Dido (Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O’Malley Armstrong) was born on 25th December 1971 in Kensington, London, United Kingdom. She is an English singer and Songwriter.
Dido Education Background
She attended Thornhill Primary School in Islington, Dallington School, City of London Girls’ and Westminster School. She was later enrolled at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
She studied law at Birkbeck, University of London although she never completed her degree.
In 1995, Dido began recording 10 demo tracks which were put together on a collection entitled Odds & Ends and sent out by Nettwerk management. Nettwerk had signed her after she was brought to their attention by her collaborations with Faithless, the UK dance act spearheaded by her brother, Rollo Armstrong. In the late1996 she was signed in the USA by A&R Peter Edge at Arista Records
In addition to her solo work, Dido has co-written and provided vocals for tracks with Faithless, including “One Step Too Far”—which was released in the UK as a limited edition single, where it debuted at number six—and “No Roots”, the title track of the fourth Faithless album. Rollo—Dido’s brother—co-writes and co-produces much of Dido’s solo material, including many tracks on No Angel, Life for Rent and Safe Trip Home.
- 1999: No Angel.
- 2003: Life for Rent
- 2008: Safe Trip Home
- 2013: Girl Who Got Away
- Here With Me (radio edit)
- Don’t Think of Me
- My Lover’s Gone
- All You Want
- Thank You
- Honestly OK
- I’m No Angel
- My Life
- Take My Hand
- White Flag
- Life for Rent
- Mary’s in India
- See You When You’re 40
- Don’t Leave Home
- Who Makes You Feel
- Sand in My Shoes
- Do You Have a Little Time
- This Land Is Mine
- See the Sun
- Don’t Believe in Love
- Quiet Times
- Never Want to Say It’s Love
- Grafton Street
- It Comes and It Goes
- Look No Further
- Us 2 Little Gods
- The Day Before the Day
- Let’s Do the Things We Normally Do
- Burnin Love
- Northern Skies
- For One Day
- Northern Skies (Rollo mix)
- 2001: Top 10 Best Selling Foreign Albums, ‘No Angel’ during the IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Awards.
- 2002: Song of the Year, Best Album, during the ASCAP Pop Music Awards.
- 2002: Best Newcomer during NRJ Awards.
- 2002: Best Album, ‘No Angel’ during NRJ Awards.
- 2002: World’s Best-Selling British Artist, World Music Awards
- 2002: World’s Best-Selling Pop Female Artist, World Music Awards.
- 2002: World’s Best-Selling Adult Contemporary Artist, World Music Awards.
- 2002: Worst Original Song, “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman”, Golden Raspberry Awards.
- 2002: Best British Female Artist, BRIT Awards.
- 2002: Best British Album,’No Angel’, BRIT Awards.
- 2003: Top 10 Best Selling Foreign Albums, ‘Life for Rent’, IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Awards.
- 2004: International Hit of the Year, “White Flag”, Ivor Novello Awards.
- 2004: Best International Artist, NRJ Awards.
- 2004: Best Album, ‘Life for Rent’, NRJ Awards.
- 2004: UK’s Best-Selling Artist, World Music Awards.
- 2004: Best British Single, “White Flag”, BRIT Awards
- 2004: Best British Female Artist,BRIT Awards.
- 2007: America Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Awards, UK Award
- 2007: Songwriter of The Year, Authors and Publishers Awards, UK Award.
- 2010: Best Song, “If I Rise”, Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards 2010.
- 2010: Best Song, “If I Rise”, Denver Film Critics Society Award 2010.
- In 2010 she married Rohan Gavin and in July 2011 she gave birth to her son, Stanley.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.