Álvaro Morte Biography
Álvaro Morte (Álvaro Antonio García) is a Spanish actor known mainly for his roles in television series Sergio Marquina “El Profesor” in La casa de papel,Incarnated Gabriel Areta in Amar es para siempre,Lucas Moliner in El secreto de Puente Viejo .
Born February 23 1975 the actor founded a theatre company in 2012 called the 300 Pistolas and began directing plays such as El lazarillo de Tormes, Tres hats de Copa , La Casa de Bernarda Alba or El perro del hotel no.In his television career, his most important roles have been in the series: La casa de Papel , El Secreto de Puente Viejo and Amar es para siempre, all of them aired on Antena 3 .His role in La casa de papel as earned him the nomination for three awards during 2018: Feroz Award for Best Leading Actor in a Series, Actor’s Award for Best Leading Actor and Zapping Award a Better actor.
Other Personalities: Alba Flores
Álvaro Morte Age
Born on 23 February 1975 Morte is 44 years of age as of 2019. Morte began his acting career when he played a minor role in the Spanish television series Hospital Central. He went on to play the roles of Ray in the Spanish television series Planta 25, Adolfo Castillo in the Spanish television series Bandolera, Gabriel Areta in the Spanish soap opera Amar en Tiempos revueltos, Lucas Moliner in the Spanish telenovela El Secreto de Puente Viejo.
Álvaro Morte Net Worth
As of 2018 Morte has an estimated net worth of $1.7 Million
Álvaro Morte Money Heist
In Money Heist Morte plays the character of a mysterious criminal mastermind known as “The Professor”.Professor plans the biggest bank heist in history. To carry out his well-schemed task he recruits a group of eight people with certain abilities who have nothing to lose, The plan being to enter the Royal Mint of Spain in Madrid, the capital of Spain, and print €2.4 billion in 11 days.
Álvaro Morte Esposa Image
Álvaro Morte Esposa/Wife
Morte is a reserved character as his fictional character. Little is known about his family but it is known that his wife is a stylist and the two have two children, the 3-year-old twins Leon and Juliet.Morte made his feature film debut when he played the minor role of Rafael Torres in the Spanish film Lola, la película (2007). But, he had his first main role in a feature film when he played the role of David Ortiz in the Netflix Spanish film Mirage (2018). In 2019, he played the role of Óscar in the Movistar+ Spanish television series El embarcadero.
Álvaro Morte Instagram
Álvaro Morte Acting
In 2017, Morte played the role of Sergio “El Profesor” Marquina in the Antena 3 Spanish television series Money Heist, he was heavily praised for his portrayal of the character and has gained, along with the television series, worldwide fame. In late 2017, Netflix acquired the series and distributed it worldwide on its platform. The most recent part 3 was released in July 2019.
Morte made his feature film debut when he played the minor role of Rafael Torres in the Spanish film Lola, la película (2007). But, he had his first main role in feature film when he played the role of David Ortiz in the Netflix Spanish film Mirage (2018). In 2019, he played the role of Óscar in the Movistar+ Spanish television series El embarcadero.In addition to his acting work, Morte owns a theatre company called 300 pistolas (English: 300 pistols), founded in 2012.
