Geri Halliwell Biography
Geri Halliwell ( Geraldine Estelle Halliwell) was born on 6th August 1972 in Watford, Hertfordshire, England. She is an English pop singer-songwriter, clothes designer, author and actress. She is also known as ginger spice of the Spice Girls.
Geri Halliwell Education Background
Geri studied at Watford Grammar School for Girls and Camden School for Girls.
Geri Halliwell Career
Geri Halliwell worked as a nightclub dancer in Majorca, as a presenter on the Turkish version of Let’s Make a Deal, and as a glamour model. At the age of 19, she appeared in The Sun as a Page 3 girl.
Geri Halliwell Spice Girls
In 1994 along with Melanie Chisholm, Melanie Brown and Victoria Beckham, responded to an advertisement in The Stage magazine and auditioned at Dance Works studios.After a couple of initial line-up changes, Halliwell, Chisholm, Brown, and Beckham (née Adams) eventually became themembers of Spice Girls.
In March 1995 the group was signed with Simon Fuller of 19 Entertainment.During the summer of that year the group toured record labels in London and Los Angeles with Fuller and finally signed a deal with Virgin Records in September 1995.
On 7th June 1996 they released their debut single, “Wannabe”, in the United Kingdom.The song proved to be a global hit, reaching number 1 in 37 countries, becoming the biggest-selling single by an all-female group of all time. It was followed by nine further number-1 singles from their albums Spice, Spiceworld and Forever.
On 31st May 1998 she left the group due to depression and differences between the group. In 1999 she launched her solo career and released her debut album Schizophonic, with the lead single “Look at Me”.
In 2011 she fpllowed up her second album Scream If You Wanna Go Faster, the album peaked at number 5 in the United Kingdom, and sold 200,000 copies there and was certified Gold. It included her cover version of the Weather Girls’ 1983 hit, “It’s Raining Men”, was also used on the Bridget Jones’s Diary film soundtrack, and the video game, DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution 7thMix.
Geri Halliwell Albums
- 2008: The Almighty Collection.
- 2007: Greatest Hits
- 2005: Passion
- 2002: Geri, EP
- 2001: Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
- 1999: Schizophonic
- 1997: Spiceworld
Geri Halliwell Songs
- Au Nom De L’amour (calling French Version)
- Bag It Up
- Brave New World
- Breaking Glass
- Circles Round The Moon
- Don’t Call Me Baby
- Don’t Get Any Better
- Feels Like Sex
- Getting Better
- Go The Distance
- Goodnight Kiss
- Heaven And Hell (being Geri Halliwell)
- I Was Made That Way
- It’s Raining Men
- Let Me Love You
- Let Me Love You More
- Lift Me Up
- Live And Let Die
- Look At Me
- Love Is The Only Light
- Lovey Dovey Stuff
- Loving Me Back To Life
- Mi Chico Latino
- My Heart Belongs To Daddy
- New Religion
- Oh Katie
- Perhaps, Perhaps
- Ride It
- Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
- Shake Your Bootie Cutie
- So I Give Up On Love
- Solider’s Song
- Someone’s Watching Over Me
- Strenght Of A Woman
- Take Me Home
- There’s Always Tomorrow
- These Boots Are Made For Walking
- Very Slowly
- Walk Away
- You’re In A Bubble
Geri Halliwell Dress
During the 1997 BRIT awards Geri Halliwell wore the Union Jack dress, a mini dress that featured the flag of the United Kingdom, the Union Jack on the front, and a white peace symbol emblazoned on the black-coloured back of the dress. It is remembered as one of the most iconic pop moments of the 1990s and Brit Awards history.
Geri Halliwell Book
In 1999 Geri Halliwell wrote an autobiography If Only, in which she described her life as a Spice Girl. The book went on to top the best-seller lists and sold over a million copies in the UK alone. Halliwell donated the profits made from her the sales of the paper back edition of her autobiography to a Breast Cancer charity.
On 12th April 2007 she signed a six book deal with MacmillanChildren’s Books.The books follow the adventures of nine-year-old Ugenia, a character based on Halliwell, alongside her friends Bronte, Rudy and Trevor.
- 1999: She was the presented the TV show of 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll
- 2002: She was a mentor/ judge on Popstars: The Rivals.
- 2003: Mentor/Judge at All American Girls.
- 2008: Mentor/Judge of the American Idol (Episode 30, Season 7)
- 2013: Judge during the Australia’s Got Talent, Series 7.
- 2017: She was the presenter of Geri’s 90s: My Drive to Freedom
Geri Halliwell Filmography
- 1995: She played Sami in Foggy Notion.
- 1997: Ginger Spice on Spice World.
- 1997 -2004: She played Badger on UK Version (voice only)
- 2002: She played various roles on Bo’ Selecta!
- 2003: She played Phoebe Herrison on the Sex and the City.
- 2004: Paige Stonach, Voice; Animation film on Fat Slags: The
- 2009: Karen Chelios on Crank: High Voltage.
- 2009: Geri Doll on Ant & Dec’s Christmas Show
- 2009: She played Susan Galler in the Head Case, “Back in the
- Game” (Episode 5; Season 3).
Geri Halliwell Awards
- 2016: Honorary Gay during the Attitude Awards
- 2008: Bestselling female celebrity children’s author of 2008 ‘ Ugenia Lavender’
- 2002: International Song of the Year “It’s Raining Men” ,NRJ Music Awards.
- 2001: Best International Female Singer, Comet Awards.
- 2000: Best British Female Singer, Capital FM Awards
Geri Halliwell Fashion
In 2010 Geri partnered with British retailer Next to create a swimwear collection named “Geri by Next”. This was followed by a Union Jack-motif clothing range in 2012, inspired by Halliwell’s famous 1997 Union Jack dress.
Geri Halliwell Height
Geri Halliwell Daughter
Geri has a daughter, Bluebell Madonna, who she delivered in 2006 from a previous relationship with Sacha Gervasi. The child’s godmothers are Victoria Beckham and Emma Bunton.
Geri Halliwell Husband
In February 2014 Geri Halliwell started dating Christian Horner who is the team Principal of the Red Bull Racing Formula One team. They got engaged in 11th November 2014 and the couple were married on 15 May 2015 at St Mary’s Church in Woburn, Bedfordshire.
In October 2016, Halliwell revealed that she and Horner were expecting their first child together. She gave birth on 21st January to a son whose name is Montague George Hector Horner.
Geri Halliwell Net Worth
Geri Halliwell is estimated to have a net worth of $40 million.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do