Donna Tartt Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Donna Tartt Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Donna Tartt
- 3 Donna Tartt Age
- 4 Donna Tartt Height
- 5 Donna Tartt Weight
- 6 Donna Tartt Education
- 7 Donna Tartt Parents and Siblings
- 8 Donna Tartt Husband
- 9 Donna Tartt Net Worth
- 10 Donna Tartt Measurements and Facts
- 11 Donna Tartt Author
- 12 Donna Tartt The Secret History
- 13 Donna Tartt Bibliography
- 14 Donna Tartt Awards and Achievements
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions About Donna Tartt
- 16 Donna Tartt Contacts
- 17 Related Biographies
- 18 Popular Posts
Donna Tartt is an American Author, who was born and brought up in Greenwood, Mississippi, United States of America. She is widely known for her novels ‘The Little Friend’ (2002) which earned her a WH Smith Literary Award and Orange Prize for Fiction shortlist, ‘The Goldfinch’ (2013), which won her the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction shortlist, and ‘The Secret History’ (1992) novel. She is also known for being included in ‘Time’ magazine list “100 Most Influential People” in 2014.
10 Quick Facts About Donna Tartt
- Name:Donna Tartt
- Age:57 years
- Birthday:57 years
- Zodiac Sign:Capricorn
- Height:5 feet 7 inches
- Marital Status:Single
- Salary:Under Review
- Net worth:$1.5 Million
Donna Tartt Age
Tartt is 57 years old as of 2020, she was born on 23 December 1963, in Greenwood, Mississippi, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 23 December every year and her birth sign is Capricorn.
Donna Tartt Height
Donna stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches.
Donna Tartt Weight
Tartt Weighs 58 kg.
Donna Tartt Education
Donna attended the University of Mississippi where she graduated in 1981. Her writing caught the attention of Willie Morris while she was a freshman. She was recommended by Moris. Barry Hannah who was by that time an Ole Miss writer-in-residence admitted Donna was at that time 18 years old into his graduate course on the short story. Following her recommendation by Morris, Donna joined Bennington College in 1983.
Donna Tartt Parents and Siblings
Donna was born to her parents Don Tartt and Taylor Tartt in Greenwood. Her father was a successful local politician while her mother was a secretary. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, it is not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Donna Tartt Husband
Tartt has been romantically linked to both Ellis and Nicholas Shakespeare in the past. Against all odds, she has so far managed to keep her private life secret. Disregarding all the demands and requests of her admirers, Donna is living a very low-key life. Moreover, she has successfully kept her marriage life far away from the media.
Many of her viewers question about her sexual orientation. This is due to her secretive nature. Currently, we cannot confirm the speculations and rumors about her sexuality. Well, she might be a married woman or worse still single. At the moment is prudent to keep speculating that the 56-year-old author is single.
Donna Tartt Net Worth
Donna has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an Author. Through her various sources of income, Tartt has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Donna Tartt Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Donna.
Donna Tartt Wiki
- Full Names: Donna Louise Tartt
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Author
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Not Known
- Age / How Old?: 57 years (2021)
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: 23 December 1963
- Place of Birth: Greenwood, Mississippi, United States
- Birthday:57 years
Donna Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
- Weight: 58 kg (127 lbs)
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Black
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Tartt Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Don Tartt
- Mother: Taylor Tartt
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Single
- Husband/Spouse: Not Available
- Dating / Boyfriend: Single
- Children: To be Updated
Donna Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1.5 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author
Donna Tartt Author
Donna published her first novel titled The Secret History in the year 1992. It was well-received. Many considered her as a precocious literary genius, as she was just 29 years old. She set a high expectation of what she would publish next. Donna was in the year 2002, reportedly y working on a retelling of the myth of Daedalus and Icarus for the Canongate Myth Series, a series of novellas in which ancient myths are reimagined and rewritten by contemporary authors.
Donna’s short story titled The ambush was included in the Best American Short Stories 2006 in the year 2006. Donna’s 2013 novel titled The Gold finchstirred reviewers as to whether it eas literally novel. It was a controversy possibly based on its best-selling status. Donna is a convert to Catholicism.
