Joss Stone Biography
Joss Stone (Joscelyn Eve Stoker) was born on 11th April 1987 in Dover, Kent, England. She is an English singer, songwriter and actress.
Joss Stone Career
Joss Stone made her first public appearance at the Uffculme Comprehensive School—which she attended—in Uffculme, Devon, with a cover version of Jackie Wilson’s 1957 song “Reet Petite”.
In 2001, at the age of thirteen, Joss Stone auditioned for the BBC Television talent show, Star for a Night in London, singing Franklin’s 1968 Goffin-King hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” and Whitney Houston’s 1999 single, “It’s Not Right but It’s Okay”. After passing her audition, she sang
Donna Summer’s “On the Radio” for the broadcast, and eventually won the contest.She also appeared on and won Steps to the Stars (a TV programme hosted by H & Claire of the group Steps).
Stone performed on a charity show, where she drew the attention of the Boilerhouse Boys, composed of London-based producers Andy Dean and Ben Wolfe, who contacted S-Curve Records founder and CEO, Steve Greenberg in December 2001.
In early 2002, Greenberg flew Stone to New York for an audition, in which she sang to backing tracks of classic soul songs: Otis Redding’s 1968 “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay”, Gladys Knight & the Pips’ 1973 “Midnight Train to Georgia”, and Franklin’s “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”; Greenberg instantly signed her to his label.
On 16th September 2003 her debut album ‘The Soul Sessions’ was released. The album went triple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry in mid-April 2005 and gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in late March 2004.
On 28th September 2004 her second album ‘Mind Body & Soul’ was released.It debuted at No. one in the UK, breaking the record for the youngest female ever to top the UK Albums Chart.
In 2005 during the 2005 BRIT Awards she won for British Female Solo Artist and British Urban Act—entering the Guinness World Records as the youngest BRIT Award solo winner at age seventeen.
Joss Stone Albums
- 2015: Water for Your Soul
- 2012: The Soul Sessions Vol. 2
- 2011: The Best of Joss Stone 2003–2009
- 2011: LP1
- 2009: Colour Me Free!
- 2007: Introducing Joss Stone
- 2004: Mind Body & Soul
- 2003: The Soul Sessions
Joss Stone Songs
- Super Duper Love
- Tell Me What We’re Gonna Do Now
- Right to Be Wrong
- You Had Me
- Fell in Love With a Boy
- Tell Me ‘Bout It
- The Love We Had
- Free Me
- Don’t Cha Wanna Ride?
- Put Your Hands on Me
- Baby Baby Baby
- Bruised but Not Broken
- Stuck on You
- Dirty Man
- This Ain’t Love
- Harry’s Symphony
- I’ve Fallen in Love With You
- Molly Town
- Stir It Up
- The Chokin’ Kind
- The Answer
- Victim of a Foolish Heart
- Could Have Been You
- Love Me
- Big Ol’ Game
- Girl They Won’t Believe It
- 4 And 20
- Sleep Like a Child
- Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Joss Stone Acting Career
In March 2008, Joss Stone signed for the role of a lesbian namedStephanie in the British romantic comedy Snappers. Inaddition to acting, she produced the film’s soundtrack.
She made her debut on television playing Henry VIII’s fourth wife Anne of Cleves in the third season of Showtime’s series The Tudors. She reprised the role in the show’s final season in 2010, appearing in two episodes. In 2016 she played the role of Mandy on the movie ‘Tomorrow’
Joss Stone Awards
- 2004: Top 10 Best Selling Foreign Albums ‘Mind Body & Soul’,IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Awards.
- 2004: Newcomer of the Year, Glamour Women of the Year Awards
- 2004: Best International Female Singer, HUMO’s Pop Poll deLuxe
- 2005: British Female Solo Artist, BRIT Awards
- 2005: British Urban Act, BRIT Awards
- 2005: London’s Favourite UK Album ‘Mind Body & Soul’, CapitalFM Award.
- 2007: Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals’Family Affair’, Grammy Awards
- 2011: Best Original Vocal – Pop “I’ll Take It All”, Game AudioNetwork Guild
Joss Stone Endorsement
In March 2005, Stone was named the spokesperson for the Gapclothing company. She appeared in a television advertisementfor that store chain singing a cover of Ray Charles’s 1958song “Night Time Is the Right Time” (retitled “The RightTime”). Stone also appeared in one of Gap’s Fall 2005 “Favorites” commercials, singing the Beach Boys’ 1966 song”God Only Knows”.
Joss Stone Philanthropy
Joss Stone performed at ‘Hear the World’ initiative, whose main goalis to raise global awareness for the topic of hearing andhearing loss. “Being able to hear means that you can enjoy allthe sounds of the world”, she said.
On 7 July 2007, Stone performed at the South African leg ofthe Live Earth concerts at the Coca Cola Dome in Johannesburg,to promote awareness of global warming.
Joss Stone Boyfriend
In 2004 Joss Stone began dating Beau Dozier, with whom she co-wrotethe song “Spoiled” but they split in November 2005.
In 2016 during an interviewJoss Stone she revealed that she had been ina relationship with music promoter SiChai (Si) for three years
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.