Álvaro Morte Speaking English
Álvaro Morte Actor
Álvaro Morte Movies And Tv Shows
Money Heist (TV Series)
– Astray (2019) … El Profesor
– A Quick Vacation (2019) … El Profesor
– Everything Seemed Insignificant (2019) … El Profesor
– The Red Boxes (2019) … El Profesor
– Boom, Boom, Ciao (2019) … El Profesor
Show all 23 episodes
2019The Pier (TV Series)
– Episode #1.8 (2019) … Óscar
– Episode #1.6 (2019) … Óscar
– Episode #1.7 (2019) … Óscar
– Episode #1.5 (2019) … Óscar
– Episode #1.4 (2019) … Óscar
Show all 8 episodes
2014-2017El secreto de Puente Viejo (TV Series)
– Episode #1.1500 (2017) … Lucas Moliner
– Episode #1.1494 (2017) … Lucas Moliner
– Episode #1.1491 (2017) … Lucas Moliner
– Episode #1.1485 (2017) … Lucas Moliner
– Episode #1.1479 (2016) … Lucas Moliner
Show all 92 episodes
2014Love in Difficult Times (TV Series)
– Episode #9.216 (2014) … Gabriel Areta
– Episode #9.215 (2014) … Gabriel Areta
– Episode #9.214 (2014) … Gabriel Areta
– Episode #9.213 (2014) … Gabriel Areta
– Episode #9.209 (2014) … Gabriel Areta
Show all 32 episodes
2014Víctor Ros (TV Series)
– El misterio de la Casa Aranda (2014) … Donato Vergel
2014El Príncipe (TV Series)
– Haz lo que tengas que hacer (2014)
2014Bienvenidos al Lolita (TV Mini-Series)
– El teorema del beso con lengua (2014)
– El hermano rarito de Garritas (2014)
– Lo verde empieza en los Pirineos (2014)
– Bienvenidos al Lolita (2014)
2012-2013Bandolera (TV Series)
– Episode #1.510 (2013) … Adolfo Castillo
– Episode #1.503 (2013) … Adolfo Castillo
– Episode #1.500 (2012) … Adolfo Castillo
– Episode #1.492 (2012) … Adolfo Castillo
– Episode #1.484 (2012) … Adolfo Castillo
Show all 14 episodes
2012La memoria del agua (TV Mini-Series)
– Episode #1.2 (2012)
– Episode #1.1 (2012)
2012Isabel (TV Series)
Soldado de Girón
– La negociación (2012) … Soldado de Girón (as Alvaro Morte)
2011Amores ciegos (Short)
2009-2010Cuéntame (TV Series)
– Calores de agosto (2010) … Toño
– El vuelo de Ícaro (2009) … Toño
– Los nombramientos siempre llegan en moto (2009) … Toño
– En las fiestas, paella (2009) … Toño
2010Las chicas de oro (TV Series)
– Un lecho de rosas (2010)
2009¡A ver si llego! (TV Series)
– Saliendo del armario. Atacan los bichos y un nuevo escándalo (2009) … Pablo
– Entre chinos, resucitados y campanas de boda (2009) … Pablo
– Sexo, venganza y actos oficiales (2009) … Pablo
– Guerra en el barrio y una cita a ciegas (2009) … Pablo
– ¡Te esperamos en el puesto! (2009) … Pablo
Show all 6 episodes
2008Aída (TV Series)
– Lleno, por favor (2008) … Jefe Gasolinera (as Álvaro Antonio)
2007-2008Planta 25 (TV Series)
– Episode #2.29 (2008) … Ray (as Álvaro A. García)
– Episode #2.28 (2008) … Ray (as Álvaro A. García)
– Secretos (2008) … Ray (as Álvaro Antonio García)
– Episode #2.27 (2008) … Ray (as Álvaro A. García)
– Pactar con el diablo (2008) … Ray (as Álvaro Antonio García)
Show all 64 episodes
2007Lola, la película
Rafael Torres (as Alvaro Antonio García)
2006Ignora (Short) (as Alvaro Antonio García)
2003La guarida del ermitaño (Short)
Alberto (as Alvaro Antonio García)
2003Los niños del jardín (Short) (as Alvaro Antonio García)
2002Policías, en el corazón de la calle (TV Series)
– Trabajos de día, de noche dolor (2002) … (as Álvaro Antonio García)
– Nadie ha consumado mi homicidio (2002) … (as Álvaro Antonio García)
– Mi voluntad puede matarme (2002) … (as Álvaro Antonio García)
2002Hospital Central (TV Series)
Bombero / Buzo
– El vuelo de la suerte (2002) … Bombero (as Álvaro Antonio García)
– El soldadito de plomo (2002) … Buzo (as Álvaro A
Álvaro Morte Interview
Alvaro in November 2018 had an interview with Alex Pina & Esther Martinez Lobato.
