Chris Hemsworth Biography
Chris Hemsworth is an Australian actor born on 11th August 1983 in Melbourne, Australia. He is popularly known for his role as Thor in the marvel Cinematic Universe since 2011. He attended high school at Heathmont College before his family again returned to the Northern Territory, and then moved a few years later to Phillip Island.
He was raised both in Melbourne and in the Australian Outback in Bulman, Northern Territory. He has stated, “My earliest memories were on the cattle stations up in the Outback, and then we moved back to Melbourne and then back out there and then back again. Certainly most of my childhood was in Melbourne but probably my most vivid memories were up there in Bulman with crocodiles and buffalo. Very different walks of life.”
Chris Hemsworth Age
Chris Hemsworth was born on 11th August 1983.
Chris Hemsworth Career
In 2002 Chris Hemsworth played the role of King Arthur in Guinevere Jones for two episodes. He also made an appearance in soap opera series Neighbours and one episode of Marshall Law.
In 2004, Chris Hemsworth auditioned for the Australian soap opera Home and Away role of Robbie Hunter (played by Jason Smith), but did not receive the part. He was subsequently recalled for the part of Kim Hyde and moved to Sydney to join the cast, appearing in 171 episodes of the series. He left the cast of Home and Away on 3 July 2007.
In 2009, Hemsworth portrayed James T. Kirk’s father, George Kirk, in the opening scenes of J. J. Abrams’ film Star Trek. He played the character Kale in the thriller A Perfect Getaway the same year. He went on to play Sam in 2010’s Ca$h, which was the first film he shot when he arrived in the United States.
In 2015, he starred in the action thriller film Blackhat, had a comedic role in the fifth installment of National Lampoon’s Vacation series, Vacation and headlined the biographical thriller film In the Heart of the Sea. The following year, Chris Hemsworth had a supporting role in Sony’s reboot of Ghostbusters. Hemsworth will reprise his role as George Kirk in the upcoming Star Trek sequel.
Also in 2015, he co-starred in the comedy film Vacation, along with Ed Helms, a revival of the film series that originally starred Chevy Chase. His last 2015 film was In the Heart of the Sea, based on the book of the same name by Nathaniel Philbrick, with Hemsworth playing first mate Owen Chase. In an interview with Jimmy Kimmel, he revealed that to prepare for the role of starving sailors, the cast was put on a diet of 500–600 calories a day to lose weight. In 2016, Hemsworth reprised the role of Eric the Huntsman in The Huntsman: Winter’s War and also portrayed Kevin the receptionist in Ghostbusters.
In 2013, Chris Hemsworth starred in Ron Howard’s sports drama film ‘Rush’, alongside Daniel Brühl as 1976 Formula 1 World Champion James Hunt and reprised his role as Thor, in the sequel Thor: The Dark World. People magazine, in an annual feature, named him its 2014 “Sexiest Man Alive.”
Chris Hemsworth Thor
In 2011 Chris Hemsworth featured for his most famous role as the Marvel Comics superhero ‘Thor’ in the 2011 Marvel Studios film ‘Thor’.He and castmate Tom Hiddleston, who ultimately played Loki, had each auditioned for the role, for which Chris Hemsworth said he put on 20 pounds of muscle. Chris Chris Hemsworth reprised the role in the 2012 film The Avengers as one of the six superheroes sent to defend Earth from his adopted brother, Loki, and in Thor: The Dark World, the 2013 sequel to Thor.
Chris Hemsworth reprised his role as Thor in Thor: Ragnarok, released on November 3, 2017 in the U.S., and again in both the third Avengers film, Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and its untitled sequel, scheduled for release in 2019.
Chris Hemsworth Movies and Television Roles
- 2002: Guinevere Jones as King Arthur
- 2002: Neighbours as Jamie Kane
- 2002: Marshall Law as The Kid
- 2003: The Saddle Club as The New Vet
- 2004: Fergus McPhail as Craig
- 2004 – 2007: Home and Away as Kim Hyde
- 2009: Star Trek as George Kirk
- 2009: A Perfect Getaway as Kale
- 2010: Ca$h as Sam Phelan
- 2011: Thor as Thor
- 2012: The Cabin in the Woods as Curt Vaughan
- 2012: The Avengers as Thor
- 2012: Snow White and the Huntsman as The Huntsman
- 2012: Red Dawn as Jed Eckert
- 2013: Star Trek Into Darkness as George Kirk (Voice cameo)
- 2013: Rush as James Hunt
- 2013: Thor: The Dark World as Thor
- 2015: Blackhat as Nicholas Hathaway
- 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron as Thor
- 2015: Vacation as Stone Crandall
- 2015: In the Heart of the Sea as Owen Chase
- 2016: The Huntsman: Winter’s War as The Huntsman
- 2016: Ghostbusters as Kevin Beckman
- 2016: Doctor Strange as Thor
- 2017: Thor: Ragnarok as Thor
- 2018: 12 Strong Captain as Mitch Nelson
- 2018: Avengers: Infinity War as Thor
Chris Hemsworth Dancing with the Stars
During the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars Australia Chris Hemsworth was a contestant and was partnered with professional dancer Abbey Ross. The season premiered on 26 September 2006, and after six weeks, Chris Hemsworth was eliminated (7 November 2006).
Chris Hemsworth Wife and Children
In the early 2010 Chris Hemsworth began dating Elsa Pataky, a spanish actress, after meeting through their mutual representatives. They got married in December 2010. They have three children a daughter born in 2012 and twin sons born in 2014. In 2015, Chris Hemsworth and his family moved from Los Angeles to Byron Bay in his native Australia, as he no longer needs to be in the United States in order to secure film work.
Chris Hemsworth Family
Chris Hemsworth parents are Leonie, an English teacher and Craig Hemsworth, a social-services counsellor. He has two brothers Luke Hemsworth and Liam Hemsworth who are also actors. His maternal grandfather is a Dutch immigrant, his maternal grandmother is of Irish descent, and his other ancestry is English, Scottish, and German.
Chris Hemsworth Brothers
Luke who is the older brother was the first to join the acting scene on Australian soap opera ‘Neighbours’. He appeared for several seasons before turning to flooring business.
Liam acted in school plays in high school. One of his first real roles was a guest spot on ‘Home and Away’. He later got a full time gig as a recurring character on ‘Neighbours’. In March 2010 Liam followed Chris to Hollywood and immediately began going to auditions. It’s now been fully cemented into Hemsworth family lore that both brothers were up for the part of Thor back in 2010, before the role ultimately went to Chris.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do