Ed Sheeran Biography
Ed Sheeran (Edward Christopher Sheeran) was born on 17th February 1991 in Halifax, United Kingdom. He is an English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer.
Ed Sheeran Age
He was born on 17th February 1991.
Ed Sheeran Family
Sheeran was born in Halifax, on 17 February 1991. He has an older brother named Matthew who works as a composer. Sheeran’s parents, John and Imogen, are from London. His paternal grandparents are Irish, and Sheeran has stated that his father is from a “very large” Catholic family.
Ed Sheeran Girlfriend
In 2012 Ed Sheeran was in a relationship with Scottish singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt (who was in his music video for “Drunk”). She is the subject of Sheeran’s songs, “Nina” and “Photograph” but they later broke up.
In January 2014 Ed Sheeran was in a relationship with Athina Andrelos, who works for British chef Jamie Oliver. She is the inspiration of Sheeran’s song, “Thinking Out Loud”. They broke up in February 2015.
Ed Sheeran girlfriend is Cherry Seaborn who has been his crush since high school. She is the inspiration behind the song ‘Perfect’.During an interview with Us Weekly Entertainment Director Ian Drew he said that “the line that goes, ‘Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song’ was about when we were in Ibiza listening to Future’s March Madness literally not wearing any shoes and going mental on the lawn, which was quite a nice time.
Ed Sheeran Career
Ed Sheeran began singing in local church choir from the age of four, learned to play the guitar at a very young age during his time at Rishworth School, and began writing songs while at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham.
In 2004 Ed Sheeran began recording music and independently released his first collection of work, Spinning Man. In 2008 he moved to London and began playing in small venues.In 2008, he auditioned for the ITV series, Britannia High. He also opened for Nizlopi in Norwich in April 2008, after being one of their guitar technicians.
In 2009 Ed Sheeran released another EP, You Need Me, just before going on tour with Just Jack.He also did a few collaborations with Essex singer, Leddra Chapman, including CeeLo Green’s “Fuck You”.
In February 2010, Sheeran posted a video through SB.TV, and rapper Example invited Sheeran to tour with him. In the same month, he also released his critically acclaimed Loose Change EP, which featured his future debut single, “The A Team”. In the autumn of 2009, Sheeran began studying music at the Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) in Guildford, Surrey as an undergraduate.
From March to September 2013 he played at arenas and stadiums across North America as the opening act for Swift’s The Red Tour. According to Sheeran, it was then his biggest tour and he added a scarlet RED tattoo to commemorate it.
Ed Sheeran Albums
- 2017: ÷
- 2014: x
- 2011: +
- 2010: Loose Change, EP
- 2005: The Orange Room EP
- 2011: No. 5 Collaborations Project, EP
- 2011: Thank You EP, EP
- 2015: 5, EP
- 2010: Live at the Bedford, EP
- 2012: The Slumdon Bridge, EP
- 2007: Want Some?, EP
- 2009: You Need Me, EP
- 2011: One Take, EP
- 2011: iTunes Festival: London 2011, EP
- 2012: iTunes Festival 2012: Holiday Gift, EP
Ed Sheeran Songs
- Shape of You
- Thinking Out Loud
- Galway Girl
- Castle on the Hill
- The A Team
- How Would You Feel
- Give Me Love
- Supermarket Flowers
- Lego House
- I See Fire
- Bibia Be Ye Ye
- Nancy Mulligan
- What Do I Know?
- You Need Me, I Don’t Need You
- All of the Stars
- Hearts Don’t Break Around Here
- New Man
- Everything You Are
- Save Myself
- Kiss Me
- Small Bump
- I’m a Mess
Ed Sheeran Net Worth
He has a net worth of $65 Million.
