James Napier Robertson Biography
James Napier Robertson(James William Napier Robertson) is a New Zealand actor, screen writer writer, film director and producer born on 24th March 1982 in Auckland, New Zealand. He wrote and directed the film ‘The Dark Horse’ which won Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Film at the 2014 New Zealand Film Awards.
James Napier Robertson moved to Auckland at a young age. He attended Takapuna Grammar School, where he first started acting in Shakespeare productions and musicals.
James comes from a family with acting history as his great-grandfather is actor Alan Napier, his uncle is actor Marshall Napier and his cousin is Marshall’s daughter, actress Jessica Napier. He is also related to the author Charles Dickens.
James Napier Robertson Career
In his late teens he joined a local Shakespeare Theatre Company which he performed with for a number of years, often at the Pumphouse Theatre Amphitheatre.
His first role in television in ‘Being Eve’ as Jared Pretson, a wayward teenager at the titular Eve’s school, then in Shortland Street, and Mercy Peak as Luke Bertram, an arsonist dealing with his mothers death by burning down local buildings until he is caught by the police.
In 2002 he was cast for two seasons in UK show ‘The Tribe’, a post apocalyptic series about a virus that has wiped out all adults, leaving only young people to fight amongst each other. In 2004 he was cast for one season as a lead actor on US show Power Rangers Dino Thunder, playing Conner McKnight, a soccer player and the Red Ranger.
James Napier I’m Not Harry Jenson
In his mid twenties Napier wrote and directed his first feature film, I’m Not Harry Jenson, with friends Tom Hern and Edward Sampson both taking roles as producers in the film.
The film premiered at the 2009 New Zealand International Film Festival and was nominated for Best Picture at the 2009 AFTA Awards (New Zealand Film and TV Awards).
James Napier The Dark Horse
In 2010 Napier began working on his second feature film, ‘The Dark Horse’ based on Genesis Potini, a Māori chess player who suffered from severe bipolar. Napier Robertson stated he became very close friends with Potini, playing hundreds of games of chess with him while writing the screenplay. Napier Robertson has been an avid chess player since a young age, which he cited as one of the things that inspired him to make ‘The Dark Horse’.
The Dark Horse premiered as the Opening Night film at the NZIFF Film Festival on 17 July 2014. The film was a New Zealand box office hit, grossing $2 million and receiving unanimously rave reviews.
The movie won the Audience Award for Best Film during the European Premiere at the 2015 Rotterdam International Film Festival. It also won the Best Actor Award for Cliff Curtis at the 2014 Asia Pacific Awards, and six awards at the 2014 New Zealand Film Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay.
James Napier Power Rangers Dino Thunder
James Napier plays as Conner McKnight, the Red Dino Ranger and Triassic Ranger. Power Rangers Dino Thunder is an American children’s television series, the twelfth season of the Power Rangers franchise. As with all Power Rangers series, it was adapted from a series from the long running Japanese Super Sentai franchise, in this case the 27th entry, Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger. Dino Thunder was also the subtitle of the Korean dub of Abaranger in South Korea and had a similar/identical logo to the American version as well.
A soccer player, a computer expert, a singer, an artist, and a teacher with a long history of such situations join forces to become Power Rangers and help save the Earth from the scheming of Mesogog, a dinosauric villain who wishes to eradicate all human life and return Earth to the age of dinosaurs.
James Napier Robertson Movies and TV Shows
James Napier Movies
- 2002: Ishtar (Writer, Director, Editor)
- 2004: By Way of LA (Writer, Director, Actor)
- 2005: Two Cons, One Key (Writer, Director)
- 20 07: Foul Play (Writer, Director, Actor.)
- 2009: I’m Not Harry Jenson (Writer, Director)
- 2014: Everything We Loved (Co-Producer)
- 2014: The Dark Horse (Writer, Director)
James Napier TV Shows
- 1999: The Tribe as Jay
- 2001: Being Eve as Jared Preston
- 1992: Shortland Stret as Glen McNulty
- 2003: Light My Fire as Luke Bertram
- 2003: Pride and Prejudice as Luke Bertram
- 2003: Power Rangers Ninja Storm as Eric McKnight
- 2004: Power Rangers Dino Thunder as Conner McKnight/Red Dino Ranger
- 2005: Power Rangers S.P.D. as Conner McKnight/Red Dino Ranger
- 2017: Romper Stomper (Director, Writer)
James Napier Robertson Stage/ Theatre
- 1997: Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat by Andrew Lloyd Webber as Naphtali.
- 1997: The Mikado by Sir Arthur Sullivan as The Mikado
- 1997: The Tempest by William Shakespeare as Antonio
- 1998: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare as Fabian
- 1998: A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare as Lysander
- 1999: Romeo and Juliet as Benvolio
- 2000: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare as Claudio
- 2001: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare as Gaius Octavian.
James Napier Robertson and Emma Lahana/ James Napier Robertson Wife
James Napier Robertson and Emma Lahana were in a relation from 2002 to 2003. Emma is a New Zealand actress popularly known for her role as Kira Ford on Power Rangers.
James Napier Age
- He was born on 24th March 1982 in Auckland, New Zealand ( 36 years as at 2018)
James Napier Robertson Net Worth
- His net worth is under review and will be updated soon.
James Napier Robertson Height
- James is 6ft 1 inch (1.85m)
James Napier Robertson Instagram and Twitter
James Napier Robertson has no Instagram or twitter account