Chris Norman Biography and Wiki
Chris Norman is an English award-winning soft rock singer and songwriter who was born and brought up in Redcar, North Riding of Yorkshire, England. Norman is famous for his 1978 duet hit song “Stumblin’ In”. He was born in the era of the advent of Rock and Roll. Additionally, Norman led an English soft rock band by the name Smokie that was quite famous in the 70s.
Read on for Chris Norman Bio-Wiki-Songs-Age-Wife-Suzi Quatro-Net Worth-Albums-Daughter-Son Death-Children-Married-Family, and more.
Chris Norman Early Life
Norman was born and raised in Redcar, North Riding of Yorkshire, England. While he was growing up there was the emergence of the Rock and Roll music genre which ultimately made him develop an interest in music. This interest grew spontaneously and at the age of 7 years, Norman acquired his first guitar. His music idols while growing up include Elvis Presley, Lonnie Donegan, and Little Richard.
Chris Norman Age and Birthday
Moving on to his age, Chris Norman is 70 years of age as of 2020, he was born on Oct 25, 1950, in Redcar, North Riding of Yorkshire, England. He celebrates his birthday on Oct 25, every year, and his birth sign is Scorpio.
Chris Norman Height and Weight
Chris is a man of tall stature, he also appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. He stands at a height of 5’9″ (approx. 1.73 meters). Norman also weighs 165 lb (75 kg).
Chris Norman Education
Chris Norman attended several schools due to his parents’ occupational habit of moving around the country. Nevertheless, in 1962 Chris went back to Bradford where he attended St. Bede’s Grammar School. While at St. Bede’s, Norman settled in pretty quick and made friends with future members of Smokie, Alan Silson and Terry Uttley.
Moreover, their friendship flourished that they began meeting and spending their spare time learning new songs on their guitars. Growing up in the era of The Beatles, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones, Chris and his friends decided to form a band by enjoining Ron Kelly as a drummer for their band. The band had difficulty deciding on the best name of the band but finally arrived at ‘The Elizabethans’. The band played all over the UK in the late 60s and early seventies.
However, the band had to call up an old friend called Pete Spencer to take up Kelly’s position as the drummer in 1973 after Ron’s departure. The Elizabethans band later changed their name to the now-famous Smokie.
Chris Norman Family
Chris Norman Parents
Chris was born to both parents, his father, Pip Norman, and mother, Pat Norman who is a Bradford native. He has no known siblings. His parents moved around the country quite frequently which ultimately resulted in Chris attending nine different schools and living in different places. Moreover, as soon as additional information about Norman’s father, mother, brothers, and sisters are available we shall update his family members immediately.
Chris Norman Wife Linda Norman and Children, Who is Chris Norman married to?
Norman married Linda Norman on March 16, 1970. Chris and his wife Linda Norman are blessed with four children namely, Paul (b.1972), Michael (b. 1984), Steven (b. 1986), and Susan (b.1991 ). The family resides in London United Kingdom. The couple met in 1968 in the small town of Elgin in Scotland where Chris and his band had gone to play. Details about Chris’s wife Norman are not available as she prefers to maintain a low profile. Nevertheless, as soon as information about his wife is available we shall update it immediately.
Chris Norman Son’s Death and Daughter
Chris and his wife Linda initially had 5 children. Their firstborn Brian who was born on 28 July 1968 died tragically in a motor accident in Oct 2001. Brian left behind Sarah as a widow and his daughter Danielle.
Chris Norman Net Worth
Chris has enjoyed a long career in the music industry spanning almost SIX decades. Through proceeds from his work as a musician and songwriter, he has been able to accumulate a huge fortune. Chris Norman has an estimated Net Worth of $500 Million.
Chris Norman Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Chris.
Chris Norman Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Christopher Ward Norman
- Popular As: Chris Norman
- Gender: Male
- Education: St. Bede’s Grammar School
- Occupation / Profession: Musician/songwriter
- Nationality: English/ British
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Chris Norman Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 69 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Date of Birth: Oct 25, 1950
- Place of Birth: Redcar, North Riding of Yorkshire
- Birthday: Oct 25
Chris Norman Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5’9″ (173 cm)
- Weight: 165 lb (75 kg)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Light brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Chris Norman Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Pip Norman
- Mother: Pat Norman
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse or Husband/Spouse: Married to Linda Norman
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Paul Norman, Michael Norman, and Steven Norman) Daughter(Susan Norman)
Chris Norman Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $500 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Music and Songwriting
Chris Norman Band
- The Chris Norman Band is comprised of Chris Norman, Geoff Carline (Guitar/Vocals), Martina Walbeck (Keyboard / Piano / Vocals), Axel Kowollik (Bass / Vocals), Dorino Goldbrunner (Drums), and Michelle Plum (Vocals/Guitar). However, the band last from 1964 – 1986.
- As a result of their close relationship, the group formed their own distinct sound from Chris’s unique vocal sound wrapped up in a guitar rock sound by 1974l. Smokie’s first album ‘Pass it Around’ was released in 1975 on Micky Most’s RAK records.
- Smokie had started as an album-oriented rock act and their many live experiences had provided a good grounding for Chris and Smokie in all the tricks of the Rock ‘ n’ Roll trade. Chris says that they originally the band wasn’t interested in pop singles that much.
- Nevertheless, by the summer of 1975, they had their first hit single with ‘If you think you know how to love me.’ This was followed by a string of hit singles like ‘Living next door to Alice,’ ‘Lay back in the arms of Someone’ ‘I’ll meet you at Midnight,’ just to name a few. Not to forget, the very successful ‘Stumblin In’ a duet with Suzi Quatro. This respective song proved to be Chris’ first taste of success outside the group.
