Peter Gabriel Biography
Peter Gabriel (Peter Brian Gabriel ) was born on 13th February 1950 in Chobham, Surrey, England. He is an English singer-songwriter, record producer and humanitarian.
Peter Gabriel Education Background
Peter Gabriel attended Cable House, a private primary school in Woking; St. Andrews Prep School in Horsell; and Charterhouse School in Godalming from 1963.
Peter Gabriel Career
In 1967 together with Tony Banks, Anthony Phillips, Mike Rutherford, and drummer Chris Stewart they founded Genesis. Genesis drew some attention in Britain and eventually also in Italy, Belgium, Germany, and other European countries, largely due to Gabriel’s flamboyant stage presence, which involved numerous bizarre costume changes and comical, dreamlike stories told as the introduction to each song (originally Gabriel developed these stories solely to cover the time between songs that the rest of the band would take tuning their instruments and fixing technical glitches). The concerts made extensiveuse of black light with the normal stage lighting subdued or off. A backdrop of fluorescent white sheets and a comparatively sparse stage made the band into a set of silhouettes, with Gabriel’s fluorescent costume and make-up providing the only other sources of light.
On 15th August 1975 he left the band as a result of several factors. His wife had a difficult pregnancy and giving birth to their daughter, Anna-Mariehe opted to stay with his sick daughter and wife, rather than record and tour, the resentment from the rest of the band led Gabriel to conclude that he had to leave the group.
In 1976 Peter Gabriel released his debut single “Solsbury Hill”which w3as written specifically about his departure from Genesis. The song reached the Top 20 in the UK Singles Chart, and also charted on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1978, reaching No. 68.
Peter Gabriel Albums
- 1969: From Genesis to Revelation.
- 1970: Trespass
- 1971: Nursery Cryme
- 1972: Foxtrot
- 1973: Selling England by the Pound
- 1974: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974)
- 1977: Peter Gabriel (Car)
- 1978: Peter Gabriel (Scratch)
- 1980: Peter Gabriel (Melt)
- 1982: Peter Gabriel (Security)
- 1985: Birdy (soundtrack)
- 1986: So
- 1989: Passion (soundtrack)
- 1992: Us
- 2000: OVO (soundtrack)
- 2002: Long Walk Home(soundtrack)
- 2002: Up
- 2010: Scratch My Back
- 2011: New Blood
Peter Gabriel Songs
- Animal Magic
- Big Time
- Blood Of Eden
- Come Talk To Me
- Digging In The Dirt
- Don’t Give Up
- Down The Dolce Vita
- Down To Earth
- Excuse Me
- Family Snapshot
- Fourteen Black Paintings
- Games Without Frontiers
- Here Comes The Flood
- Home Sweet Home
- I Don’t Remember
- I Grieve
- I Have The Touch
- I’m Amazing
- In Your Eyes
- Kiss That Frog
- Lay Your Hands On Me
- Lead a Normal Life
- Love To Be Loved
- Mercy Street
- Milgram’s 37 (we do what we’re told)
- Modern Love
- Moribund The Burgermeister
- Mother Of Violence
- No Self Control
- Not One Of Us
- On The Air
- Out Out
- Red Rain
- Rhythm Of The Heat
- San Jacinto
- Secret World
- Shaking The Tree
- Shock The Monkey
- Solsbury Hill
- That Voice Again
- The Barry Williams Show
- The Book Of Love
- The Family And The Fishing Net
- The Nest That Sailed the Sky
Peter Gabriel Awards
- 1983: Outstanding Contribution to British Music, Ivor Novello Awards
- 1987: Video of the Year,’Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Male Video, ‘Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Concept Video,’Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Most Experimental Video,’Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Overall Performance,’Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Direction, ‘Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Special Effects, ‘Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Art Direction, ‘Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Editing,’Sledgehammer’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1987: Best Song Musically And Lyrically, ‘Don’t Give Up’,Ivor Novello Awards
- 1987: Video Vanguard Award, MTV Video Music Awards
- 1990: Best New Age Performance, ‘Passion’ during the Grammy Awards.
- 1992: Lifetime Achievement Award, Ivor Novello Awards
- 1992: Best Producer, Q Awards.
- 1993: Best Music Video, Short Form ‘Digging in the Dirt’ during the Grammy Awards.
- 1993: Best Special Effects ‘Steam’, during the Grammy Awards.
- 1994: Best Music Video, Short Form, ‘Steam’, during the Grammy Awards.
- 1994: Best Special Effects, ‘Kiss That Frog’, MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1996: Best Music Video, Long Form, ‘Secret World Live’ during the Grammy Awards.
- 2006: Q Lifetime Achievement Award, Q Awards.
- 2007: Lifetime Achievement Award, Ivor Novello Awards
- 2009: Best Song Written for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media ‘Down to Earth’ during the Grammy Awards.
- 2009: Best Instrumental Arrangement ‘Define Dancing’ during the Grammy Awards.
Peter Gabriel Wife and Children
Peter Gabriel married his first wife, Jill Moore on 17th March 1971 and they have two daughters Anna-Marie and Melanie but they divorced in 1987.
On 9th June 2002 Peter Gabriel married his second wife, Meabh Flynn, with whom they have two sons Isaac Ralph and Luc.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.