Dabney Coleman Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Dabney Coleman Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Dabney Coleman
- 3 Dabney Coleman Age
- 4 Dabney Coleman Height
- 5 Dabney Coleman Weight
- 6 Dabney Coleman Education
- 7 Dabney Coleman Parents
- 8 Dabney Coleman Wife
- 9 Dabney Coleman Net Worth
- 10 Dabney Coleman Measurements and Facts
- 11 Dabney Coleman Career
- 12 Dabney Coleman 9 to 5
- 13 Dabney Coleman Yellowstone
- 14 Dabney Coleman NCIS
- 15 Dabney Coleman Health
- 16 Dabney Coleman Movies
- 17 Dabney Coleman Television Shows
- 18 Frequent Asked Questions About Dabney Coleman
- 19 Dabney Coleman Contacts
- 20 Related Biographies.
Dabney Coleman is an American actor who was born and brought up in Austin, Texas, United States. He is well known for his role in various films including The Towering Inferno (1974), 9 to 5 (1980), On Golden Pond (1981), Tootsie (1982), WarGames (1983), Cloak & Dagger (1984), The Beverly Hillbillies (1993), You’ve Got Mail (1998), Recess: School’s Out (2001), Moonlight Mile (2002), and Rules Don’t Apply (2016).
10 Quick Facts About Dabney Coleman
- Name: Dabney Coleman
- Age: 90 years old as of 2022
- Birthday: January 3
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Salary: Under
- Net worth: $5 million dollars
Dabney Coleman Age
Coleman is 90 years old as of 2022, he was born Dabney Wharton Coleman on January 3, 1932, in Austin, Texas, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on January 3, every year, and his birth sign is Capricorn.
Dabney Coleman Height
Coleman stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch, or 1.85 meters. He is known for his captivating personality, Coleman has blue eyes and his hair color is salt-and-pepper
Dabney Coleman Weight
Coleman also weighs 53 kg or 116 Ibs.
Dabney Coleman Education
Coleman is a highly educated and qualified person. In 1949, he joined the Virginia Military Institute. In addition to that, he studied law at the University of Texas before acting. In 1953, he was drafted into the United States Army and he served in Europe.
Dabney Coleman Parents
Coleman is the son of Melvin Randolph (father) and Mary Wharton Coleman (mother). After doing our research, details about his siblings are not available.
Dabney Coleman Wife
At first, Coleman was married to Ann Courtney Harrell. Ann and Dabney got married in 1957 but divorced in 1959. Later on, Coleman got married to Jean Hale. They were married from 1961 to 1984.
Coleman has four children, of which three of them are his children with Hale. These are Kelly, Randy, and Quincy. Quincy is an American songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist.
Dabney Coleman Net Worth
Coleman has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an Actor. Through his various sources of income, Coleman has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Dabney Coleman Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Coleman.
Dabney Coleman Wiki
- Full Names: Dabney Wharton Coleman.
- Popular As: Dabney Coleman.
- Gender: Male.
- Occupation / Profession: Actor.
- Nationality: American.
- Race / Ethnicity: White.
- Religion: Not Known.
- Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Dabney Coleman Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 90 Years Old.
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn.
- Date of Birth: January 3rd, 1932.
- Place of Birth: Austin, Texas, United States.
- Birthday: January 3rd.
Dabney Coleman Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Pending Update.
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 meters).
- Weight: 53 kg (116 Ibs).
- Eye Color: Blue.
- Hair Color: Salt-And-Pepper.
- Shoe Size: Pending Update.
Dabney Coleman Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Melvin Randolph.
- Mother: Mary Wharton Coleman.
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Pending Update.
- Marital Status: Divorced.
- Ex-Wife/Spouse: Ann Courtney Harrell(1957- 1959), Jean Hale(1961- 1984).
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable.
- Children: Kelly, Randy, Quincy.
Dabney Coleman Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $5 million dollars as of 2022
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Acting Career
Dabney Coleman Career
Coleman is a character actor with roles in well over 60 movies and television programs to his credit. He trained with Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theater in New York City from 1958 to 1960.