- Norman solo career flourished around 1986 with the hit song ‘Midnight Lady’.
Chris Norman 2020 Tour Dates And Venues
- Saturday 04 April 2020
Home Credit Arena, Liberec, Czech Republic. / Bonnie Tyler.
- Saturday 18 April 2020
Centralny Osrodek Sportu Hala Torwar, Warsaw, Poland.
- Monday 20 April 2020
Palace of the Republic, Minsk Belarus.
- Sunday 28 June 2020
Tollwood Sommerfestival Munich, Germany. / Bonnie Tyler
- Sunday 01 November 2020
Stadthalle Chemnitz, Germany
- Monday 02 November 2020
Steintor Variete Halle Chemnitz, Germany
- Tuesday 03 May 2020
Haus Auensee, Leipzig, Germany
- Thursday 05 November 2020
Theaterhaus Stuttgart, Germany
- Friday 06 November 2020
Jahrhunderthalle Frankfurt, Frankfurt Germany
- Monday 09 November 2020
Kulturpalast Dresden, Dresden Germany
- Tuesday 10 November 2020
Stadthalle Zwickau, Zwickau Germany.
- Friday 13 November 2020
Messehalle Erfurt, Erfurt Germany
- Saturday 14 November 2020
Getec Arena Magdeburg Germany
- Monday 16 November 2020
Stadthalle Rostock, Rostock Germany
- Wednesday 18 November 2020
Tempodrom Berlin, Germany
- Saturday 21 November 2020
Laeiszhalle Hamburg, Hamburg Germany
- Tuesday 24 November 2020
Theater am Aegi, Hannover, Germany
Chris Norman Albums
- 1982: Rock Away Your Teardrops
- 1986: Some Hearts Are Diamonds
- 1987: Different Shades
- 1988: Hits from the Heart
- 1989: Break the Ice
- 1991: The Interchange
- 1992: The Growing Years
- 1993: Jealous Heart
- 1994: The Album
- 1994: Screaming Love Album
- 1995: Every Little Thing
- 1995: Reflections
- 1997: Into the Night
- 1997: Christmas Together
- 1999: Full Circle
- 2000: Love Songs
- 2001: Breathe Me In
- 2003: Handmade
- 2004: Break Away
- 2005: One Acoustic Evening – CD & DVD (Live at the Private Music Club/Live in Vienna)
- 2006: Million Miles
- 2006: Coming Home
- 2007: Close Up
- 2009: The Hits! From His Smokie And Solo Years
- 2009: The Hits! Tour – Live at the Tempodrom, Berlin (Deutschland) DVD
- 2009: The Hits! Tour – Live at the Tempodrom, Berlin (Dänemark) DVD
- 2011: Time Traveller
- 2013: There And Back
- 2015: Crossover
- 2017: Don’t Knock The Rock
- 2019: Definitive Collection – Smokie And Solo Years
Chris Norman Songs
- Sun Is Rising
- That’s Christmas
- Wish You Well
- Gypsy Queen
- Chasing Cars
- Without Your Love
- Too Much/Without Your Love
- Keep Talking
- Only You
- Baby I Miss You
- Under Your Spell
- Reflections Of My Life
- Red Hot Screaming Love UK
- As Good As It Gets
- Jealous Heart
- I Need Your Love
- Growing Years
- If You Need My Love Tonight
- Back Again
- Keep The Candle Burning
- I Want To Be Needed
- Ordinary Heart
- Wings Of Love
- Midnight Lady
- Broken Heroes
- No Arms Can Ever Hold You
- Some Hearts Are Diamonds
- My Girl And Me
- Love Is A Battlefield
- Hey Baby
- Stumblin’ In
- If You Think You Know How To Love Me
- Wild Angels
- Don’t Play Your Rock’n Roll to Me
- It’s Your Life
- Losing You
Chris Norman Awards
Norman is undoubtedly a fine musician as outlined in the following award
- International video Star of the Year’ by CMT Europe.
Are Chris Norman and Suzi Quatro married?
No the two are not married, they just made good music together. Chris is married to Linda Norman while Suzi Quatro was married to guitarist Len Tuckey from 1976 to 1992 when they had a divorce. In 1978 they recorded their duet “Stumblin’ In,” which made it to No. 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and sold over one million copies. In 1992 they sang another song titled “I Need Your Love.”
FAQs About Chris Norman
Who is Chris Norman?
Chris is an English soft rock singer who was the lead singer of Smokie band.
What nationality is Chris Norman?
Chris is a Britain National/Briton.
How old is Chris Norman?
Norman is 70 years of age as of 2020. He was born on Oct 25, 1950, in Redcar, North Riding of Yorkshire.
How tall is Chris Norman?
Chris stands at a height of 5’9″.
Is Chris Norman still married?
Norman married his beloved wife Linda Norman on March 16, 1970. The couple is still married in 2020 and share four children together.
How long has Chris Norman been married?
Chris has been married for 50 years.
Were Chris Norman and Suzi Quatro married?
No. Suzi Quatro was previously married to Len Tuckey.
What is Chris Norman worth?
The famous singer has an estimated net worth of $500 million as of 2020. His major source of income is his music albums.
Where does Chris Norman live?
Chris currently resides in the Isle of Man United Kingdom.
Is C Norman dead or alive?
Norman is still alive and in good health.
Is Chris Norman still with Smokie?
No. Norman left Smokie in the 1980s to focus on his solo career.
Where is C Norman Now?
Chris is a soft rock artist.
Chris Norman Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and