Lesley Anne Down Actress Biography
Lesley-Anne Down is an ancient British actress, singer, and model. She first caught attention in 1973 when she played in ITV’s drama’ Upstairs, Downstairs’ as Georgina Worsley. She was further popular with her roles in the movies ‘ A Little Night Music,” The Pink Panther Strikes Again,” Nomads,’ and’ Sphinx.’ Born and raised in South West London, Down started modelling when she was a teenager.
Lesley Anne Down made her feature film debut in 1969 when she was given a role in the British drama movie ‘ The Smashing Bird I Used to Know. ‘
She then appeared in other British movies including ‘ All the Right Noises, ‘ ‘ Countess Dracula ‘ and ‘ Assault, ‘ and also in the television series ‘ Out of the Unknown, ‘ ‘ Six Dates with Barker ‘ and ‘ Public Eye ‘ in the years that followed.
The actress played Georgina Worsley in the drama series ‘ Upstairs, Downstairs ‘ from 1973 to 1975. She was cast as Olga Bariosova in ‘ The Pink Panther Strikes Again ‘ after the show ended, an American British comedy flick also featuring Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom.
Leslie Anne Down | Leslie Anne Downs
In 1977, Down starred in the film adaptation of the musical’ A Little Night Music ‘ opposite Elizabeth Taylor. She made the movies’ The Betsy’ and’ The First Great Train Robbery ‘ the following year. She played Margaret Sellinger in the Anglo-American wartime romantic flick of Peter Hyams,’ Hanover Street’ in 1979. In the years that followed, the actress featured in several films including’ Rough Cut,” Sphinx,” Murder Is Easy,” Notre Dame’s Hunchback,” Nomads,’ and’ Arch of Triumph.’
Leslie Ann Downs Actress | Ann Lesley Down
She played Stephanie Rogers in the soap opera ‘ Dallas ‘ in 1990 and featured in an episode of the drama ‘ The Nanny ‘ in 1994. In the fifth instalment of the ‘ Death Wish ‘ movie series titled ‘ Death Wish V: The Face of Death, ‘ Down also starred that year as Olivia Regent.
She was cast in Eve’s role in ‘ The Secret Agent Club, ‘ a spy action-comedy about a secret spy who steals a laser pistol and pretends to be a toy but eventually gets into deep trouble when others find out who he stole the pistol from.
The actress played a cameo role in the 1997 comedy film ‘ Meet Wally Sparks. ‘ She appeared four years later in the series ‘ Days of Our Lives. ‘ Soon after that, she had roles in the ‘ 13th Child ‘ and ‘ Today You Die ‘ movies. ‘
Lesley Anne Down Bold And The Beautiful
From 2003 to 2012, Down portrayed Jackie Marone’s character in the soap opera ‘ The Bold and the Beautiful. ‘ Soon after the show ended, she featured ‘ Dark House ‘ in the horror of Victor Salva.
Lesley Anne Down North And South
Lesley is featured as Madeline Fabray in North and South, an American television mini-series that aired in 1985 and 1986. Down was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for North and South in 1986. North and South is a John Jakes novel that is based on Civil War and its effect on two families. It stars Lesley alongside Patrick Swayze and Kirstie Alley.
Lesley Anne Down Upstairs Downstairs
Lesley portrays Georgina Worsley, a fictional character in the British television series Upstairs Downstairs. The series was produced by London Weekend Television (LWT) for ITV. Upstairs Downstairs ran for 68 episodes divided into five series on ITV from 1971 to 1975.
Lesley Anne Down 2017 | Gates of Darkness
In 2017, Lesley featured in the film, Gates of Darkness as sister Clare. Gates of Darkness is a dramatic thriller where a a haunted teen endures a terrifying exorcism in the hopes of unlocking shocking secrets about the church and his family.
Lesley Anne Down Now | Lesley Anne Down Today
Lesley Anne Down Age
Down is 65 years as of 2019. She was born on 17 March 1954. She is a daughter to Jack Down (Father) and her mother Isobel Down.
Lesley Anne Down Husband
Lesley – Anne Down met actor-writer Bruce Robinson at the age of 15. She married a man named Enrique Gabriel in 1980 after living with him for about ten years. A year and a half later, the couple separated. In 1982, the actress married director, William Friedkin. Before divorcing in 1985, they had a son, Jack.
While still married to Friedkin, Down began a relationship with the already married cinematographer Don E. Fauntleroy. The two divorced and married their respective partners. They have a son called George – Edward.
Lesley Anne Down Children
She is a mother to George-Edward Fauntleroy and Jackson Friedkin
Lesley Anne Down Net Worth
The famous actress has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
Lesley Anne Down Movies | Lesley Anne Down Films
- Heaven & Hell: North & South, Book III (TV Show)
- North and South (TV Show)
- The Bold and the Beautiful (TV Show)
- 13Th Child: Legend Of The Jersey Devil (Movie) D.A. Murphy 2003
- The Perfect Wife (Movie) Helen 2000
- Young Hearts Unlimited (Movie) Barbara 1998
- Meet Wally Sparks (Movie) 1997
- Secret Agent Club (Movie) Eve 1997
- Sunset Beach (TV Show) Olivia
- Beastmaster 3: The Eye Of Braxus (Movie) Morgana 1995
- Heaven and Hell (TV Show)
- Death Wish V: The Face Of Death (Movie) Olivia Regent 1994
Leslie Ann Down
- Munchie Strikes Back (Movie) Linda McClelland 1994
- In The Heat Of Passion 2: Unfaithful (Movie) Jean 1994
- Mardi Gras For The Devil (Movie) Christine Turner 1993
- Dallas (TV Show)
- Scenes From The Goldmine (Movie) 1988
- The Bold and the Beautiful (TV Show) Jackie Payne Marone
- North and South (TV Show)
- Nomads (Movie) Dr Flax 1985
- Last Days of Pompeii (TV Show) Chloe
- Sphinx (Movie) Erica Baron 1981
- Rough Cut (Movie) Gillian Bromley 1980
- Hanover Street (Movie) Margaret Sellinger 1979
- The Betsy (Movie) Lady Bobby Ayres 1978
- The Great Train Robbery (Movie) Miriam 1978
- A Little Night Music (Movie) Anne Egerman 1977
- The Pink Panther Strikes Again (Movie) Olga 1976
- Brannigan (Movie) Luana 1975
- From Beyond The Grave (Movie) Rosemary Seaton 1974
- Upstairs, Downstairs (TV Show) Georgina Worsley
- Scalawag (Movie) Lucy-Ann 1973
- Pope Joan (Movie) Cecilia 1972
- Countess Dracula (Movie) Ilona 1970
- Assault (Movie) Tessa Hurst 1970
- School For Unclaimed Girls (Movie) 1969
- Soap Talk (TV Show)