Donna Tartt The Secret History
The Secret History is Donn’s first novel. It was published by Alfred A. Knopf in September 1992. It is set in New Engalnsy. The novel tells the story of a closely-knit group of six classics students at Hampden College. The novel received positive reviews from critics.
Donna Tartt Bibliography
Donna Tartt Novels
- 1992: The Secret History (Alfred A. Knopf)
- 2002: The Little Friend (Alfred A. Knopf)
- 2013: The Goldfinch (Little, Brown)
Donna Tartt Short Stories
- 1993: “Tam-O’-Shanter”, The New Yorker
- 1993: “A Christmas Pageant”, Harper’s
- 1995: “A Garter Snake”, GQ 65.5
- 2005: “The Ambush”, The Guardian
Donna Tartt Nonfiction
- 1992: “Sleepytown: A Southern Gothic Childhood, with Codeine”, Harper’s
- 1993: “Basketball Season” in The Best American Sports Writing, edited and with an introduction by Frank Deford, Houghton Mifflin
- 1994: “Team Spirit: Memories of Being a Freshman Cheerleader for the Basketball Team”, Harper’s
Donna Tartt Audio Books
- The Secret History
- The Little Friend (abridgement)
- True Grit (with an afterword expressing her love of the novel)
- Winesburg, Ohio (selection)
Donna Tartt Awards and Achievements
Donna is undoubtedly a fine author as outlined in the following awards:
- 2003: WH Smith Literary Award – The Little Friend
- 2003: Orange Prize for Fiction shortlist – The Little Friend
- 2013: National Book Critics Circle Award (fiction) shortlist – The Goldfinch
- 2014: Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction shortlist – The Goldfinch
- 2014: Pulitzer Prize for Fiction – The Goldfinch
- 2014: TIME 100 The 100 Most Influential People
- 2014: Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence for Fiction – The Goldfinch
- 2014: Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List, 2014
- 2014: Malaparte Prize (Italy) – The Goldfinch
Frequently Asked Questions About Donna Tartt
Who is Donna Tartt?
Donna Tartt is a renowned Author, who is widely known for her novel ‘The Little Friend’ (2002) which earned her a WH Smith Literary Award and Orange Prize for Fiction shortlist.
How old is Donna Tartt?
Tartt is an American national born on 23rd December 1963, in Greenwood MS.
How tall is Tartt?
Donna stands at a height of 1.70m.
Is Donna married?
Details about Tartt love life are still under review. We will let you know when she gets in a relationship or when we discover helpful information about her love life.
How much is Tartt worth?
Donna has an approximate net worth of $1.5 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Donna live?
Because of security reasons, Tartt has not shared her precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Is Tartt dead or alive?
Donna is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Donna Tartt Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Chris Ship Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Parents, Husband, ITV News and Net Worth.
- Kendall Toole Bio, Age, Wiki, Height, Husband, Parents and Net Worth
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Molly Quinn (Actress) Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Castle, Net Worth
- Ryan Gosling Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Kids, Movies, Drive, Notebook, and Net Worth.
- Kevin James Plank Bio, Age, Parents, Siblings, Net Worth, Height and Girlfriend
Featured Famous Models
- Alison Roman
- Amor Towles
- Anne Marie West
- Berniece Baker Miracle
- Bill Bryson
- Connie Willis
- Craig Johnson
- Dave Canterbury
- Delia Owens
- Doreen Virtue
- Douglas Murray
- Dr Joe Dispenza
- Dwayne Wayans
- Elizabeth Kloepfer
- Faye Resnick
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- Gigi Graham
- Gordon Keith
- Heather Lindsey
- Henry Lee
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Jen Wilkin
- Jentezen Franklin
- Jonathan Cahn
- Justine Musk
- Keith Ablow
- Lisa Harper
- Lori Gottlieb
- Lysa Terkeurst
- Mark Hemingway
- Marni Kinrys
- Mitch Glazer
- Molly Jong Fast
- Nancy Brinker
- Neal Barnard
- Patrick Madrid
- Paul Tassi
- Philip Yancey
- Reeve Lindbergh
- Rich Lowry
- Rich Wilkerson Jr
- Roderick Spencer
- Sandra Walker
- Sidra Smith
- Stormie Omartian
- Tara Westover
- Ted Williams
- Tiffany Cross
- Victor Davis Hanson
- Victoria Osteen