- 1 Country Singer Connie Smith Biography and Wiki
- 2 Connie Smith Age and Birthday
- 3 Connie Smith Nationality
- 4 Connie Smith Height and Weight
- 5 Country Singer Connie Smith Family, Parents and Siblings
- 6 Marty Stuart And Connie Smith
- 7 Connie Smith Marriages, Who is Connie Smith Husband?
- 8 Connie Smith Children
- 9 Connie Smith Health
- 10 Connie Smith Measurements and Facts
- 11 Connie’s House and Cars
- 12 Connie Smith Music Background
- 13 Connie Smith Songs
- 14 Connie Smith Albums
- 15 1970 and Beyond
- 16 Connie Smith Net Worth
- 17 Marty Stuart Net Worth
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions About Connie Smith
- 19 Who Is Connie Smith?
- 20 How old is Connie Smith’s country singer?
- 21 How tall is Connie Smith?
- 22 How old is Connie Smith and Marty Stuart?
- 23 Is Connie Smith still alive?
- 24 How much is Connie Smith worth?
- 25 Who has Connie Smith been married to?
- 26 Where is Connie Smith now?
- 27 Who is Connie Smith’s father?
- 28 Who are Connie Smith’s parents?
- 29 Where does Connie Smith live?
- 30 Was Connie Smith ever married to Carl Smith?
- 31 Does Connie Smith have a daughter?
- 32 Connie Social Media Contacts
- 33 Related Biographies.
- 34 Reference:
Country Singer Connie Smith Biography and Wiki
Connie Smith born “Constance June Meador” is an American country music artist. She was born on August 14, 1941, to Wilma and Hobart Meador in Elkhart, Indiana.
Connie Smith Age and Birthday
Connie Smith is 79 years old as of 2020, she was born on 14 August 1941, Elkhart, Indiana, United States. She celebrates her birthday on August 14th every year and her birth sign is Leo.
Connie Smith Nationality
Smith was born in the United States of America. She is of American nationality by birth.
Connie Smith Height and Weight
Connie stands at an average height and moderate weight. She appears to be quite tall in stature if her photos, relative to her surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Country Singer Connie Smith Family, Parents and Siblings
Smith was born to Wilma and Hobart Meador in Elkhart, Indiana. Smith’s parents originated from West Virginia, and when Smith was five months old, the family returned to their other home in West Virginia. Her family later moved to Dungannon, Ohio. Connie Smith’s father was very violent when she was a child, to an extreme that caused Smith to suffer a mental breakdown when she was a teenager.
Smith’s mother divorced her father and married Tom Clark when she was seven years old. Her stepdad brought his 8 children to the new family; Meador brought her five, Smith included. Clark and Meador brought forth two more children together bringing a total of fifteen children.
Marty Stuart And Connie Smith
Marty Stuart and Connie Smith have a rather unorthodox love story, but it’s one with a very happy ending. He married Connie Smith in 1997 and he was 17 years younger than her. His mom introduced them, she took Stuart to see Smith live in concert in Mississippi but it was unbeknownst to her what would happen in the next few decades.
Stuart also says his wife has taught him some important lessons:
“With Connie, I have learned about balancing love and music. She puts a whole lot more emphasis on family life than I ever did, and she’s been a great sense of balance to me.”
Connie Smith Marriages, Who is Connie Smith Husband?
Connie Smith has been married four times, in 1961, Smith married Jerry Smith, a ferroanalyst at the Inter-Lake Iron Corporation in Beverly, Ohio. She had one child together with Jerry on March 9, 1963, named Darren Justin. In the mid-1960s, the couple annulled their union and Smith married her guitarist, Jack Watkins, he was in her touring band. They had a son named Kerry Watkins, before separating approximately a year after marrying.
Shortly after, Smith married a third-time to telephone repairman Marshall Haynes. The couple had three beautiful daughters: Jeanne, Julie, and Jodi Haynes. Haynes frequently toured with Connie on her roadshow in the early 1970s. After her divorce with Haynes in the early 1990s, Smith stated that she had no plans of ever getting married again, but on July 8, 1997, Smith married country artist Marty Stuart.
Connie Smith Children
Connie has five children from all her previous marriages. In her first marriage, she had her son Darren Justin with a ferroanalyst Jerry Smith. She had her second child in her second marriage with the guitarist in her touring band Jack Watkins called Kerry Watkins. In her third marriage with telephone repairman Marshall Haynes, she had three daughters; Jeanne, Julie, and Jodi Haynes.
Connie Smith Health
When Smith was a teenager, she nearly cut her leg off after she was injured in a lawnmower accident. She learned how to play different chords of a guitar while recovering in the hospital. After she fully recovered, she began participating in various local talent contests which contributed to her passion for music.
Connie Smith Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Smith.
Connie Smith Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Constance June Meador
- Gender: Female
- Profession: Country music artist
- Nationality: American
- Race/ Ethnicity: American
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Connie Smith Age and Birthday
- Age: 79 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: 14 August 1941
- Place of Birth: Elkhart, Indiana, United States
- Birthday: 14 August
Connie Smith Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Connie Smith Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Hobart Meador
- Mother: Wilma Meador
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): 14 siblings
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse: Marty Stuart (m. 1997)
- Dating: Not Available
- Children: 5 children
Connie Smith Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $18 million dollars (2020)
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Music
Connie’s House and Cars
- Place of living: Elkhart
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Connie Smith Music Background
Smith was surrounded by music while growing up. Her stepfather and her brother played mandolin and fiddle respectively, her other brother was a guitarist. Smith would listen to the Grand Ole Opry radio broadcast on every Saturday night. While Smith was a teenager, she was involved in a lawnmower accident, which nearly sliced her leg off.
