John Noble Biography
John Noble is an actor and theatre director from Australia. He has directed more than 80 plays in his career. He is best known for his roles as Dr. Walter Bishop in the American Fox science fiction television series Fringe and Henry Parrish in the Fox action-horror series Sleepy Hollow. His most high-profile film role was in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy as Denethor. He has studied theoretical physics and hence requested that the writers of Fringe always keep things grounded in what could be scientifically feasible.
John Noble Age
The Elementary TV series actor is 70 years old as of 2018. He was born on 20 August 1948 in Port Pirie, Australia.
John Noble Wife
Noble is married to Penny Noble and the two live in the US. Penny owns a Yoga school. They have three children: Daniel Noble who is an entrepreneur, Jess Noble who is a journalist and their eldest child; actress Samantha Noble. Samantha has worked on films as well as television series and is known for her role in Australian horror film Gabriel as Jade/Amitiel.
John Noble Career
In his acting career, Noble has appeared in several television shows as well as films. In the television series Fringe, Noble starred as scientist Walter Bishop. He made occasional appearances on the television series All Saints. He is internationally known for his performance as Denethor in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. He played Russian Consul Anatoly Markov in the sixth season of the American television series 24. In 2011, he appeared as Real Estate tycoon Leland Monroe in Rockstar’s video game L.A. Noire. He is also the voice of Unicron for the television show Transformers: Prime and its conclusion TV film.
John Noble later worked in Legends of Tomorrow where he voiced the time demon Mallus. In its episode “Guest Starring John Noble,” he portrayed himself when Atom visited him on set of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and had him record a fake rewrite which would be used to fool Nora Darhk.
John Noble also provided the voice of the DC Comics super-villain Scarecrow in the 2015 video game Batman: Arkham Knight, where his character served as the main antagonist. In 2015, he joined the cast of the television series Elementary as Sherlock Holmes’s father. He was also cast as a doctor in the Australian TV series All Saints.
In 2012, he got diagnosed with osteoporosis, a condition that weakens the bones, making them fragile and more likely to break. He has a charity organization by the name Noble Bones that helps him to raise awareness for the disease.
John Noble Movies and TV Shows
- 2018 – The Blacklist as Raleigh Sinclair III
- 2017–2018 – DC’s Legends of Tomorrow as Mallus (voice); Himself
- 2017 – Salvation as Nicholas Tanz
- 2015–2016, 2018 – Elementary as Morland Holmes
- 2015 – Forever as Aubrey Griffin
- 2014 – Rake as Clayton Post
- 2014 – Devil’s Playground as Bishop McNally
- 2013–2017 – Sleepy Hollow as Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane
- 2013 – The Good Wife as Matthew Ashbaugh
- 2013 – Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising as Unicron
- 2013 – Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries as Edward Stanley
- 2011–2012 – Dark Matters: Twisted But True as Himself
- 2011 – Transformers: Prime as Unicron (voice)
- 2008–2013 – Fringe as Walter Bishop/Walternate
- 2007 – Journeyman as Wine Connoisseur
- 2007 – The Unit as The CEO
- 2007 – 24 as Anatoly Markov
- 2007 – Pirate Islands: The Lost Treasure of Fiji as Blackheart
- 2006 – Stargate SG-1 as Meurik
- 2004 – The Mystery of Natalie Wood as Irving Pichel
- 2002 – Young Lions as Adam Gallagher
- 2002 – Stingers as Michael Kranz
- 2002 – The Outsider as Fergus Hunter
- 2002 – Superfire as Paul Baylis
- 2001–2006 – Home and Away as Dr. Helpman
- 2001 – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World as Inspector Robert Anderson
- 2001 – The Bill as Commander Warren
- 2000 – Tales of the South Seas as Christian Ambrose
- 2000 – Virtual Nightmare as Dad
- 1999 – Airtight as Sorrentino
- 1998–2004 – All Saints as Dr. John Madsen
- 1998 – Water Rats as Dr. Harry
- 1997 – Big Sky as Graham James
- 1993 – Time Trax as Mr. Michaels
- 1991 – Police Rescue as Sergeant
- 2014 – The Mule as Pat Shepherd
- 2013 – Superman: Unbound as Brainiac
- 2010 – Risen as Eddie Thomas
- 2010 – The Last Airbender as Dragon Spirit
- 2006 – One Night with the King as Prince Admantha
- 2006 – Running Scared as Ivan Yugorsky
- 2006 – Voodoo Lagoon as Ben
- 2004 – Fracture as Howard Peet
- 2003 – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King as Denethor
- 2002 – The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers as Denethor
- 2000 – The Monkey’s Mask as Mr. Norris
- 1993 – The Nostradamus Kid as General Booth
- 1990 – Call Me Mr. Brown as Sergeant
- 1989 – A Sting in the Tale as Prime Minister’s minder
- 1988 – The Dreaming as Dr. Richards
John Noble Height
The renown actor has a height of 1.85 m.
John Noble Net Worth
The Legends of Tomorrow voice-over actor has an estimated net worth of $3 million.