- 2017: iHeartRadio Music Award for Best Lyrics
- 2017: MuchMusic Video Award for Most Buzzworthy International Artist or Group, ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 2017: MTV Video Music Award for Artist of the Year
- 2017: Teen Choice Award for Choice Pop Song, ‘Shape of You’
- 2017: Eska Special Award
- 2016: Radio Disney Music Award for Best Male Artist
- 2016: Grammy Award for Song of the Year, ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 2016: Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance,’Thinking Out Loud’
- 2016: Echo Award for Best International Rock/Pop Male Artist, ‘X’
- 2016: People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Artist
- 2015: People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Artist
- 2015: MTV Europe Music Award for Best Live Act
- 2015: American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist
- 2015: Teen Choice Award for Choice Male Artist
- 2015: MuchMusic Video Award for iHeartRadio International Artist of the Year, ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 2015: NRJ Music Award for International Male Artist of the Year
- 2015: Echo Award for Best International Rock/Pop Male Artist, ‘X’
- 2015: Bravo Otto – Super Singer – Male
- 2015: YouTube Music Award
- 2015: Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Music Star: Male
- 2015: Teen Choice Award for Choice Single: Male Artist, ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 2015: MuchMusic Video Award for Most Buzzworthy International Artist or Group, ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 2015: Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist
- 2015: Brit Award for MasterCard British Album of the Year, ‘X’
- 2015: MTV Europe Music Award for Best World Stage Performance
- 2015: People’s Choice Award for Favorite Album, ‘X’
- 2015: Radio Disney Music Award for Best Male Artist
- 2014: Teen Choice Award for Choice Single: Male Artist,’ Sing’
- 2014: Teen Choice Award for Choice Male Artist
- 2014: MTV Video Music Award for Best Male Video, ‘Sing’
- 2014: Radio Disney Music Award for Best Musical Collaboration, ‘Everything Has Changed’
- 2014: Young Hollywood Award for Artist of the Year
- 2013: Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Breakout Artist
- 2012: Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act
- 2012: Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist
- 2011: UK Festival Award for Best Breakthrough Act
Ed Sheeran Gingerbread Man Records
In August 2015 Ed Sheeran launched a record label, ‘Gingerbread Man Records’, which is a deal with Warner Music Group. The first signee to the label was Jamie Lawson who they met in London’s folk circuit. Lawson released his self-titled debut album on 9 October 2015, which has earned him a number one in the UK Albums Chart. Sheeran signed his second artist, Foy Vance, in November 2015
Ed Sheeran Acting Career
- He made his acting debut in 2014, a cameo role as himself on New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street.
- In May 2015, he appeared as himself and performed on a live episode of the NBC sitcom Undateable.
- In 2015 he recorded scenes for the soap Home and Away, as a character based on himself.
- He played Sir Cormac in the medieval drama ‘The Bastard Executioner’ on FX.
- In July 2017 he appeared in a longer cameo on Game of Thrones in a scene together with actor Maisie Williams
Ed Sheeran Philanthropy
Sheeran performed a gig in Bristol, which raised £40,000 for a charity that reaches out to street sex workers. “It’s good to show insight that these people are real people with real emotions and they deserve the same charity work as anyone else,” Ed Sheeran said. “There’s a lot more popular charities that get a lot of attention. And with certain subjects like this they’re often washed over and people don’t necessarily give them the attention they deserve.” Tickets were available to those taking part in the charity’s Give it up for One25 campaign by giving something up for 125 hours and hitting the £40,000 fundraising mark.
Sheeran frequently gives away his clothes to charity shops around Suffolk, his home county. An ambassador for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice, he has donated clothes to the St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop in Framlingham, including eight bags of clothes to the shop in February 2014, and eight items of clothing he wore at the 2015 Grammy Awards.
On 15 November 2014, Sheeran joined the charity supergroup Band Aid 30 along with other British and Irish pop acts, recording the latest version of the track “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” at Sarm West Studios in Notting Hill, London, to raise money for the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.
In November 2015, Sheeran supported the No Cold Homes campaign by the UK charity, Turn2us. Ed Sheeran was one of nearly thirty celebrities, to donate items of winter clothing to the campaign, with the proceeds used to help people in the country struggling to keep their home warm in winter.
Ed Sheeran Instagram
View this post on Instagram
This just really saddened me. I hung out with Mac a few times over the years and he was always such a sweetheart, always had the time of day for anyone, whoever they were. As well as being a great talent, he was a great human. Love and prayers to his family and friends. I don’t know what else to say. It’s so heartbreaking.
Ed Sheeran Twitter
Ed Sheeran Video
Ed Sheeran News
A great human’ Ed Sheeran posts touching tribute to friend Mac Miller
Updated On: 8th September 2018
Last night, the world was shocked by reports of the death of 26-year-old musician Mac Miller.
Tributes to the Self Care rapper have been pouring in, after he was found dead of a reported overdose.
Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to pay homage to his friend.
‘This just really saddened me. I hung out with Mac a few times over the years and he was always such a sweetheart, always had the time of day for anyone, whoever they were,’ he wrote.
‘As well as being a great talent, he was a great human.’
‘Love and prayers to his family and friends. I don’t know what else to say. It’s so heartbreaking.’
Miller had released the album Swimming on August 3rd, and was planning on embarking on a tour to promote the album.
It is believed he was found at his home in San Fernando Valley on Friday afternoon. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The rapper was said to be struggling with substance abuse.