Helmut Lotti Biography
Helmut Lotti is a Belgian singer, songwriter and tenor. Lotti performs in several styles and languages, among them: African, Latino and Jewish music hit records, and classical music which he crossed over to in the 1990s.
The star began his singing career with a visual and singing style as Elvis Presley, and was described as “De Nieuwe Elvis” (in Dutch) or “The New Elvis”. His first two albums were Vlaamse Nachten (“Flemish Nights”, 1990) and Alles Wat Ik Voel (“All That I Feel”, 1992). After a few more albums, he changed direction in 1995 with the first of what became a long series of “Helmut Lotti Goes Classic” albums, which proved to increase his popularity.
Since 2000 he has also made successful recordings in traditional Latino, African and Russian-style music. Lotti sings in his native language Dutch, as well as Afrikaans, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Zulu, Xhosa, Ndebele and others. He has sold over 13 million albums worldwide and received over 90 platinum and 70 gold albums.
Helmut Lotti Age
Lotti was born on 22nd October 1969 in Ghent, Belgium. He is 49 years old as 2018.
Helmut Lotti Family | Personal Life
He was born Helmut Barthold Johannes Alma Lotigiers to Luc Lotigiers and Rita Lagrou in Ghent, Belgium. He has two siblings, both brothers: Johan Lotti and Kurt Lotti.
Helmut Lotti Wife | Helmut Lotti Married
The songwriter has been married thrice: first to Kimberly Grosemans from 19th June 1990 to 1999. The two have a daughter by the name Messalina Lotigiers. After his marriage to Grosemans, Lotti then married Carol Jane Poe, an American-Belgian, on 16th February 2001. The couple however divorced in 2005. They had no children as a couple.
Lotti is now married to Jelle Van Riet, a freelance journalist, specializing in literature and poetry. She is also a columnist for De Standaard. She got together with the singer in 2007 and got married to him 9th May 2009 at the city hall of Antwerp. They have no children together yet.
Helmut Lotti Philanthropy
The Belgian does volunteer work as an ambassador for UNICEF. He also took part in the 0110 concerts against racism, organised by Tom Barman.
Helmut Lotti Albums
- Helmut Lotti Chante les Classiques (1996)
- Helmut Lotti Goes Classic: The Blue Album (1996)
- Helmut Lotti Goes Classic, Vol. 3 (1997)
- Helmut Lotti Goes Classic (1998)
- Panis Angelicus [Single] (1998)
- Romantic (1999)
- A Classical Christmas with Helmut Lotti (1999)
- Helmut Lotti Goes Classic: Final Edition (1999)
- Out of Africa (2000)
- A Special Christmas with Helmut Lotti (2000)
- Classics out of Africa (2000)
- Just for You (2001)
- Latino Classics (2001)
- Memories (2002)
- Romantic, Vol. 2 (2002)
- My Tribute to the King (2002)
- Vlaamse Nachten (2003)
- Christmas Album (2003)
- Pop Classics in Symphony (2004)
- Lotti: Alles Wat Ik Voel (2004)
- From Russia with Love (2004)
- Latino Love Songs (2006)
- Crooners (2006)
- Meine Geliebte Klassik (2006)
- Time to Swing (2008)
- Mijn Hart en Mijn Lijf (2013)
- Faith, Hope & Love ( 2015)
- The Comeback Album (2016)
- Soul Classics in Symphony (2018)
Helmut Lotti Songs
- Love is Life (1998)
- Tititomba (2012)
- Du, nur Du allein (2012)
- Out of Africa (2017)
- Otschi Tschornije (2012)
- Hallelujah (2016)
- Lutshje Bulo (2004)
- Poljushko Polje (2004)
- Panis Angelicus (2012)
- One Night with you (2002)
- Forgiven (2018)
- Shadowman (2018)
- Hay fiesta en la hacienda (2001)
- Quizás, quizás, quizás (2001)
- Mandolins in the Moonlight (2006)
- Tiny Hands, Tiny Feet (1999)
- Love’s Embrace (2018)
- The most expensive girl (2006)
- What Now My Love (2002)
- Dorogoj Dlinnoju (2004)
- Cucurrucucú paloma (2001)
- Take It With a Smile
- Allá viene un corazón (2001)
- The Train of Love (2006)
- Quien será (2001)
- Be Mine (2001)
- You Will Love Again (2006)
- Suspicious Minds (2002)
Helmut Lotti Tiritomba
Album: Helmut Lotti Goes Classic II
Genres: Classical, Pop
Helmut Lotti Hallelujah
Album: The Comeback Album
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
I heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don’t really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah
Well maybe there’s a God above
But all I’ve ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
And I’ve seen your flag on the marble arch
but love is not a victory march
It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah
I do my best, it wasn’t much
I couldn’t feel so I tried to touch
I told the truth, I didn’t come to fool you
And even though in all am wrong
I’ll stand before the laurel song
With nothing but my tongue
Helmut Lotti My Tribute to the King
This is an album by Helmut released on 2nd August 2002. It features 16 songs as below:
- Suspicious Minds
- One Night with you
- You’ve lost that loving feeling
- Return to sender
- Crying in the Chapel
- Are you lonesome tonight
- Good luck charm (Elvis Presley Cover)
- Thank you
- Such a night
- Heartbreak hotel
- In the ghetto
- If you were mine
- What now my love
- Kiss me quick
- Love me tender
Helmut Lotti Tour
As of March 07 2019, the Tiritomba singer does not have any shows scheduled. If any
Helmut Lotti Facebook
On Facebook, find him @official.helmutlotti
Helmut Lotti Twitter
Helmut Lotti Instagram
Helmut Lotti Youtube
The singer has his own YouTube channel for his music. Click here to visit the page.