Rachel Portman Biography
Rachel Portman is an English composer, born (Rachel Mary Berkeley Portman) on 11 December 1960 in Haslemere, England. She is best known for her music soundtrack compositions in the movies Chocolat and The Cider House Rules.
Rachel Portman Age
Portman was born (Rachel Mary Berkeley Portman) on 11 December 1960 in Haslemere, England. She is 58 years old as of 2018.
Rachel Portman Family
Portman is the daughter of Sheila Margaret Penelope Mowat Portman and Berkeley Charles Berkeley Portman.
Rachel Portman Education
Portman joined Charterhouse School where she gained passion in music from young age
Rachel Portman Husband
Portman got maried to Uberto Pasolini in 1995.
Rachel Portman Children
Portman has three daughters; Niky Pasolini, Anna Pasolini and Giulia Pasolini
Rachel Portman Career
Portman’s career in music began with writing music for drama in BBC and Channel four films like Oranges don’t seem to be the sole Fruit, microphone Leigh’s Four Days in July and Jim Henson’s Storyteller series.
Since then, Portman has written over one hundred scores for film, tv and theatre, together with The Manchurian Candidate (Jonathan Demme), jazzman Twist (Roman Polanski), Hart’s War (Gregory Hoblit), The Legend of Bagger Vance (Robert Redford), Beloved (Jonathan Demme), Benny and Joon (Jeremiah Chechik), Life is sweet (Mike Leigh), ne’er Let me Go (Mark Romanek), gray Gardens (Michael Sucsy), The Lady (Saul Dibb), someday (Lone Scherfig), The Vow (Michael Sucsy), Snow Flower and also the Secret Fan (Wayne Wang), The Lake House (Alejandro Agresti), disreputable (Douglas McGrath), Anglesey Island Lisa Smile (Mike Newell), and also the Human Stain (Robert Benton).
Portman is maybe best noted for her music audio recording compositions within the movies Chocolat and also the potable House Rules.
Her alternative works embody a children’s opera, the small patrician (which was later tailored for television) and small House on the grassland, a musical based mostly upon the Laura Ingalls Wilder books very little House on the grassland (2008). Portman was commissioned to put in writing a chunk of choral music for the BBC Proms series in August 2007.
Rachel Portman married in 1995 Uberto Pasolini Dall’Onda, with whom she had 3 daughters, Pakistani monetary unit Gwendolen, Giulia Ginerva and Niky Joan Pasolini Dall’Onda.
Rachel Portman Filmography
- Privileged (1982)
- Reflections (1984)
- Last Day of Summer (1984)
- Four Days in July (1985)
- Sharma and Beyond (1986)
- Good as Gold (1986)
- A Little Princess (1986)
- 1914 All Out (1987)
- The Short and Curlies (1987)
- The Falklands War: The Untold Story (1987)
- 90 Degrees South (1987)
- The Storyteller (1988) TV Series
- Loving Hazel (1988)
- Sometime in August (1988)
- The Woman in Black (1989)
- Young Charlie Chaplin (1989)
- Monster Maker (1989)
- Living with Dinosaurs (1989)
- Precious Bane (1989) (TV)
- Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit (1990)
- Shoot to Kill (1990)
- Life Is Sweet (1990)
- The Storyteller: Greek Myths (1990)
- The Widowmaker (1990)
- Where Angels Fear to Tread (1991)
- Antonia and Jane (1991)
- Flea Bites (1991) (TV)
- Elizabeth R: A Year in the Life of the Queen (1992) (TV)
- Used People (1992)
- Mr. Wakefield’s Crusade (1992) (TV)
- Rebecca’s Daughters (1992)
- The Cloning of Joanna May (1992)
- Friends (1993)
- The Joy Luck Club (1993)
- Benny & Joon (1993)
- Ethan Frome (1993)
- Great Moments in Aviation (1993)
- The Road to Wellville (1994)
- Only You (1994)
- Sirens (1994)
- War of the Buttons (1994)
- To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995)
- Palookaville (1995)
- Smoke (1995)
- A Pyromaniac’s Love Story (1995)
- Marvin’s Room (1996)
- Emma (1996) (Won the Academy Award for Best Musical or Comedy Score)
- The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996)
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)
- Addicted to Love (1997)
- Beloved (1998)
- Home Fries (1998)
- The Cider House Rules (1999) (Academy Award Nomination for Best Music, Original Score)
- Ratcatcher (1999)
- The Other Sister (1999)
- Chocolat (2000) (Academy Award Nomination for Best Music, Original Score)
- The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000)
- The Closer You Get (2000)
- The Emperor’s New Clothes (2001)
- Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
- The Truth About Charlie (2002)
- Hart’s War (2002)
- Mona Lisa Smile (2003)
- The Human Stain (2003)
- The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
- Lard (2004)
- Oliver Twist (2005)
- Define Normal (2005)
- Because of Winn-Dixie (2005)
- Infamous (2006)
- The Lake House (2006)
- H2Hope: The Water Diviner’s Tale (Musical, BBC Prom 57) (2007)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)
- The Duchess (2008)
- Grey Gardens (2009)
- Never Let Me Go (2010)
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (2010)
- One Day (2011)
- Bel Ami (2011; shared scoring credit with Lakshman Joseph De Saram)
- The Vow (2012; some of the film also scored by Michael Brook)
- Private Peaceful (2012)
- Still Life (2013)
- Paradise (2013)
- Girl Rising (documentary) (2013)
- The Right Kind of Wrong (2013)
- Belle (2013; wide release 2014)
- Dolphin Tale 2 (2014)
- Bessie (2015)
- Mog’s Christmas Calamity (2015)
- Despite the Falling Snow (2016)
- Their Finest (2016)
- Race (2016)
- A Dog’s Purpose (2017)
Rachel Portman Interview
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.