Early roles in his profession included a U.S. Olympic skiing team coach in the 1969 Downhill Racer, a high-ranking fire chief in The Towering Inferno (1974), and a wealthy Westerner in Bite the Bullet (1975). He portrayed an FBI agent in Attack on Terror: The FBI vs. the Ku Klux Klan (1975).
Coleman landed the main antagonist part of Franklin Hart, Jr., a sexist boss on whom three female office employees get their revenge in the 1980 film 9 to 5. It was this film that established Coleman in the character type with which he is most identified, and has frequently played since a comic relief villain.
Coleman followed 9 to 5 with the role of the arrogant, sexist, soap opera director in Tootsie (1982), further enforcing audiences’ identification of him as a smarmy, devious foil to a film’s main character. He broke from this type somewhat, however, in several other film roles.
Coleman appeared in the feature film On Golden Pond (1981), playing the fiancé of Chelsea Thayer Wayne (Jane Fonda), he also played a military computer scientist in WarGames (1983), a dual role as a loving, but busy father, and his son’s imaginary hero, in 1984’s Cloak & Dagger, and an aging cop who thinks he is terminally ill in the 1990 comedy Short Time.
Over the years, Coleman has always shifted between roles in serious drama and comedies, the latter of which often cast him as a variation of his 9 to 5 character. He received his first Emmy nomination for his lead role, as a skilled, but self-centered television host, in the critically acclaimed, though short-lived, TV series Buffalo Bill.
In 1987, he received an Emmy Award for his role in the TV movie Sworn to Silence. Coleman played a con artist Broadway producer in The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984), a lisping Hugh Hefner-ish magazine mogul in the comedy Dragnet (1987), Bobcat Goldthwait’s boss in the 1988 talking-horse comedy Hot to Trot, and befuddled banker Milburn Drysdale in the feature film The Beverly Hillbillies (1993), the last of which reunited him with 9 to 5 co-stars Lilly Tomlin and Dolly Parton.
Continuing his streak of comic foils, Coleman played Charles Grodin’s sleazy boss, Gerald Ellis, in Clifford (1994), co-starring Martin Short. From 1997 to 2001, he provided the voice of Principal Prickly on the animated series Recess.
Coleman also played a philandering father in You’ve Got Mail (1998). He appeared as a casino owner in 2005’s Domino. He received acclaim as Burton Fallin in the TV series The Guardian (2001–2004). For two seasons, from 2010 to 2011, he was a series regular on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire.
His most recent roles were a small part in Warren Beatty’s Howard Hughes comedy Rules Don’t Apply in 2016, and a guest role as Kevin Costner‘s dying father in Yellowstone, in 2018. Coleman received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on November 6, 2014.
Dabney Coleman 9 to 5
Coleman plays the role of Franklin M. Hart, Jr. in the 1980 American comedy film, 9 to 5. According to the film, Dabney(Franklin) is an ‘egotistical, lying, and hypocritical bigot’ boss. Jane Florida, Lily Tomlin, and Dolly Parton star in the film working under Dabney.
In addition to that, a television series of the same name based on the film ran for five seasons. Apart from that, a musical version of 9 to 5 with new songs by Parton debuted on April 30th, 2009.
Dabney Coleman Yellowstone
Coleman plays the role of John Dulton in the 2019 American drama television series, Yellowstone. The series debuted on June 20, 2018, on the Paramount Network. It follows the conflicts due to the shared borders of a large cattle ranch, an Indian reservation, and developers.
According to the film, John Dulton is making a guest appearance in the film. In February 2020, the series was renewed for a fourth season even before its third season.
Dabney Coleman NCIS
Coleman plays the role of Captain Louis Kaeshner in the 2019 American action police procedural television series, NCIS.
NCIS revolves around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS). In May 2020, CBS renewed the series for an eighteenth season.
Dabney Coleman Health
During an interview for an upcoming Random Roles with Coleman. Contributor Will Harris learned something that wasn’t exactly public knowledge. Dabney’s real-life diagnosis with throat cancer, which occasionally affected his ability to speak. According to Coleman, “They said, ‘We can’t risk this. We’ve gotta get rid of him. We don’t know what’s gonna happen with this guy. He could drop dead in reality! And then where are we?'”—a fear that Coleman believes (in a self-admitted “educated guess) led to them writing him off the show.
