Ellen Barkin Biography
Ellen Barkin is an American Producer and Actress. Her leap forward job was in the 1982 film Diner, and in the next years, she had to feature jobs in movies, for example, Tender Mercies (1983), The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension (1984), The Big Easy (1987), Johnny Handsome and Sea of Love (both 1989).
In 1991, for her driving job in the film Switch, Barkin got a Golden Globe selection for Best Actress. Her resulting film credits include: Man Trouble, Into the West (both 1992), This Boy’s Life (1993), Bad Company, Wild Bill (both 1995), The Fan (1996), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999), Crime and Punishment in Suburbia (2000), Palindromes (2004), Trust the Man (2005), Ocean’s Thirteen (2007), Brooklyn’s Finest (2009), and The Cobbler (2014).
In 1997, Barkin got a Primetime Emmy Award for her exhibition in the TV film Before Women Had Wings. In 2011, she got the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her Broadway theater debut in The Normal Heart. Since 2016, Barkin has assumed the main job of Janine “Smurf” Cody on the TNT dramatization arrangement: Animal Kingdom.
Ellen Barkin Age
Ellen was born on April 16, 1954, in the Bronx, New York, United States of America.
Ellen Barkin Family
Ellen is the daughter of Evelyn and Sol Barkin. Evelyn worked as a hospital administrator at Jamaica Hospital while Sol Barkin worked as a chemical salesman.
Barkin has a brother, George, who was formerly the editor-in-chief of National Lampoon and High Times. Her family was Jewish emigrants from Siberia and the Belarusian-Polish border.
Ellen Barkin Husband
Ellen first married Gabriel Byrne an actor, later in 1993 they separated and got divorced in 1999 (but they are still close). In 2002, Ellen got married to a multi-billionaire Ronald Perelman where their marriage ended in a messy divorce in 2006.
Barkin has two children with Gabriel Byrne; Jack Daniels born 1989 and Romy Marion born 1992.
Ellen Barkin Career
Her break-out job was in the parody show movie Diner (1982), composed and coordinated by Barry Levinson, for which she got great audits. Barkin was cast in the show movie Tender Mercies (1983) in the wake of awing its executive Bruce Beresford during a tryout in New York City, in spite of her freshness and his absence of commonality with her work. Robert Duvall, who assumed the lead job in Tender Mercies, said of Barkin, “She carries genuine validity to that part, in addition to she was youthful and alluring and had a specific feeling of edge, a risk to her that was useful for that part.” She likewise showed up in the 1983 shake and move dramatization film Eddie and the Cruisers.
Barkin later showed up in a few fruitful movies, including the spine chillers The Big Easy (1987), inverse Dennis Quaid and Sea of Love (1989), inverse Al Pacino. Barkin likewise showed up in off-Broadway plays, including a job as one of the flatmates in Extremities, about a proposed assault-injured individual played by Susan Sarandon who reverses the situation on her assailant. About her exhibition, in the play, Eden Court, The New York Times pundit Frank Rich outlined: “In the event that it was extremely conceivable to give the kiss of life to a body, the on-screen character Ellen Barkin would be the one to do it. In Eden Court, the hopeless play that has carried her to the Promenade Theater, Miss Barkin is tantalizingly alive from her bobbing fair pigtail to the long legs that rotate uncontrollably and automatically every time an Elvis Presley record plays in front of an audience”.
Barkin has additionally done work in made-for-TV movies like Before Women Had Wings (1997), for which she won an Emmy as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie and The White River Kid (1999). She voiced the beginning of each Theme Time Radio Hour with host Bob Dylan on XM’s “Profound Tracks”. In 2005, Barkin set up a film creation organization with her sibling, George, alongside her better half at the time and tycoon financial specialist, Ronald Perelman.
Barkin showed up in her Broadway debut as Dr. Brookner in The Normal Heart, for which she won the 2011 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play. Barkin has gotten approval for her presentation in Another Happy Day. IndieWire referred to her turn as a standout amongst the best female exhibitions of the year. In 2015, she featured as Dani Kirschenbloom, in the Showtime satire dramatization arrangement Happyish. In 2016, Barkin started featuring as Janine “Smurf” Cody, the wrongdoing family’s matron, in the TNT dramatization series the Animal Kingdom. The arrangement depends on the 2010 Australian film where Smurf was played by Jacki Weaver.
Ellen Barkin Net Worth
Ellen as an American Emmy-winning film, television and theatre actress, has an estimated net worth of $60 million.
Ellen Barkin Movies
- 2017 Active Adults, Lucy
- 2016 Hands of Stone, Stephanie Arcel
- 2014 The Cobbler, Elaine Greenawalt
- 2013, Very Good Girls, Norma Berger
- 2011 Another Happy Day, Lynn Hellman
- 2010 Twelve, Mrs. Brayson
- 2010 The Chameleon, Kimberly Miller
- 2010 Shit Year, Colleen West
- 2010 Operation: Endgame, Empress
- 2009 Brooklyn’s Finest, Agent Smith
- 2009 Happy Tears, Shelly
- 2007 Ocean’s Thirteen, Abigail Sponder
- 2005 Trust the Man, Norah
- 2004 She Hate Me, Margo Chadwick
- 2004 Palindromes, Joyce Victor
- 2004 Ocean’s Twelve, Abigail Sponder
- 2001 Someone Like You, Diane Roberts
- 2000 Crime and Punishment in Suburbia, Maggie Skolnick
- 2000 Mercy, Det. Cathy Palmer
- 1999 Drop Dead Gorgeous, Annette Atkins
- 1999 The White River Kid, Eva Nell La Fangory
- 1998 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Waitress at North Star Cafe
- 1996 The Fan, Jewel Stern
- 1996 Mad Dog Time, Rita Everly
- 1995 Bad Company, Margaret Wells
- 1995 Wild Bill, Calamity Jane
- 1993 This Boy’s Life, Caroline Wolff Hansen
- 1992 Mac, Oona Goldfarb
- 1992 Man Trouble, Joan Prince
- 1992 Into the West, Kathleen
- 1991 Switch, Amanda Brooks
- 1989 Johnny Handsome, Sunny Boyd
- 1989 Sea of Love, Helen Cruger
- 1987 The Big Easy, Anne Osborne
- 1987 Made in Heaven, Lucille
- 1987 Siesta, Claire
- 1986 Desert Bloom, Aunt Starr
- 1986 Down by Law, Laurette
- 1985 Terminal Choice, Mary O’Connor
- 1984 Harry & Son, Kate Wilowski
- 1984 The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, Penny Priddy
- 1983 Tender Mercies, Sue Ann
- 1983 Daniel, Phyllis Isaacson
- 1983 Enormous Changes at the Last Minute, Virginia
- 1983 Eddie and the Cruisers, Maggie Foley
- 1982 Diner, Beth Schreiber
- 1978 Up in Smoke, Woman playing guitar
- TBA Breaking News in Yuba County
- 2017 The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Sasha Walz
- 2016–the present Animal Kingdom, Janine “Smurf” Cody
- 2015 Happyish, Dani Kirschenbloom
- 2012 Modern Family, Mitzi Roth
- 2012–2013 The New Normal, Jane Forrest
- 2001 King of the Hill, Lenore (voice)
- 1997 Before Women Had Wings, Glory Marie Jackson
- 1988 Clinton and Nadine, Nadine Powers
- 1986 Act of Vengeance, Annette Gilly
- 1986 The Princess Who Had Never Laughed, Princess Henrietta
- 1984 Terrible Joe Moran, Ronnie
- 1982 Parole, Donna
- 1981 Kent State, Student
- 1981 We’re Fighting Back, Chris Capoletti
Ellen Barkin Awards
- 2011 Won -Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play “The Normal Heart”
- 1998 Won -Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television Before Women Had Wings (1997) (TV Movie)
Sant Jordi Awards
- 1988 Won -Best Foreign Actress (Mejor Actriz Extranjera), The Big Easy (1986)
Golden Globes, USA
- 1998 Nominated -Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV Before Women Had Wings (1997) (TV Movie) –
- 1998 Nominated, -Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical, Switch (1991)
- 1998 Won -Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie, Before Women Had Wings (1997) (TV Movie)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
- 1997 Won -Favorite Supporting Actress – Adventure/Drama The Fan (1996)
Frequently Asked Questions About Ellen Barkin
Who is Ellen?
Barkin is an American actress and producer.
How old is Ellen?
Ellen is 65 years old as of 2019. She was born in 1954.
How tall is Ellen?
Barkin stands at a height of 5’5″ (1.7 m)
Is Ellen married?
Barkin is married to her lovely husband
How much is Ellen worth?
Barkin as an accomplished journalist has an estimated net worth of $60 million
How much does Ellen make?
Where does Ellen live?
The Bronx, New York, United States
Is Ellen dead or alive?
Barkin is still alive and in good health.
Where is Ellen now?
Actress and Producer
Ellen Barkin In Animal Kingdom
Ellen Barkin Twitter
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.