Christiane Amanpour Biography
Christiane Amanpour CBE is an American foreign correspondent and television host. She is CNN’s Chief International Anchor and host of Amanpour’s regular interview program for CNN International
She started working in the news department at WBRU-FM in Providence, Rhode Island, and also worked as an electronic graphics designer for NBC affiliate WJAR in Providence, Rhode Island. She is Amanpour & Company’s anchor on PBS as well as an ABC News Global Affairs Anchor.
Christiane Amanpour Education
At age 16, she studied at New Hall School, a Roman Catholic school in Chelmsford, Essex. She finally joined the University of Rhode Island to study journalism in the United States. In 1983, she graduated from the university summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. degree in journalism.
Christiane Amanpour CNN
She is the foreign lead anchor of CNN’s award-winning, flagship global affairs show “Amanpour,” which is also broadcast on PBS in the U.S. She is based in the network’s London bureau.
She has begun working in Cnn in 1983 as an entry-level assistant on the international assignment desk at CNN’s headquarters in Atlanta, she rose through the organization and become a reporter at the New York bureau, and then the network’s leading international correspondent.
In 2009 “Amanpour” was launched, where she spoke to a raft of leaders and decision-makers on the things affecting the world today. She has secured exclusive interviews with global power players throughout her time in Cnn. She has reported from the aftermath of many humanitarian crises like the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the 2011 Hurricane Katrina and Japanese tsunami, where she visited a community center which had been converted to a makeshift morgue for victims of the storm.
Christiane Amanpour Age
She was born on 12 January 1958 in London, United Kingdom. She celebrates her birthday on 12 January every year.
Christiane Amanpour Family
She is a daughter to Mahmoud Amanpour, an Iranian and Patricia Hill, is English. She is natively fluent in English and Persian and married to a Jewish American. She is an American, British, and Iranian.
Christiane Amanpour Husband
She was married to American James Rubin, a former US Assistant Secretary of State and spokesman for the US State Department. The couple married in 1998. They together have a son Darius John Rubin, born in 2000. The couple divorced in 2018.
Christiane Amanpour Pbs
Peabody Award-winning journalist Christiane Amanpour, CNN’s chief international correspondent, hosts this half-hour weekly interview program with each episode focusing on a newsworthy subject and featuring guests, from global leaders to heads of state and cultural icons, who are confident questioning conventional wisdom.
Production location: London
Presented by: Christiane Amanpour
Networks: CNN, Public Broadcasting Service, CNN Philippines, CNN International
Christiane Amanpour: Sex & Love Around the World
Distinguished journalist Christiane Amanpour turns her attention to the shifting dynamics of friendship, passion, and pleasure in an increasingly complex world after a career established as a foreign correspondent and anchor. Amanpour travels to Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East in this six-part series to meet everyday people who form the idea of modern love. How do the roles of gender, romance, marriage, family, and divorce shift for both men and women?
Christiane Amanpour Shows
2018 Christiane Amanpour: Sex & Love Around the World
2018 Amanpour on PBS
2018 Amanpour and Company
2012 Back to the Beginning With Christiane Amanpour
2007 CNN Special Investigations Unit
1999-2005 60 Minutes II
1981 This Week
1968 60 Minutes
1953 ABC World News Tonight
Christiane Amanpour Book
The News Sorority: Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Christiane Amanpour-and the (Ongoing, Imperfect, Complicated) Triumph of Women in TV News
Our Women on the Ground: Essays by Arab Women Reporting from the Arab World
The Unfinished Revolution: Voices from the Global Fight for Women’s Rights
Our Shoes, Our Selves: 40 Women, 40 Stories, 40 Pairs of Shoes
44 Days: Iran and the Remaking of the World
Oriana Fallaci: The Journalist, the Agitator, the Legend
Magna Brava. Die Magnum- Fotografinnen.
Diane Sawyer (Women of Achievement)
Christiane Amanpour Salary
She earns an annual average salary of around $2 million.
Christiane Amanpour Net Worth
The award-winning journalist, Amanpour, has an estimated net worth of $12.5 million which she has earned through her successful career as a journalist
Christiane Amanpour Quotes
- And I believe that good journalism, good television, can make our world a better place.
- Our industry has invested so much money in technology that perhaps it’s time to invest in talent, in people.
- In Iran the whole reform and democracy movement has been based on the emerging free press.
- Because if the storytellers don’t do this, then the bad people will win.
- What we do and say and show really matters.
- We manage the fear, I manage the fear, but it certainly takes its toll, the strain does.
- If we have no respect for our viewers, then how can we have any respect for ourselves and what we do?
- They take journalism really seriously because they know the force that it is and can be.
- But 17 years ago, I arrived at CNN with a suitcase, with my bicycle, and with about 100 dollars.
- I was really just the tea boy to begin with or the equivalent thereof, but I quickly announced, innocently but very ambitiously, that I wanted to be, I was going to be, a foreign correspondent.
- I have spent the past ten years in just about every war zone there was.
- And one thing that I always believed and that I knew for certain was that I could never have sustained a personal relationship while I worked this hard, or while I was that driven this intensely by the story.
- I have always thought it morally unacceptable to kill stories, not to run stories, that people have risked their lives to get.
- And I really believe good journalism is good business.
- I’m not an American but I have always had the outsiders’ respect for the American people and the American way.
- Here in the United States, our profession is much maligned, people simply don’t trust or like journalists anymore and that’s sad.
Frequently Asked Questions About Christiane Amanpour
Who is Christiane Amanpour?
She is one of America’s best known and best-loved journalist
How old is Amanpour?
She is 61 years old as of 2019. She was born in 1958
How tall is Amanpour?
She stands at a height of 1.71 meters
Is Amanpour married?
She is married to her lovely husband James Rubin
How much is Amanpour worth?
He is an accomplished journalist with an estimated net worth of $12.5 million
How much does Christiane Amanpour make?
She earns an annual average salary of around $2 million.
Where does Christiane Amanpour live?
She lives in London, in England
Is Christiane Amanpour dead or alive?
She is still alive and in good health.
Where is Christiane Amanpour now?
She is working on the primo one-hour PBS
Christiane Amanpour Facebook
Christiane Amanpour Twitter
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take collective measures to the best of our abilities.