged in 2008 and were set to exchange their vows until McGiffin lost her sister in Jan 2017.
Carol McGiffin’s husband Mark Cassidy has maintained a very low profile away from the public eye. Additionally, Carol stated in her talk show how her partner Mark Cassidy helped her battle breast cancer in 2015. Furthermore, Carol revealed that she previously had two abortions on the talk show Loose Women. She got pregnant from a one night stand when she was 38 years old and previously with her former partner.
Carol McGiffin Husband Age | Mark Cassidy Age
Carol’s husband Mark Cassidy 38 years of age as of 2020. McGiffin has openly discussed the 22 age gap between her and her husband Mark Cassidy. Furthermore, she has revealed that she truly loves Mark Cassidy and that his partner is not a toyboy or any kinda sort of relationship.
Carol McGiffin Husband Net Worth | Mark Cassidy Net Worth
Mark Cassidy has an estimated Net Worth of between $100 Thousand nd $1Mmillion as of 2020. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. Through his various sources of income, Mark Cassidy has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Carol McGiffin Net Worth
Carol McGiffin has an estimated Net Worth of $9 Million as of 2020. This includes her Assets, Money, and Income. Her primary source of income is her career as a media broadcaster and Television Personality. Through her various sources of income, McGiffin has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Carol McGiffin Salary
Carol is the highest-paid broadcaster in the world in 2020 according to the People With Money website. Carol McGiffin ranked up $46 million in combined earnings between Nov 2019 and Nov 2020. However, we so not have Carol McGiffin’s actual salary.
Carol McGiffin Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Carol.
Carol McGiffin Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Carol Deirdre McGiffin
- Popular As: Carol McGiffin
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: TV and radio presenter
- Nationality: British
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Carol McGiffin Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 60 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Date of Birth: 18 Feb 1960
- Place of Birth: London, England
- Birthday: 18 Feb
Carol McGiffin Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5’9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Carol McGiffin Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): John McGiffin
- Mother: Heather Barham
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Kim and Tracy, and a Mark
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Mark Cassidy
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (None) Daughter(s) (None)
Carol McGiffin Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $9 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: TV and Radio broadcaster
Carol McGiffin House and Cars
- Place of living: London and France
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Carol McGiffin Chris Evans, First Husband
- Carol McGiffin was previously married to Chris Evans. The two former couples met in 1988 when Carol was working as a producer for Music Box TV while Chris was drafting his report for the TV station. McGiffin developed an acquaintance with Chris Evans from the moment she spotted him in his orange hair. Chris Evans later invited Carol to cohost his show What’s On. After a fun night of drinking and lots of fun, the two lovebirds slept together for the first time in Dunkirk.
- Chris Evans and Carol McGiffin decided to hit it off after and Chris moved into Carol’s apartment. However, with time, Chris started staying out late at night with his ex-girlfriends which brought problems in the couple’s relationship. McGiffin decided to call off the relationship but instead, Chris countered her with an offer to get married. The two love birds got married in a secret wedding ceremony on Sep 17, 1991.
- However, the two stars marriage hit a turmoil and the cou[le started having endless arguments. McGiffin defines her marriage to Chris Evans as crazy, dependent, and violent. The couple separated in 1993 after Chris Evans announced his divorce to Carol on the radio. The former couple officially got divorced in 1998. They do not share any children but Chris is currently married to Natasha.
Carol McGiffin Broadcast Career
She began her journalism career as a background production assistant at ‘Music Box in 1984. With time she made her way up the chain and became the production manager at Music Box. Additionally, McGiffin helped start the radio station ‘Talk Radio UK’ in 1995 and co-presented the evening show ‘The Rude Awakening’ alongside Moz Dee.
Moreover, she made frequent appearances on Jonathan King’s show before joining Liberty Radio in 1996. Carol gained huge popularity after moving to London radio station in 1999 where she worked until 2000 before returning in 2006. She also hosted live phone shows on BBC London Live. Besides journalism, Carol is also a renowned author. She has written the autobiography ‘Oh, Carol!,’ which was released in 2010.
McGiffin has also featured on the following shows:
- Daily Cooks Challenge
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? – Contestant (2007)
- Tonight with Trevor McDonald
- Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- The Paul O’Grady Show – Guest
- The Jack Docherty Show
- 8 Out of 10 Cats – Panellist
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross
- Celebrity Juice – Panellist
- The Justin Lee Collins Show
- The Wright Stuff (2014)
- OK! TV
- Pointless – Contestant
- This Morning (2012, 2016) – Newspaper Reviewer
- Celebrity Big Brother (Summer 2013) – Housemate
- Celebrity Big Brother’s Bit on the Side (Summer 2013) – Guest
- Celebrity Big Brother’s Bit on the Psych (Winter 2014) – Panellist
FAQs About Carol McGiffin
Who is Carol McGiffin?
Carol McGiffin is a well-known panelist for Loose Women. Prior to joining Loose Women, she cohosted a show at the London radio station. Loose Women airs at 12.30 p.m. weekdays on @ITV, @weareSTV, and the ITV Hub.
What does Carol McGiffin do?
Carol is a well-known panelist for Loose Women. Prior to joining Loose Women, she cohosted a show at the London radio station. Loose Women airs at 12.30 p.m. weekdays on @ITV, @weareSTV, and the ITV Hub.
How old is Carol McGiffin?
Carol McGiffin is 60 years of age as of 2020, She is a British national born on 18 Feb 1960, in London, England.
How tall is Carol McGiffin?
Carol stands at a height of 1.75m.
Is Carol McGiffin married?
Yes, she is married to Mark Cassidy. They got married in Thailand in 2018 in a private wedding ceremony. Furthermore, she was previously married to Chris Evans.
How much is Carol McGiffin worth?
Carol McGiffin has an approximate Net Worth of $9 Million from her successful career in the media and journalism industry.
Where does C McGiffin live?
She is a resident and owns properties in London and France. Furthermore, as soon as we have her exact location of residence we shall upload pictures of her house immediately.
Is C McGiffin dead or alive?
McGiffin is alive and in good health. She was suffering from breast cancer around 2015 but her husband Mark Cassidy helped her with emotional support throughout her treatment.
Where is C McGiffin Now?
Carol is pursuing her career in journalism. She is working as a regular panelist at Loose Women on ITV and hosts the podcast Global Player.
Carol McGiffin Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.