As we’d never heard anything about Coleman being diagnosed with cancer before or how it might have affected the series—and “by the way, I don’t have cancer anymore, thanks for asking,” Coleman adds, so that’s
Dabney Coleman Movies
- The Slender Thread as Charlie
- This Property Is Condemned as Salesman
- The Scalphunters as Jed
- The Trouble with Girls as Harrison Wilby
- Downhill Racer as Mayo
- I Love My Wife as Frank Donnelly
- Cinderella Liberty as Executive Officer
- The Dove as Charles Huntley
- The Towering Inferno as SFFD deputy chief 1
- Black Fist as Heineken
- Bite the Bullet as Jack Parker
- The Other Side of the Mountain as Dave McCoy
- Midway as Captain Murray Arnold
- Viva Knievel! as Ralph Thompson
- Rolling Thunder as Maxwell
- The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2 as Dave McCoy
- Go Tell the Spartans as a Helicopter pilot
- North Dallas Forty as Emmett Hunter
- Nothing Personal as Dickerson
- How to Beat the High Cost of Living as Jack Heintzel
- Melvin and Howard as Judge Keith Hayes
- 9 to 5 as Franklin M. Hart, Jr.
- Pray TV as Marvin Fleece
- On Golden Pond as Dr. Bill Ray
- Modern Problems as Mark Winslow
- Young Doctors in Love as Dr. Joseph Prang
- Tootsie as Ron
- WarGames as Dr. John McKittrick
- The Muppets Take Manhattan as Martin Price / Murray Plotsky
- Cloak & Dagger as Jack Flack / Hal Osborne
- The Man with One Red Shoe as Burton Cooper
- Dragnet as Jerry Caesar
- Hot to Trot as Walter Sawyer
- Where the Heart Is as Stewart McBain
- Short Time as Burt Simpson
- Meet the Applegates as Aunt Bea
- There Goes the Neighborhood as Jeffrey Babbitt
- Amos & Andrew as Police Chief Cecil Tolliver
- The Beverly Hillbillies as Milburn Drysdale
- Clifford as Gerald Ellis
- Judicial Consent as Charles Mayron
- Witch Way Love as Joel
- You’ve Got Mail as Nelson Fox
- Giving It Up as Jonathan Gallant
- Inspector Gadget as Police Chief Quimby
- Stuart Little as Dr. Beechwood
- Taken as Ethan Grover
- Recess: School’s Out as Principal Peter Prickly
- The Climb as Mack
- Moonlight Mile as Mike Mulcahey
- Where the Red Fern Grows as Grandpa
- Domino as Drake Bishop
- Hard Four Spray as Loomis
- Rules Don’t Apply as Raymond Holliday
Dabney Coleman Television Shows
- Naked City as Resident
- The Outer Limits as Dr. Williams / Lt. Howard / James Custer
- Alfred Hitchcock Hour as Tom Esterow
- The Fugitive as Steve / Officer George Graham / Floyd / Sergeant Keith
- The Donna Reed Show as Rallye Master
- That Girl as Dr. Leon Bessemer
- The Invaders as John Carter / Capt. Mitchell Ross
- Dundee and the Culhane as Sheriff Wrenn
- The Invaders as Captain Mitchell Ross / John Carter
- Bonanza as Ivar Peterson / Clyde
- The Mod Squad as John
- The Brotherhood of the Bell as Agent Shepard
- The President’s Plane Is Missing as Sen. Bert Haines
- Columbo as Hugh Creighton / Detective Murray
- Bad Ronald as Mr. Wood
- Kojak as Alex Linden
- McMillan & Wife as Walter Jennings / Hansen
- Attack on Terror: The FBI vs. the Ku Klux Klan as Paul Mathison
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show as Congressman Phil Whitman
- Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman as Merle Jeeter
- Fernwood Tonight as Merle Jeeter, Mayor of Fernwood
- Quincy, M.E. as Officer Peter O’Neil / Dr. Burt Travers
- Apple Pie as “Fast Eddie” Murtaugh
- Maneaters Are Loose! as McCallum
- Different Strokes as Fred Tanner
- Buffalo Bill as Bill Bittinger
- Fresno as Tyler Cane
- Murrow as CBS President William S. Paley
- The Slap Maxwell Story as Slap Maxwell
- Never Forget as William Cox
- Columbo as Hugh Creighton
- Drexell’s Class as Otis Drexell
- Madman of the People as Jack “Madman” Buckner
- The Magic School Bus as Horace Scope
- Recess as Principal Peter Prickly
- Jumanji as Ashton Phillips
- My Date with the President’s Daughter as President Richmond
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie as Lieutenant Kevin Stolper
- The Guardian as Burton Fallin
- Courting Alex as Bill Rose
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series as Principal Peter Prickly
- Heartland as Dr. Bart Jacobs
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Frank Hager
- Pound Puppies as Mayor Jerry
- Boardwalk Empire as Commodore Louis Kaestner
- Ray Donovan as Mr. Price
- NCIS as Cpl. John Sidney
- For the People (2018 TV Series) as Donald Newman
- Yellowstone as John Dutton Sr
Frequent Asked Questions About Dabney Coleman
Dabney Coleman is an American actor. He is well known for his role in various films including The Towering Inferno (1974), 9 to 5 (1980), On Golden Pond (1981), Tootsie (1982), WarGames (1983), Cloak & Dagger (1984), The Beverly Hillbillies (1993), You’ve Got Mail (1998), Recess: School’s Out (2001), Moonlight Mile (2002), and Rules Don’t Apply (2016).
Coleman is an American national born on January 3, 1932, in Austin, Texas.
Coleman stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 meters)
Yes, Coleman was married and divorced twice. He was first married to Ann Courtney Harrell from 1957 to 1959 and then married Jean Hale from 1961 to 1984.
Coleman has an approximate net worth of $5 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Dabney’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Because of security reasons, Coleman has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Coleman is alive and in good health. He was diagnosed with throat cancer but during a 2012 interview, he confessed to having healed.
Coleman is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry. He is well known for his role in various films including The Towering Inferno, 9 to 5, On Golden Pond, Tootsie, WarGames, Cloak & Dagger, The Beverly Hillbillies, You’ve Got Mail, Recess: School’s Out, Moonlight Mile, and Rules Don’t Apply.
Dabney Coleman Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Christina Coleman
- Alex Coleman
- Nathan Coleman
- Des Coleman
- Erin Coleman
- Taylor Sheridan
- Chloe Coleman
- Ed Coleman
Featured Famous Actors.
- Alex Aniston
- Alex Roe
- Alexander Dobrev
- Andrew Wilson
- Anthony Zerbe
- Ben Feldman
- Brendan Coyle
- Bruce Dern
- Cameron Britton
- Chris Potter
- Christian Kane
- Christian Keyes
- Chuck Connors
- Colin Morgan
- Corinne Foxx
- Cory Hardrict
- Daniel Davis
- David James Elliott
- Erik Stocklin
- Fred Dryer
- Gary Burghoff
- Gaten Matarazzo
- Gerald Mcraney
- Glen Powell
- Graham Wardle
- James Caan
- James Ransone
- Jeremy Allen White
- Jeremy Maguire
- John Hawkes
- Jon Seda
- Jordan Bridges
- Josh Lucas
- Judd Nelson
- Kevin Mcgarry
- Kim Darby
- Laroyce Hawkins
- Lucas Black
- Luke Wilson
- Lyle Lovett
- Manny Montana
- Mark Harmon
- Mary Stuart Masterson
- Matt Czuchry
- Max Baer Jr
- Michael Beach
- Michael Wayans
- Milo Manheim
- Mollie Hemingway
- Nolan Gould
- Orlando Jones
- Peter Bergman
- Peter Graves
- Peyton Alex Smith
- Richard Chamberlain
- Russell Johnson
- Scott Caan
- Spencer Treat Clark
- Steelo Brim
- Steven Anthony Lawrence
- Taylor Kinney
- Telly Savalas
- Tim Roth
- Titus Welliver
- Tobias Menzies
- Tom York
- Valente Rodriguez
- Wes Ramsey
- William Fichtner
- Woody Mcclain