@struckbycolfer: how different is Alvaro Morte’s The Pier character from his Money Heist character?
Alvaro Morte: Oscar is different in every way. Every project needs a specific way to approach the character, the way you work their personality. He’s a guy whose love is divided between two women; Oscar is a bad good guy; El Profesor is a good bad guy!
@kingcros: can we expect a big improvement thinking about the visual concept Money Heist for season 3? I know they have more time and budget to make it even more spectacular…
Alvaro Morte: I was afraid to open up the story again, as it was pretty much closed (at the end of season 2). But now I’ve read the script, I’m sure it’s going to be a success.
@LacasadepapelC: Is it the first time you die in a series or film?
Alvaro Morte: It’s not my first death, but it’s the first time I start a project by being dead. It gives you lots of options in terms of plot and performance.
@Tefnetka: How did @AlvaroMorte prepare for his role of Oscar? Was there any particular challenge?
Alvaro Morte: It was difficult to get into Oscar’s emotional hurricane. I talked a lot with Jesus Colmenar, the director, about it. With this kind of team, you have to jump in at the deep end with closed eyes; but you have to trust them; you know it’s going to be great!
@d_nqd: Are we watch the movie in the Middle East ?#MIPCOMThePier or on Netflix?
(the team opted to answer this question with the angle of these Spanish shows’ international appeal)
Alvaro Morte: we had no idea Money Heist would be such a huge success worldwide. We hope the same thing for The Pier. You never know!
Alex Pina: Money Heist was a once in a lifetime experience in terms of global appeal! All our series talk about emotions, and emotions are universal, and that’s the appeal of the show.
@mnclubian : Can you tell us about your experience filming in La Albufera, Valencia?
Esther Martinez Lobato: We wanted to have the feeling of summer, and open up in terms of spaces after the confined nature of Money Heist.
Alvaro Morte: the landscape there is changing all the time, like within a relationship…
MIPBlog: How would you adapt a show like Money Heist or The Pier for a market like the US?
Alex Pina: There was an internal debate at Netflix about it, but it didn’t make sense, because they would have had two divisions (US and international) working against each other. But maybe it would make sense to make a specific version for a very different culture, like Korea or India.
Esther Lobato Martinez: In The Pier, it’s very linked to Christian and Western culture, to prejudices and morals. It questions the taming of the human soul. And in other cultures, leading a double life is more or less accepted
Alvaro Morte: the church tells us you have to love one person and that’s it. The question the series asks is: why can’t you have two or even three loves?
MIPBlog: The Pier has already been bought by TF1. What do French and Spanish audiences have in common?
Alex Pina: France is way ahead of Spain (when it comes to leading a double life)! That said, in Spain, when we talked to people about it, we found it was more common than we thought.
Esther Lobato Martinez: The female characters’ plotlines are very strong too, so it’s not just about the love triangle! It’s great that more and more series have strong female leads. It’s been a battle of ours for several years. With The Pier, we even had men come up to us and say they’d been moved by the female characters.
MIPBlog: Do you now have more freedom as a creator today compared with 5 or 10 years ago?
Alex Pina: Before, producers found writers. Now writers have more strength, as they can pitch projects more directly. I’ve always been very independent, despite working for a big company.
MIPBlog: Anything to add…?
Alvaro Morte: With The Pier, I was afraid of playing a polyamourous character! You start as a man (Oscar) who’s cheating on his wife, so he’s going to go to hell! But that’s part of the challenge. Let’s see him, hear what happened, see what’s happened in his life to get hime there. So you see episodes from the wife’s point of view, but you don’t immediately make the connection. It was very difficult to perform this guy, starting from cheating on his wife. So how can we forget that, start working from another point of view and make the audience understand him without sending him straight to hell? That was the challenge.
Álvaro Morte Twitter
— Alvaro Morte (@AlvaroMorte) February 23, 2019