Cécile de France Biography
Cécile de France is a Belgian actress. She was born on 17 July 1975 in Namur, Belgium.
After achieving success in French cinema hits such as L’Art (délicat) de la séduction (2001) and Irène (2002), she gained international attention for her lead roles in High Tension (2003) and Hereafter (2010).
Cécile de France Career
She left Belgium at the age of 17 to go to Paris where she studied theatre for two years with actor Jean Paul Denizon, assistant to British director Peter Brook. She then spent three years (1995–98) at the acting academy ENSATT (École Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Techniques du Théâtre) in the Département Comédie first at the Rue Blanche in Paris, then in Lyon.
She was discovered by the agent Dominique Besnehard and appeared in French hit films such as L’Art (délicat) de la séduction (2001) and Irène (2002). Her international breakthrough came with the horror film High Tension (2003, UK title: Switchblade Romance, US title: High Tension), which was a worldwide success.
She caught the eye of Hollywood producers and soon landed her first major role in a US feature, Around the World in 80 Days (2004), in which she starred alongside Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan. She won two César Awards for Most Promising Actress in L’Auberge espagnole (2002), and Best Supporting Actress in Les Poupées russes (2005). In 2014, she hosted the 39th César Awards ceremony.
The actress was selected to be on the jury for the Cinéfondation and short films sections of the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. She was also selected to be on the jury for the main competition section of the 68th Berlin International Film Festival.
Cécile de France Family
Cécile de France met her future husband in 1997 on the benches of the Ecole Supérieure des Arts et Techniques du Théâtre. Musician Guillaume Siron was in the section “Son” while Cécile studied comedy. In 2006, the two artists said “Yes” before becoming parents of Lino in 2007 and Joy in 2012.
There is little chance, however, to hear Cécile de France pour out on her family life. “I want to talk passionately about my job, not about my personal life. And that’s exactly why everything is fine. I’m happy in my job and in the rest, too, “she told TV 7 days. And not a word more.
Cécile de France Young Pope
Cécile de France Facebook
Cécile de France Instagram
Cécile de France Filmography
Year Title Role
- 2000 Regarde-moi (en face) Dune
- 2001 Toutes les nuits The prostitute
- 2001 L’Art (délicat) de la séduction Laure
- 2002 L’Auberge Espagnole Isabelle
- 2002 Irène Irène
- 2002 A+ Pollux Pollux Lesiak
- 2003 I, Cesar Samantha
- 2003 Kaena: The Prophecy Kaena
- 2003 High Tension Marie
- 2004 Around the World in 80 Days Monique La Roche
- 2004 La Confiance règne Chrystèle Burrel
- 2005 Russian Dolls Isabelle
- 2006 Avenue Montaigne Jessica
- 2006 When I Was a Singer Marion
- 2006 The Colonel Lieutenant Galois
- 2006 Bad Faith Clara Breitmann
- 2007 Snow White: The Sequel Snow White / Sleeping Beauty / Cinderella
- 2007 Gone for a Dance Blanche
- 2007 Hand of the Headless Man Eva Sanders
- 2007 A Secret Tania Stirn / Grimbert
- 2008 Mesrine Jeanne Schneider
- 2009 Sister Smile Jeanine Deckers
- 2010 Gardiens de l’ordre Julie
- 2010 Hereafter Marie Lelay
- 2011 The Kid with a Bike Samantha
- 2011 A Butterfly Kiss Alice
- 2011 Cars 2 Sally Carrera
- 2012 Superstar Fleur Arnaud
- 2013 Möbius Alice
- 2013 Chinese Puzzle Isabelle
- 2015 En équilibre Florence Kernel
- 2015 Summertime Carole
- 2016 The Jungle Book Raksha
- 2016 Le Voyage de Fanny Madame Forman
- 2016 Term Life Lucy
- 2017 Django Louise de Klerk
- 2017 Ôtez-moi d’un doute Anna
Cécile de France Awards
Year Award Category
2000 Short Film Festival of Brussels Acting Award
2002 César Award Most Promising Actress
2002 Award Lights Most Promising Actress
2003 Sitges Film Festival Best Actress
2003 Shooting Stars Award Best Actress
2005 César Award Best Supporting Actress
2005 Romy Schneider Award Best Supporting Actress
2007 Swann d’Or Best Actress
2007 Bayard d’Or Award Best Actress
2008 Globes de Cristal Award Best Actress
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.