John Talabot Biography
Oriol Riverola better known by stage name John Talabot born on 8th January 1982, is a Spanish DJ, record label owner, producer and electronic musician.
After initially producing tracks under the name d.a.r.y.l, Riverola began releasing music as John Talabot in 2009 (a name taken from the school he attended in Barcelona). His 2010 release “Sunshine” was followed by his debut EP, Families in 2011 on the Young Turks label.
Talabot released his debut album ƒIN in January 2012 on Permanent Vacation. The record was generally well received with critics, receiving a 5 star review from The Guardian. Despite not releasing a solo album since ƒIN, Talabot has released music consistently including remixes of artists from The XX to Sfire to Shit Robot. In social media posts Talabot has hinted that work is ongoing for his second LP.
The Hivern label was founded by Riverola in 2008, the name coming from the Catalan word for “winter”. The label has released work from artists including Pional, Marvin & Guy, Margot and John Talabot himself.
Consistent releases on the label as well as showcase events around Europe have helped establish Hivern as an influential body on the European electronic music scene. Talabot’s 2016 release “Voices” was used as part of Chanel’s promotional content for the fashion house’s Spring-Summer 2017 Haute Couture collection.
John Talabot Fin
Fin is the debut studio album by Spanish electronic music producer John Talabot, released on 14 February 2012. Upon its release, Fin received acclaim from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100, the album has an average score of 80 out of 100, based on 20 reviews. Pitchfork awarded the album its “Best New Music” title. Fin was named the best album of 2012 on XLR8R’s year-end list and placed third on year-end lists by Mixmag and Resident Advisor.
|2.||“Destiny” (featuring Pional)||4:53|
|4.||“Oro Y Sangre”||4:53|
|5.||“Journeys” (featuring Ekhi)||4:05|
|9.||“When the Past Was Present”||5:06|
|11.||“So Will Be Now…” (featuring Pional)||6:55|
John Talabot Songs
Singles & EPs
- My Old School (Permanent Vacation, 2009)
- Sunshine (Hivern Discs, 2009)
- Mathilda’s Dream (Permanent Vacation, 2010)
- Families (Young Turks, 2011)
- Lamento (Young Turks, 2009)
- So Will Be Now (Permanent Vacation, 2013)
- Without You’ (!K7 Records, 2015)
- Machine – (John Talabot’s Synthedit) / Peter (The Drifter Edit) (Philomena, 2015)
- Master – DreadMan (John Talabot’s Dusty Edit), (Hivern Discs, 2015)
- Sfire 3 (John Talabot Remixes) (CockTail d’Amore Music, Muting The Noise, 2016)
- Voices (Permanent Vacation, 2016)
- The Strange Silence’ (Permanent Vacation, 2017)
John Talabot Live
Following the success of the ƒIN album Riverola established himself on the international DJ circuit. This was helped by a 2012 tour with The xx in North America which allowed him to reach a wider audience. In 2017 Talabot performed several shows with Axel Boman as Talaboman including a headline show at the Primavera festival in Barcelona.
John Talabot So Will Be Now
John Talabot Albums
DJ-Kicks: John Talabot (!K7, 2013)
ƒIN (Permanent Vacation, 2012)
The Night Land (R&S, 2017) (As Talaboman)
John Talabot Sunshine
John Talabot Machine
John Talabot Matilda’s Dream
John Talabot Without You
John Talabot Photos
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.