Paul Gambaccini Biography
Paul Gambaccini born Paul Matthew Gambaccini is an American-British radio and television presenter and author in the United Kingdom. He has dual United States and British nationality, getting a British citizen in 2005. Gambaccini was a BBC Radio 1 presenter for 16 years and gained diverse nick names like “The Great Gambo” and “The Professor of Pop”. This includes 11 years at the helm of a Billboard Top 30 countdown show. Gambaccini, who is a regular contributor to BBC Radio 4’s long-running arts programme Kaleidoscope,was a long-time TV morning show correspondent for British television
He also makes regular appearances on other British TV magazine shows. He was the initial host of the 12-part Classic FM series Paul Gambaccini’s Hall of Heroes, and has chaired the Radio 4 music quiz Counterpoint. He currently presents “Pick of the Pops” on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday afternoons. Gambaccini, who was also inducted into the Radio Academy Hall of Fame in 2005, is the author of more than 15 books. Born in the Bronx, Gambaccini studied at Dartmouth College, from where he obtained a degree in history in 1970.
He then migrated to the United Kingdom and attended University College, Oxford, where he read for a degree in politics, philosophy and economics. He has since returned to Oxford, where he delivered a series of lectures in January and February 2009, as the News International Visiting Professor of Broadcast Media. In February 2010 he was invited by the Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University, Andrew Hamilton to deliver the inaugural LGBT lecture Out on Monday to the university’s LGBT staff, students and faculty.
Paul Gambaccini Age
Paul was born on 2 April 1949 in The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States. He is 69 years old as of 2018.
Paul Gambaccini Tour Dates
Though he currently has no upcoming tour or events at the moment, get to listen for the first time, Paul Gambaccini revealing how he started life as a boy in the Bronx and wound up The Professor of Pop in Great Britain. Together with clips of great artists he has known, he will explain what it was like to experience the phenomena of Elvis Presley as a child and the Beatles as a teenager, how he got into radio, his early experiences with Rolling Stone magazine, his fascinating years at Radio 1, 2, 3 and 4 and Classic FM, and his regular television appearances.
Hear him discuss the three great crises of his life: coping with the Vietnam War’s challenge to his American generation, enduring the era of AIDS, and surviving a hostile encounter with the Metropolitan Police. In a nod to his current Radio 4 series Counterpoint, there will be a Music Quiz and a Q&A. Running times will be 90 mins, plus interval. You cannot afford to miss!
Paul Gambaccini Radio 2
Listen to him live on Saturdays from 8 am to 10 am as he plays America’s Greatest Hits.
Love Paul Gambaccini
Paul Gambaccini was arrested in the dead of night in October 2013. Possessions confiscated, smeared in the press and rendered unemployable, Gambaccini was forced to pay tens of thousands of pounds in legal fees without an income. For a year he was repeatedly bailed and rebailed, often learning of new developments in his case from the media furore that surrounded him. Finally, inevitably, he was exonerated and added to the ever-growing list of celebrities falsely accused of historical sexual abuse. Love, Paul Gambaccini is the full, unflinching story of the witch-hunt Gambaccini endured during those twelve horrific months as part of Operation Yewtree. Drawing strength from family and friends, he vowed to keep a journal during his ordeal, writing every day until his case was dismissed. The result is not only a searing account of how it felt to have the full weight of the state brought to bear on him; it is also an urgent, rallying call to arms to all those who care about the quest for justice.
Originally published: 2015
Author: Paul Gambaccini
Paul Gambaccini Playlist
To get his latest playlist, visit BBC official website.
Paul Gambaccini Limahl
Paul Gambaccini Books
Gambaccini was co-author of The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles and related titles, with Tim and Jo Rice, alongside Radio 1 colleague at that time, Mike Read, between 1977 and 1996. Gambaccini’s own books include Love Letters, Radio Boy, Top 100 Albums and Track Records. The Ultimate Man, a musical about a comic book superhero, was co-written with Alastair King and Jane Edith Wilson, and produced at the Bridewell Theatre in London in 2000.
- A Conversation With Elton John and Bernie Taupin – Putnam Publishing Group 1975
- Paul McCartney in his own words – Omnibus Press 1976
- The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles with Tim Rice, Jo Rice and Mike Read – Guinness, first published 1977: several subsequent editions
- Paul Gambaccini presents The Top 100 Albums – Pavilion Books 1987
- Rock Critics’ Choice: The Top 200 Albums – Music Sales Corp 1979
- Masters of Rock – Omnibus Press 1982
- Track Records – Elm Tree Books 1985
- Radio Boy: An Adolescent DJ’s Story – Elm Tree Books 1986
- United Kingdom Top 1000 Singles (with Tim Rice and Jo Rice) – Gullane Children’s Books 1988
- The Guinness Book of British Hit Albums (with Tim Rice and Jo Rice) – Guinness First published 1983: several subsequent editions
- Hits of The 80s (with Jo Rice, Tim Rice and Tony Brown) – Guinness 1990
- Top 40 Charts (with Tim Rice and Jo Rice) – Guinness 1992
- Television’s Greatest Hits (with Rod Taylor) – Network Books 1993
- Love Letters – Michael O’Mara Books 1996
- The McCartney Interviews: After the Break-up – Omnibus Press 1996
- Close Encounters – Omnibus Press 1998
- The Complete Eurovision Song Contest Companion (with Tim and Jo Rice and Tony Brown) – Pavilion Books 1998
- The Eurovision Companion (revised edition), Pavilion Books 1999
- Complete Book of the British Charts (with Tony Brown and Tim Rice) Omnibus Press 2000.
- Love, Paul Gambaccini: My Year Under the Yewtree – Biteback Publishing 2015
Paul Gambaccini Twitter
Paul Gambaccini Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Isn’t that famous 60/70/80’s DJ Paul Gambaccini walking around Soho? Why, yes it is. ?#paulgambaccini #soho #soholondon #starspotting #worsfold #streetphotography #photographer #photography #sonyalpha #streetleaks #london #londonphotographer #londonphotography #streets_vision #streetstyle #zeissbatis #ZEISSCameraLenses #dj #streetphotographyinternational #documentaryphotography #photojournalist #photooftheday #reportagespotlight #alphacollective #capturestreets #lensculturestreet
Paul Gambaccini Bbc Radio 2
Listen to his live shows by visiting BBC official website.
Paul Gambaccini News
Paul Gambaccini cancels UK tour after shingles diagnosis.
Updated on: 26 March, 2018.
Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini has postponed his upcoming tour due to illness. The DJ, 68, was due to begin a 21-date tour starting on April 6, called An Evening With Paul Gambaccini (subtitled The Great Gambo – The Professor Of Pop), during which he planned to discuss his 2013 arrest as part of Operation Yewtree.
He told the Press Association: “I have been living with shingles for the past month. I was diagnosed on February 23.”
Describing the illness as “draining”, he added: “I would recommend when people come of age to have the vaccine.”
The tour was expected to lift the lid on the star’s life story, with an audience Q&A and discussion of darker times, including the Operation Yewtree allegations. The American-born presenter was arrested in October 2013 over a sexual assault claim, allegations which he denied, and spent a year on bail before being told he would not face charges because of insufficient evidence. Gambaccini, who became a UK citizen in 2005, is taking action against the Metropolitan Police and Crown Prosecution Service. Promoter Norwell Lapley Productions confirmed the tour will be rescheduled and the individual venues will handle refunds.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.