Dare Art Alade Biography
Dare Art Alade popularly known as Darey, is a Nigerian multi-platinum selling and award-winning musician, singer-songwriter, and Idol series judge.
Dare Art Alade was born in Lagos to legendary Nigerian Jazz pioneer Art Alade and Olapeju Alade. As a child, he used to rummage through his father’s extensive jazz collection and tag along with him to his concerts. These early experiences gave him his first taste of ‘showbiz’.
Dare honed his skills at an early age, singing with several choirs, including the National Troupe of Nigeria Choir and then the Cathedral Choir. From the age 15, he began performing extensively in clubs around Lagos, Ibadan and other cities in Nigeria. It was during one of those late night sessions he met an executive at Cool FM, a major Radio station, who appreciated his voice, and his ability to interact with his audience. The determined teenager began shuttling between Cool FM and the University of Lagos where he was studying for a degree in Music, and sang with the a cappella group The Chordwebs. During his time at Cool FM, he had the opportunity to acquire the basic knowledge of radio production and marketing.
Darey has over almost the past decade been a disc jockey, TV presenter, entertainment consultant, voice over artist and performing/recording artist.
Darey supports several causes close to his heart including Cancer charities, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and several foundations in Africa. He also set up the Art Foundation, whose main goal is to keep music education alive for kids in primary and secondary schools in Africa.
Dare Art Alade Father
He is the son of the renowned Nigerian entertainer, Art Alade.
- 2009 – Best Male Video – Not The Girl – Channel O Music Video Awards
- 2009 – Best R&B Video – Not The Girl – Channel O Music Video Awards
- 2009 – Best R&B – Not The Girl – Nigerian Music Video Awards
- 2009 – Best Use of Costume – More – Nigerian Music Video Awards
- 2009 – Video of the Year – More – Nigerian Music Video Awards
- 2009 – Best Music Video of the Year – Not The Girl – Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2006 – Best R&B Video – Escalade – Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best Picture / Musical Video – Escalade – Awards for Musical excellence in Nigeria (A.M.E.N)
- 2011 – Recording of the Year – The Way You Are – The Headies
- 2011 – Best R&B Single of the Year – The Way You Are – The Headies
- 2015 – Best Male Artiste: Inspirational – Pray For Me – All Africa Music Award
Dare Art Alade Songs
- With This Woman
- Carry Dey Go featuring 2Face Idibia
- Not The Girl
- No Stars
- Let You Know
- Style Na Style Remix ft. 9ice, Password & Jesse Jagz
- Stroke Me
- The Way You Are
- Don’t Let Me Know
- Ba Ni Ki Di
- Sisi Eko
- The Way You Are (Remix) ft Chamillionaire
- Special Fever
- Asiko Laiye (Remix) ft Olamide
- Pray For Me ft Soweto Gospel Choir
Darey Music Video
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.