Coast Water Services Board Description
Coast Water Services Board is a parastatal (Government Owned and Autonomous) created under the Water Act, 2002 and established through a Gazette Notice No. 1328 of 27th February 2004. The Board’s main responsibility is the provision of efficient and economical water and sanitation services to the people of the Coast Region.
The Coast Water Services Board covers the following six counties in the region: Mombasa County, Kwale County, Kilifi County, Taita-Taveta County, Lamu County, and Tana River County. The Coast Water Service Board operates under the Parent Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (MEWNR) and in accordance with:
- The provisions and regulations of the Water Act, 2002;
- The State Corporation Act Cap 446;
- Other Relevant Provisions of the Laws of Kenya and
- Rules and Regulations are given in the form of circulars by the Parent Ministry and Ministry of Finance.
Coast Water Services Board Strategic Objectives
- To increase water coverage from 55% to 80% by 2018.
- To increase access to sanitation from 47% to 65% by 2018.
- To increase funding for water and sanitation infrastructure from Kshs 7.5 billion in 2013 to Kshs 40 billion by 2018.
- To enhance revenue collection from 50% in 2013 to 90% by 2018.
- To create and increase stakeholder’s awareness and support to the Board.
- To enhance efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
- To institutionalize good corporate governance.
- To attract and retain highly skilled and motivated staff.
Coast Water Services Board Core Values
- Customer focused
Coast Water Services Board Mandate
The core mandate of Coast Water Services Board as given under clause 53(1) of the Water Act 2002 state that: “The Board shall, as a licensee, be responsible for the efficient and economical provision of water services authorized by the license”
Coast Water Services Board’s core function include but not limited to:
- Development and management of assets that will ensure the development of services and facilities to increase access to water and sanitation.
- Hold/lease assets and water services infrastructure.
- Efficient and economical provision of water as authorized by the License.
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements by the WSPs.
- Assume responsibility of WSP as a last resort.
Coast Water Services Board Sources
The Coast Water Services Board handles bulk water supply from the following sources:
- Mzima Springs located in Taita-Taveta County,
- Baricho well fields located in Kilifi County,
- Marere Springs located in Kwale County
- Tiwi boreholes located in Kwale County.
- The Hola Water supply project located in Tana River County supplies water to Hola town
- The Shella wells in Lamu County are the main source of water in the County
- The rural population is served by shallow wells and pans, dams and boreholes.
Coast Water Services Board Contacts
Business Name: Coast Water Services Board
Business Category: Water
Physical Address: Coast Water Services premises, Mikindani St Off Nkrumah Rd
Address: P.O.Box: 90417 – 80100 Mombasa
Mobile: (+254) 754229380
Coast Water Services Board Video
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.