Gemma Whelon Biography
Gemma Whelon (Gemma Elizabeth Whelan) was born on 23rd April 1981 in Leeds, United Kingdom. She is a comedian, dancer and actress.She popularly known for her role as Yara Greyjoy in Game of Thrones.
Gemma Whelon Career as a Dancer
She is a professional dancer specialising in the tap and jazz dance styles. She is a member of the dance troupe the Beaux Belles, based in London. She is also trained in musical theatre and has a mezzo-soprano singing voice.
Gemma Whelon Comedian
She often performs stand-up in character as Chastity Butterworth. In 2010 she won the Funny Women Variety Award for stand-up comedy. In 2014 she recorded a pilot chat show for BBC Radio 4 called The Chastity
Gemma Whelan Movies and TV Shows
- 2017: Tad Jones: The Hero Returns
- 2009: Ding Dong
- 2008: Shortbread and Tea.
- 2007: Frites
- 2006: Madness of the Dance.
- 2016: Prevenge
- 2006: The Enforcers
- 2009: 10 Minute Tales
- 2010: The Persuaaionists
- 2010: Gulliver’s Travels
- 2010: The Wolfman
- 2011: Threesom
- 2011: Living Doll
- 2011: For the Win
- Since 2017: Queers
- 2017: The Moorside
- Since 2016 – Present: Upstart Crow
- Since 2015: Horrible Histories
- Since 2011: Game of Thrones
- 2012: Ruddy Hell! It’s Harry &Paul
- 2012: Cardinal Burns
- 2013: Claudia O’Doherty Comedy Blaps
- 2015: Uncle
- 2015: Not Safe for Work
- 2015: Murder in Successville
- 2016 – 2017: Hetty Feather
- 2016: Morgana Robinson’s The Agency
- 2017: Decline and Fall
- 2017: The Crown
- 2017: Queers
- 2017: The End of the F***ing World
Gemma Whelan Game of Thrones
Gemma Whelon played Queen Yara Greyjoy an Ironborn, Theon Greyjoy’s older sister and his only surviving sibling. She was raised at Pyke, the stronghold of House Greyjoy. Yara is a fierce warrior and commands her own longship. She is currently a claimant to the throne of the Kingdom of the Iron Islands and an ally of Daenerys Targaryen, despite being captured and taken prisoner by her uncle, Euron Greyjoy, during the assault on the Targaryen Fleet.
Gemma Whelan Karen Matthew
- Gemma Whelon played Karen Matthew, Sharon Matthew’s mum in The Moorside
Gemma Whelon Family
She is married to Gerry and in July 2017 she announced that she was expecting her first child.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.