While recovering in the hospital, she has gifted a guitar which she eventually learned to play. Smith began to perform in various local talent contests straight after she was discharged. Smith graduated from Salem-Liberty High School in 1959 as the class salutatorian.
Smith registered to perform in a talent contest at the Frontier Ranch country music park near Columbus, Ohio. She sang Jean Shepard’s “I Thought of You”, Smith won the contest and five silver dollars. The same day, country artist Bill Anderson heard Smith’s performance and he was impressed by her voice.
Smith ran into Anderson again in January 1964 at a country music package concert, where he invited her to perform together on Ernest Tubb’s Midnite Jamboree program in Nashville, Tennessee. After that performance, Smith returned to Nashville that May to do some demo recording by Anderson that he planned on pitching to other country singers. Hubert Long, Anderson’s manager brought the demo recording to RCA Victor Records, where producer Chet Atkins heard it. He was also impressed by her vocals, Atkins offered Smith a recording contract that eventually materialized on June 24, 1964.
Connie Smith Songs
- Once a Day
- Then And Only Then
- I Never Once Stopped Loving You
- The Hurtin’s All Over
- Nobody but a Fool
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ain’t Had No Lovin’
- You and Your Sweet Love
- Ribbon of Darkness
- Just One Time
- If I Talk to Him
- Tiny Blue Transistor Radio
- If It Ain’t Love
- Run Away Little Tears
- I’ll Come Running
- Just for What I Am
- Burning a Hole in My Mind
- I Can’t Remember
- Louisiana Man
- Cry, Cry, Cry
- Baby’s Back Again
- Where Is My Castle
- Young Love
- Darling, Are You Ever Coming Home
- I’ve Got My Baby On My Mind
- Don’t Forget I Still Love You
- Ain’t Love a Good Thing
- I Saw a Man
- Clinging to a Saving Hand
- My Little Corner of the World
- Two Empty Arms
- Go Ahead and Make Me Cry
Connie Smith Albums
- Connie Smith – Released: March 1965
- Cute ‘n’ Country – Released: October 1965
- Miss Smith Goes to Nashville – Released: March 1966
- Connie Smith Sings Great Sacred Songs – Released: June 1966
- Born to Sing
- Downtown Country – Released: February 1967
- Connie Smith Sings Bill Anderson – Released: May 1967
- Soul of Country Music – Released: December 1967
- I Love Charley Brown – Released: April 1968
- Sunshine and Rain – Released: October 1968
- Connie’s Country – Released: April 1969
- Back in Baby’s Arms – Released: October 1969
1970 and Beyond
- I Never Once Stopped Loving You – Released: September 1970
- Where Is My Castle – Released: January 1971
- Just One Time – Released: June 1971
- Come Along and Walk with Me – Released: October 1971
- Ain’t We Havin’ Us a Good Time – Released: April 1972
- If It Ain’t Love and Other Great Dallas
- Frazier Songs – Released: July 1972
- A Lady Named Smith – Released: May 1973
- God Is Abundant – Released: November 1973
- That’s the Way Love Goes – Released: March 1974
- I Never Knew (What That Song Meant Before) – Released: August 1974
- I Got a Lot of Hurtin’ Done Today/
- I Got My Baby on My Mind – Released: January 1975
- Connie Smith Sings Hank Williams Gospel – Released: May 1975
- Joy to the World – Released: October 1975
- The Song We Fell in Love To – Released: March 1976
- I Don’t Wanna Talk It Over Anymore – Released: October 1976
- Pure Connie Smith – Released: November 1977
- New Horizons – Released: March 1978
- Connie Smith – Released: October 6, 1998
- Long Line of Heartaches – Released: August 23, 2011
Connie Smith Net Worth
Connie Smith has an estimated net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2020. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a country singer. Smith has enjoyed a long career in the music industry spanning almost four decades. Through her various sources of income, Smith has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Marty Stuart Net Worth
Marty Stuart has a net worth of $ 8 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a country and bluegrass musician. Through his various sources of income, Stuart has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions About Connie Smith
Who Is Connie Smith?
Smith is an American country music singer. She released her first single called “Once a Day” in 1964 which reached number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
How old is Connie Smith’s country singer?
Smith was born on August 14th, 1941 in Elkhart, Indiana, in the United States. She turned 79 years old in 2020.
How tall is Connie Smith?
She has not shared her height with the public. Her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
How old is Connie Smith and Marty Stuart?
Smith is 79 years old while her husband Marty is 62 years old.
Is Connie Smith still alive?
She is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
How much is Connie Smith worth?
Smith has an estimated net worth of $8million which she has earned from her career in music. In her career, she has had more than 10 Grammy nominations and won several other awards from different categories. Her concerts are always sold out as she is considered one of the best country musicians alongside other musicians like Linda Ronstadt.
Who has Connie Smith been married to?
Smith is married to country music artist Marty Stuart who was her producer.
Where is Connie Smith now?
Connie is in the United States with her husband performing at different events. They have dates lined up for all the events they will be performing in 2020.
Who is Connie Smith’s father?
Connie’s father was called Hobart Meador originally from West Virginia. She recalls that her father was abusive towards her which led to her suffering from mental breakdown during her teenage years.
Who are Connie Smith’s parents?
Smith’s parents are Wilma Meador and Hobart Meador. Her parents divorced when she was seven years old and she went to stay with her mother and her step-father.
Where does Connie Smith live?
Smith was born in Elkhart, Indiana. She grew up in West Virginia where her parents were originally from and later moved to Dungannon, Ohio. When she was married in the 60s, she lived in her home in Marietta, Ohio.
Was Connie Smith ever married to Carl Smith?
No, Carl Smith was married to June Carter, an American singer while Connie was married to Jerry Smith.
Does Connie Smith have a daughter?
Connie Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.: