Alun Armstrong Biography
Alun Armstrong (Alan Armstrong) was born on 17th July 1946 in Annfield Plain, United Kingdom. He is an actor who plays both theatre and television films.
Alun Armstrong Theatre
He has acted in many theatre productions.One of his early roles was Billy Spencer in David Storey’s play The Changing Room at the Royal Court Theatre in 1971. In 1975 he played Touchstone in As You Like It at the Nottingham Playhouse.
He spent nine years with the Royal Shakespeare Company from 1979 to 1988. On tour and at the Donmar Warehouse in 1979–80, he played Dogberry in Much Ado About Nothing and Azdak in The Caucasian Chalk
In 1981, Armstrong joined the cast of the eight-hour production of The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby as Wackford Squeers. The company went on tour to perform on Broadway at the Plymouth
Theatre. The play was filmed for television at the Old Vic Theatre in 1982.
Alun Armstrong Movies and TV shows
- 2003 – 2015: New Tricks
- 2001: The Mummy Returns
- 1995: Braveheart
- 2004: Van Helsing
- 2008: Little Dorrit
- 2006: Eragon
- 2009 – 2011: Garrow’s Law
- 2005: Bleak House
- Since 2016: Frontier
- 1983: Krull
- 1994: Black Beauty
- 2005: Oliver Twist
- 1999: Sleepy Hollow
- 1971: Get Carter
- 1992: Patriot Games
- 1997: The Saint
- 1977: The Duellists
- 1992: Split Second
- 1999: Onegin
- 2001: Strictly Sinatra
- 2000: Proof of Life
- 1990: White Hunter Black Heart
- 2010: A Passionate Woman
- 1995: An Awfully Big Adventure
- 2003: It’s All About Love
- 2002: Harrison’s Flowers
- 1981: The French Lieutenant’s Woman
- 1991: London Kills Me
- 1991: American Friends
- 1999: David Copperfield
- 2016: Golden Years
- 1996: Our Friends in the North
- 2003: Between the Sheets
- 1977: A Bridge Too Far
- 1995: Les Misérables: The Dream Cast in Concert
- 2004: Millions
- 2002: Sparkhouse
- 2000: This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire
- 1978 – 1981: A Sharp Intake of Breath
- 2010: Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary
- 2017: Prime Suspect 1973
- 2003: Paradise Found
- 2003: Carrie’s War
- 2008: Filth: The Mary Whitehouse Story
- 2004: Van Helsing: The London Assignment
- 1977: Our Day Out
- Since 2001: Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years
- 1985: Billy the Kid and the Green Baize Vampire
- 1975: The Stars Look Down
- 2004: When I’m 64
- 1991: Murder in Eden
Alun Armstrong Les Miserables
In the autumn of 1985, Armstrong took on what is perhaps his best-known stage role: Thénardier in the original London production of Les Misérables. Thénardier and his wife, played by Susan Jane Tanner, are innkeepers whose shady practices are revealed in the song “Master of the House.” Armstrong described Thénardier as “a gruesome and comic character.”
Sue Armstrong Alun Armstrong
Sue Armstrong is her wife and they have three children Joe Armstrong, Tom Armstrong and Dan Armstrong.
Alun Armstrong Son
Joe is an actor popularly known for his roles notable television roles include Allan A Dale in three series of Robin Hood, Hotspur in Henry IV, Part I, Ashley Cowgill in Happy Valley and Bairstow in The Village.
Alun Armstrong Photo
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.