Jean Marsh Biography
Jean Marsh (Jean Lyndsey Torren Marsh) was born on 1st July 1934 in Stoke Newington, United Kingdom. She is an actress and writer. She is popularly known for her role as Rose Buck in Upstairs, Downstairs.
She was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
Jean Marsh Movies and TV Shows
- 1971 – 1975: Upstairs, Downstairs
- 1988: Willow
- 1985: Return to Oz
- 1980: The Changeling
- 2010 – 2012: Upstairs Downstairs
- 1972: Frenzy
- 1976: The Eagle Has Landed
- 1991 – 1994: The House of Eliott
- 1981: Goliath Awaits
- 1994: Fatherland
- 1963: Unearthly Stranger
- 2003: The Mayor of Casterbridge
- 2000 – 2001: The Ghost Hunter
- 1981: See China and Die
- Since 1984: Master of the Game
- 1989: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court
- 1989: Danny, the Champion of the World
- 2010: The Heavy
- 1953: The Limping Man
- 1973: Dark Places
- 1989: Act of Will
- 1997: Agatha Christie: The Pale Horse
- 1994 – 1995: The All New Alexei Sayle Show
- 1986 – 1988: 9 to 5
- 1991: Bejewelled
- 1961: The Horsemasters
- 2000: Monarch
- 1996: The Ring
- Agatha Christie’s The Pale Horse
- 1966 – 1967: The Informer
- 2011: The Last Post
- 2014: Outlier
- 1999: Doctor Who: The Crusade
- 1995: The Glorious Romantics
- The Corsican Brothers
- No Strings
- 1959: Broadway Theatre Archive: Back to Back
- Since 1989: No Strings (1989)
Jean Marsh Upstairs, Downstairs.
She created the British period drama Upstairs, Downstairs, and played the role of the house parlourmaid Rose Buck. She received a Royal Television Society award in 1971 and an Emmy Award for her role in 1975
Jean Marsh Illness
In October 2011 she suffered a minor stroke which lead to her missing the beginning of the second series of Upstairs, Downstairs. She was ultimately able to appear in only two scenes over the series, and the series was subsequently cancelled.
Jean Marsh Husband
In 1955 she got married to actor Jon Pertwee but they divorced in 1960.She has had relationships with Albert Finney, Kenneth Haigh, and film director Michael Lindsay-Hogg.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.