David Jason Biography
David Jason (Sir David John White) was born on 2nd February 1940 in Edmonton, London, United Kingdom. He is an English actor and comedian.
Born the son of a Billingsgate market porter at the height of the Second World War, David Jason spent his early life dodging bombs and bullies, both with impish good timing.Giving up on an unloved career as an electrician, he turned his attention to acting and soon, through a natural talent for making people laugh, found himself working with the leading lights of British comedy in the 1960s and ’70s: Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Bob Monkhouse and Ronnie Barker.Barker would become a mentor to David, leading to hugely successful stints in Porridge and Open All Hours. It wasn’t until 1981, kitted out with a sheepskin jacket, a flat cap, and a clapped-out Reliant Regal, that David found the part that would capture the nation’s hearts: the beloved Derek ‘Del Boy’ Trotter in Only Fools and Horses.
David Jason Age
He was born on 2nd February 1940 in Edmonton, London, United Kingdom.
David Jason Wife
Jason lived with his long-term girlfriend, Welsh actress Myfanwy Talog, for eighteen years and nursed her through breast cancer until she died in 1995. He had been in a relationship with Gill Hinchcliffe and in 2011 their daughter was born. They got married on 30th November 2005.
David Jason Daughter
His daughter, Sophie Mae Jason, was born on 26th February 2001.
David Jason Children
Jason became a father for the first time at the age of 61 on 26 February 2001 when his girlfriend, Gill Hinchcliffe, gave birth to a baby girl, born in Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury.
David Jason Family
Jason’s father, Arthur R White, was a porter at Billingsgate Fish Market, and his Welsh mother, Olwen Jones, worked as a charwoman.
David Jason Brother
His mother gave birth to twin boys at North Middlesex Hospital in Edmonton, Middlesex, in February 1940, but Jason’s twin brother died during childbirth, making him a twinless twin.
David Jason Net Worth
David Jason has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
David Jason Book
- 2017: My Lives: From Del Boy to Granville, Pop Larkin to Frost
- 2014: My Life
- 2013: David Jason: My Life
David Jason Movies
- 1999: All the King’s Men
- 2006: Hogfather
- 1989: The BFG
- 2006: Ghostboat
- 1978: The Odd Job
- 2009: Albert’s Memorial
- 1977: Wombling Free
- March in Windy City
- 1993: The Bullion Boys
- 1973: White Cargo
- 1995: The Snow Queen
- 1983: The Wind in the Willows
- 1996: The Snow Queen’s Revenge
- 1978: The Water Babies
- 1989: A Tale of Two Toads
- 2004: The Second Quest
- Come Rain Come Shine
- 2000: The Wind in the Willows: A Tale of Two Toads
- The Quest
- 2010: All the Way Up
David Jason TV Shows
- 1981 – 1991: Only Fools and Horses
- 1992 – 2010: A Touch of Frost
- 1973 – 1985: Open All Hours
- 1991 – 1993: The Darling Buds of May
- 1981 – 1992: Danger Mouse
- 1974 – 1977: Porridge
- Since 2013: Still Open All Hours
- 1988 – 1993: Count Duckula
- 1976: Lucky Feller
- 1967 – 1969: Do Not Adjust Your Set
- 2008: The Colour of Magic
- 2011 – 2012: The Royal Bodyguard
- 1978 – 1981: A Sharp Intake of Breath
- 1989: A Bit of a Do
- 2006: Hogfather
- Since 1974: The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs
- 1987: Porterhouse Blue
- 2005 – 2007: Diamond Geezer
- Since 2001: Micawber
- 2006: Prehistoric Park
- 1969 – 1970: Hark at Barker
- 1972: His Lordship Entertains
- 1991 – 1992: Victor & Hugo: Bunglers in Crime
- 1999 – 2000: Angelmouse
- 1983 – 1990: The Wind in the Willows
- 1997 – 2000: The Animal Shelf
- Since 1993: Albert the Fifth Musketeer
- 1990: Oh, Mr. Toad
- Since 1999: 100 Greatest TV Moments
- Since 2005: Diamond Geezer 2
David Jason Interview
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Despite having a career that has spanned seven decades and having played some of the most loved roles on British television, Sir David Jason has managed to keep his private life out of the limelight.
However, in a rare television interview with ITV’s Lorraine Kelly, the actor gave fans a glimpse into his relationship with his daughter Sophie Mae and his thoughts on whether Only Fools And Horses should ever return.
The 74-year-old, who played wheeler-dealer Del Boy Trotter in the BBC One show, says it won’t ever make a comeback, despite the popularity of the Sports Relief episode starring David Beckham.
“I don’t think it will continue. The thing that happened with the Sport Relief episode, it was a script that John Sullivan was working on with his son, it was a Sullivan script.
“John Sullivan was a one off. He wrote those characters and there isn’t anybody else I don’t think that could do it.”
Aside from Only Fools and Horse David has starred in some of the UK’s most iconic programmes including A Touch Of Frost, The Darling Buds Of May and Open All Hours.
He believes the ambitions of actors now are different to when he started his career.
“When I started I was in Rep [theatre] and it was to me like a religion that I had to be an actor, that’s all I wanted,” he said.
“Fame and fortune, if it came along, that would be great but that wasn’t the reason for doing it whereas today I think we have a slightly different aspect because it’s all about fame and it’s all about riches and success because magazines, papers, television to a certain extent, are always advertising the glamour and the wealth of it all and it doesn’t tell us about the journey of just doing it.”
David’s only child, 14-year-old Sophie Mae, has begun taking an interest in the theatre but he says he wouldn’t push her into acting as a career.
“We do have a bit of a love for the theatre that she has got and we creep off occasionally to see a matinee in the West End.
“We make a day out and we go together and we get rid of mother and it’s a treat,” he said.
“It’s too early to say [if she’ll work in the industry]! Not sure.
“I wouldn’t wish it upon her but I would never stop her. I’m not going to encourage her unless she wants to.”