Best Nursing Colleges in Pretoria
Get Nursing college in pretoria here. Check them now.
Thuto Bophelo Nursing Academy Pty ltd
Required Documents For Enrolment as a Learner
Please download the Required Documents For Enrolment as a Learner here
Duration of Course
The duration of the course in ONE YEAR FULL TIME
The course consists of theory and practical work.
Medium of tuition is English
Course of Study
All theory is offered at the Academy
- Nursing History and Ethics
- Basic Nursing Care
- Elementary Nutrition
- First Aid
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Comprehensive Health Care
Practical competency will be accomplished at various health care institutions, where the learner must work at least 1,000 hours, according to the requirements of the South African Nursing Council.
The learner also receive basic computer training.
SG Laurens Nursing College
S G Lourens Nursing College, is a Information – Education healthcare organisation, in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
Ithemba Nursing Academy (Pty) Ltd
themba Nursing Academy (Pty) Ltd, a private nursing educational institution situated in Eersterust, east of Pretoria, was established in 2002 in response to the growing and evolving nursing training and education needs within the South African communities and beyond. The company is a 100% black owned business establishment, and was accredited by the South African Nursing Council, (Registration Number S1669) to offer two legacy qualifications, namely the one year Nursing Auxiliary Certificate (R2176) and the two year Enrolled Nursing certificate (R2175), which has now phased out.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Advisor Progressive College
The academy intends to offer the following courses with the criteria for applying listed underneath:
- Higher Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing: (1-year)
- National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification at exit level 4:
English Higher Grade – Level 3
Physical Sciences and/or Life Sciences – Level 4
Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy – Level 4
Computer Literacy – Level 3
- Diploma in Nursing: Staff Nurse: (3-years)
- National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification at exit level 3 and 4:
(National Senior Certificate subjects are same as the above)
- A candidate has to write a pre-selection test and undergo an interview prior to being considered for studies.
- A pass rate of 70% is a requirement for a pre-selection test prior that a candidate can be considered for an interview.
- Foreign qualifications should be verified with the South African Qualification Authority. A foreign candidate must have a valid study permit for the specific period.
- The Academy does not offer bursaries for prospective students.
- The Academy offers limited accommodation and a process is to be followed.
Healthnicon was established in March 1995 – Then called “The Private Nursing School” – and was one of the first privately owned nursing schools in South Africa to be accredited by the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
Nanny / Au Pair
Through this programme candidates will acquire competencies and be able to implement activities in minding children effectively.
Infection Prevention and Control
The purpose of the programme is to ensure competency of the housekeeper to be able to prevent and control infections in a healthcare environment.
During the programme candidates are exposed to various fields within the healthcare industry that would assist them with broadening their career path in the healthcare industry.
House Manager / Butler
Through this programme competencies required to provide a comprehensive home-care service will be enhanced.
The programme aims to create a structured learning experience by providing learning activities to equip health workers with the relevant knowledge and skills to mainly assist the registered nurse in the care of the paediatric patient
The programme aims to create a structured learning experience by providing learning activities to equip health workers with the relevant knowledge and skills to mainly assist the registered nurse in the care of the geriatric patient.
The programme aims to create a structured learning experience by providing learning activities to equip health workers with the relevant knowledge and skills to mainly assist the registered nurse in the care of the orthopaedic patient.
Bridging course for enrolled Nurses leading to registration as a General Nurse. On completion of this program the Registered Nurse will be able to work in Hospitals, Clinics and Care Centres.
All Nursing education institutions (NEI’s) are still in the process of accreditation for the new nursing qualifications. Click here for more information.
Mpilo Royal College of Health Education
- Basic Pharmacist Assistance NQF Level 3
- Health Promotion Officer OQF Level 3
- Nursing Courses
- Community Health Care Level 4
Ann Latsky Nursing College
What does a career in nursing entail?
Nursing, as a profession, is based on scientific knowledge which is acquired during the four years of study at a nursing college.
This knowledge will equip nurses to help prevent disease, to educate people on health issues, enhance health and support ill patients both physically and psychologically. As a dedicated health care professional, you will be required to treat every patient as an individual and consider all aspects of the patient e.g. their physical, psychological and social well-being.
- South African Nursing Council
- Preoria Technical College
- Rostec Technical Fet College
- Pretoria Technical College
- Lebone College of Emergency Care
- Pretoria Technical College
- Damelin – Pretoria City Campus
- MSC Business College
- Berea Nurses Institute
Government Nursing Colleges in Pretoria
- SG Lourens Nursing College
- Thuto Bophelo Nursing Academy Pty Ltd
- Ithemba Nursing Academy (Pty) Ltd
- South African Nursing Council
- Ann Latsky Nursing College
- Pretoria Teaching College
- EDUSA College
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College